HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[PART TWO] Convinced now 2nd problem arise !!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #46
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah ouch ! So many mean comments.. Aiyoh I just wanna see how you all cope with this kinda problem ma cos I bet alot people sure got face same situation la. Paiseh if I offended you guys lol. Just dun wanna screw up frienship with ipad hahaha.
no such 'problem' for us because all r grown up adult.

if ur friend know how to think , they will understand u. if they don't then, too bad for u. buy at ur own risk
Errz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #47
Supremacy Member

Those kind of people don't sound like they are TS's friends. And TS hangs out with them but they don't give a sh1t about him. Sorry no offence but thats how it looks like.

Real friends will repsect your choices and property.
negativzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #48
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah ouch ! So many mean comments.. Aiyoh I just wanna see how you all cope with this kinda problem ma cos I bet alot people sure got face same situation la. Paiseh if I offended you guys lol. Just dun wanna screw up frienship with ipad hahaha.
If an iPad can screw up the friendship, this is not called friendship. You are still young. Very soon you will learn that people who stick to you when you are successful ONLY are not TRUE friend. True friends are people who stay with you when you are down and messed up and they share your ups and successes when you made it.

Last edited by seller4; 06-08-2010 at 04:52 PM..
seller4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:27 PM   #49

Hi TS.. when i lend my expensive gadgets to my friends, i always make it clear, you broke it.. you buy me a new one.

its not being a selfish asshole, it is called standing up for yourself..

Believe me, when you start working, there are alot of people in the office waiting to take advantage of you, if you dont stand up for yourself, you will just get eaten.
Noobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #50

don't seem like your friend as real friends.
oohmygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:04 PM   #51

I'm from poly. And yes their upbringing is questionable. Let me describe one incident , that guy doing assignment for no reason take my phone and hold then on the screen. Finger on screen then make the icon wiggle. After that screw up my theme. The other one simply drop the phone on the table zzzz. The worst is they use the iPhone for 1-2hour like is theirs during lecture. *rage*
Has it every occur to you and the thread starters that these are NOT your friends? In the adult world where we are aware of the law and what you can and can't do it might not happen but at your age group...be it simple mind or just wrong upbringing or just because they CAN get away with it... They do what they do to purposely destroy what they can't own or just plain jealousy. Adults will find it hard to act on such emotions but teens at your age...doing something like that and having no control over their emotion and self control.

Thus you want to give in to such peer pressure then you have to take the bad that comes with the good. If I am your friend and i borrow something from you I will always make sure I treat it well and not damage it in anyway. As a friend that is first thing on my mine. If others borrow it and show no respect for it.. well I think you have bigger problems then a broken iPad or iPhone or whatever. You have been mixing with the wrong type of friends. Even other student you don't know well, there is nothing wrong to say NO you will not lend it.

I was young like you once and so are alot of us here and we have grown up and live thru it and can tell you what is morally right and within your right to do or not do. Kids can be cruel as the saying goes and that is really thru at any time. This is not something in the modern age have disappear. You will live through it and just one of the many things you will go thru as you go from a student to adult life.

Within reasonable request to try it out or something where you are present I can see little problem with that. Kids are curious at your age. But if you choose to be the one to show off your item and even go so far to lend then take it out of sight or home..then you have to be prepared to accept what ever happens to it....or not.
sammy888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #52

Don't know how did you get this assumption that a lot of people have the same problem (like yours). I never had this problem.

Anyway, this appears to be a relationship or social problem and shouldn't be in InfoTech Clinics sub forum.
diablo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:39 PM   #53

sorry about this whole 'friend' thing. should i just put that they are my classmate =x

not bringing to school
RitzyRitzRit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:39 PM   #54
High Supremacy Member

go ahead and just be the nice guy whom everyone likes to bully and chop carrot.

anyway, you can hold the ipad and just show them the stuff it can do. only you can touch and they cannot.

whatever names they wanna call you, just let them call. at the end of the day, you won't suffer from heartpain. worse still, it's a gift from your parents. if really spoil, you are also hurting your parents indirectly. they have entrusted the item to you to take care of it. they might just think you can't take care of your items.

parents owns yr friends many times over.

p/s why do i feel that ts is a mole?
Old 06-08-2010, 05:41 PM   #55

go ahead and just be the nice guy whom everyone likes to bully and chop carrot.

anyway, you can hold the ipad and just show them the stuff it can do. only you can touch and they cannot.

whatever names they wanna call you, just let them call. at the end of the day, you won't suffer from heartpain. worse still, it's a gift from your parents. if really spoil, you are also hurting your parents indirectly. they have entrusted the item to you to take care of it. they might just think you can't take care of your items.

parents owns yr friends many times over.

p/s why do i feel that ts is a mole?
sorry what do you mean by mole ? what secret information i wanna sniff
Old 06-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #56
Arch-Supremacy Member

sorry about this whole 'friend' thing. should i just put that they are my classmate =x

not bringing to school
so the main reason of getting ipad is not for sch use lah. so most likely just for games , surfing.
Errz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #57

so the main reason of getting ipad is not for sch use lah. so most likely just for games , surfing.
erm actually wanted to use it in every way possible but now got this hurdle... better not try stepping out
Old 06-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #58
Arch-Supremacy Member

u risk losing ur iPad when u r having ur CCA or not in class, going to toilet and stuff lidat.

IMHO, those who are still studying at @ poly, sec sch.. my advise, do not bring to school.

at least laptop u can use kensington lock.. for iPad wad can u use?
Mclairs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #59
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wtf, ginna dun play ipad rah! Sell to other gor gor here, they will make good use of it!
sevensomerset is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:06 PM   #60

dont fear the reaper
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.