[PSA] Refurbished iPad prices all reduced today

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got the best deal on lazada. $777 for new gold ipad air 2 64GB cellular + wifi. Export set though. bought apple care plus immediately and it went through.

estrangable

Reaction score
That is pretty decent deal.. Considering it is selling at 800 plus plus. Any further discounts with credit card?

metavolta

Reaction score
Capped at $60?

2vslooy.jpg

Yup thats OCBC Frank Card....

6% off online purchase but capped at $60

You would have hit the ceiling when you spend $1,000 online and OCBC Frank give 6% rebate..

Last edited:

estrangable

Reaction score
If it's apple products and you have a frank card - you can opt to get another 2 percent rebate extra

2vslooy.jpg

Yup thats OCBC Frank Card....

6% off online purchase but capped at $60

You would have hit the ceiling when you spend $1,000 online and OCBC Frank give 6% rebate..

estrangable

Reaction score
Just recieved from Apple on Friday... Great deal if u have a frank card.. Ipad air 2 is always thE the
Tablet I wanted. Did a comparison at epicenter.. Unless u want a keyboard and pen.. Really no diff. 600 plus for a ipad air after rebate is a good buy

dantom04

Reaction score
hi there, i am still not quite sure how frank card work, do i need to spend $400 excluding online to get 6% online purchase?

estrangable

Reaction score
It used to be 6% across all online purchases up to a cap of 60 dollars. Recently they changed to - in order to enjoy the 6% rebate, u need to spend 400 dollars offline, else the rebate will be 0.3

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
It used to be 6% across all online purchases up to a cap of 60 dollars. Recently they changed to - in order to enjoy the 6% rebate, u need to spend 400 dollars offline, else the rebate will be 0.3
get standard chartered singpost. 7% for online purchases.

estrangable

Reaction score
My refurbished ipad went kaput in 5 days!?!!

Called them up and a replacement is on the way. Pretty surprised that it's spoilt In less than a week. The customer service agent threw in a 25 dollars voucher when I complained that I have just applied the screen protector

starlety

Reaction score

Called them up and a replacement is on the way. Pretty surprised that it's spoilt In less than a week. The customer service agent threw in a 25 dollars voucher when I complained that I have just applied the screen protector

tough luck then.. got mine for 2 weeks without any problem

metavolta

Reaction score

tough luck then.. got mine for 2 weeks without any problem

As long as cover under Apple Care Warranty then its peace of mind...

Talking about it....

I recently purchase the old AppleCare for iPad Retail Box from Carousell for my new iPad Pro 9.7 at $90 (25% savings)

Apple still recognizes it but you cannot activate it online. At least for my own experience.

172164468150_1.jpg

Need to call and explain to Apple staff then they will help to activate.
Slightly troublesome but with 25% savings... i am willing to go through it :s13:

I remember on Carousell i still saw some users selling the old Apple Care iPad retail box Make sure it is not activated ... & lowest i saw was $70 ..

Otherwise just get the normal Apple Care+

APPLECARE-plus

Last edited:

metavolta

Reaction score
HWZ User said:
How did u ask apple service staff to activate for u? I try calling them around 9.05am this morning and ask them to activate they said cannot... I am using the old apple care protection for ipad they said the code is valid but cannot be use..:(

Before i even continue.....

Did you throw away the box for AppleCare Protection Plan?

The box contains very important information:

Part No XXXXXXX/X
Serial Number XXXXXXXXXXXX

I just explained to the Apple Staff over the phone and highlighted to them the following:

• Bought extra Retail Apple Care Protection Plan for iPad (Have Box with Serial & Part No. as proof)
  • Did not activate it as planning to use on my other iPad
  • Lost the receipt but still have the retail box with Part No & Serial No
  • Highlighted to them it would be unfair to penalize customer by voiding the AppleCare as it is the old version. We (Customer) did spend SGD$118 to buy iPad AppleCare and it is just that we did not activate it immediately.

After listening to my explanation, the staff asked for my Apple iPad Box Details:

Part No XXXXXXX/X
Serial Number XXXXXXXXXXXX

As well as the iPad Registration No. ( Serial no. found inside the box)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Apple staff told me that they will look into the matter and after 3 working days, was informed over email that my Apple Care iPad has been activated....

Like what i said in the forum, it is quite a hassle but for the savings i guess it is worth it :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.