[Official] iPad 3 case discussions - NO SALES

acc

Reaction score
Guys, looks like a few cases advertised as for "Ipad3/New Ipad", the auto on/off not working. The magnets positioning are build for Ipad2.

I just bought a "Macally" from Epicentre.
Ipad does not turn off when you close the front cover.
I'm gonna return this $90 junk back

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
would it be safer just to get the official smart cover from apple, and then get a back case?

tm.chen

Reaction score
Using joyfactory clear back casing, not bad but would be nice to have something to cover the front

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok I got my case changed.. The next piece they tested worked so I stick with the charcoal switcheasy canvas..

Which screen protector are you talking about? I didn't use the one that came with the case, I had power support applied yesterday :) I did however ask the staff to apply the free switcheasy screen protector on another iPad, I'd say that the quality is quite lousy..

Thanks. Have you tried to change to other brand?
Anyway, what is the color you got previously? and which Epicenter did you go? is it Wheelock?

Conan1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Have you tried to change to other brand?
Anyway, what is the color you got previously? and which Epicenter did you go? is it Wheelock?

Nope I didn't try to change to any other thing.. I was looking to get the Canvas that works that's all.. The defective one was charcoal, I changed into another charcoal one that works.. I bought it at Bugis EpiCentre

sKeLeToN

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, looks like a few cases advertised as for "Ipad3/New Ipad", the auto on/off not working. The magnets positioning are build for Ipad2.

I just bought a "Macally" from Epicentre.
Ipad does not turn off when you close the front cover.
I'm gonna return this $90 junk back

Same here, bought this and realised that the magnetic on/off not working. Going to get refund tmr too...they cannot say no refund rite?

For reference:-
MAGCOVER3 Macally Peripherals

Ah_Fu85

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get Switcheasy Canvas Red?
Went to a few epicentre and they are all OOS

PipaKo

Master Member
Reaction score
most of the casing got problem ... y u ppl still keep asking where to buy ? wait a while will die meh?

QwerLee

Reaction score
Why my auto sleep/wake doesnt work? :s12:

Stated on the box it supports the sleep/wake. Was surprise when I saw u say it does not work for u. It's working fine for me. U may want to bring it back to change a new 1?

dametcy

Reaction score
would it be safer just to get the official smart cover from apple, and then get a back case?

I got a tunewear eggshell back cover and apple's smartcover. Both work fine. And ipad remains slim too.

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stated on the box it supports the sleep/wake. Was surprise when I saw u say it does not work for u. It's working fine for me. U may want to bring it back to change a new 1?

Not sure.. Anyway, happy with it and I am not too fussed up about the on/off thingy.
Overall still fatter than my cheapo OEM smart cover with back protection which I was using before, but still slim enough for my liking.

More info and pics.
* From website (mine's black)

First Looks: Belkin Cinema Dot + Cinema Stripe Folio with Stand for iPad (2012) | iLounge

1.jpg

2.jpg

41JjaEp-m2L._AA300_.jpg

51cmM4Eps1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:

QwerLee

Reaction score
Not sure.. Anyway, happy with it and I am not too fussed up about the on/off thingy.
Overall still fatter than my cheapo OEM smart cover with back protection which I was using before, but still slim enough for my liking.

More info and pics.
* From website (mine's black)

First Looks: Belkin Cinema Dot + Cinema Stripe Folio with Stand for iPad (2012) | iLounge

1.jpg

2.jpg

41JjaEp-m2L._AA300_.jpg

51cmM4Eps1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ok if u not particular about it. I'm happy with this purchase as well. Slim enough and seems too offer good protection, not to mention it looks rather good too.

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup, I am happy with it. :)
Feels expensive!
@$69, cannot complain.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.