HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Urgent Help] IPad2 issues and does Apple Store service JB-ed product? Thanks~

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2011, 01:50 AM   #1
Master Member

[Urgent Help] IPad2 issues and does Apple Store service JB-ed product? Thanks~

My Ipad2 is now having issues of not being able to charge properly, not being able to be detected by itunes/ifunbox etc...

Totally not sure whats wrong.. Any1 know whats wrong or encounter this problem before? thanks..

And was also thinking of going to Apple Store and have it serviced, but its an jailbroken ipad2.. So if i never restore (Cos cant even detect by pc and itunes, cant restore atm), will they repair or 1 to1 exchange for me?
Old 18-10-2011, 07:14 AM   #2

wow

my friend had a similar problem with her 64gb 3g+wifi but not jb. still, apple didnt change for her as they said it was damaged due to mishandling. and still within 1yr warranty!
desewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 07:32 AM   #3
Master Member

wah wth man.... thats really bad... Then how is her ipad now?
Old 18-10-2011, 08:10 AM   #4
Supremacy Member

My Ipad2 is now having issues of not being able to charge properly, not being able to be detected by itunes/ifunbox etc...

Totally not sure whats wrong.. Any1 know whats wrong or encounter this problem before? thanks..

And was also thinking of going to Apple Store and have it serviced, but its an jailbroken ipad2.. So if i never restore (Cos cant even detect by pc and itunes, cant restore atm), will they repair or 1 to1 exchange for me?
they will restore it. if you ahve backed up the shsh then no problem you can restore back, but if they replace the set, then good luck to you.
yi_shiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 08:13 AM   #5
Master Member

Yea... But I think 3G ver Ipad2 cant back up shsh...

sobz.. it makes it more worse.. lol.

Anyway guys, do they do a 1:1 exchange on e spot or they will retain e ipad for some servicing and checks before doing an exchange if its a hardware fault or whatever shiet..

Cos I really quite protect my ipad as in never drop it or whatever.. so no idea why it has this issue also.. So hopefully something can be done with it... But prob is now itunes/pc cant even detect my Ipad in DFU mode, so dunno how to do a restore and remove the jb....

Thanks~
Old 18-10-2011, 08:37 AM   #6

Yea... But I think 3G ver Ipad2 cant back up shsh...

sobz.. it makes it more worse.. lol.

Anyway guys, do they do a 1:1 exchange on e spot or they will retain e ipad for some servicing and checks before doing an exchange if its a hardware fault or whatever shiet..

Cos I really quite protect my ipad as in never drop it or whatever.. so no idea why it has this issue also.. So hopefully something can be done with it... But prob is now itunes/pc cant even detect my Ipad in DFU mode, so dunno how to do a restore and remove the jb....

Thanks~
how about trying different USB ports, try using a different sync cable or try reinstall itunes to isolate the problem is really ur ipad?
huffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 09:02 AM   #7
Master Member

how about trying different USB ports, try using a different sync cable or try reinstall itunes to isolate the problem is really ur ipad?
Yea actually i have tried different cables and also on diff computers.. All cant detect
Old 18-10-2011, 10:31 AM   #8

high chance the ur ipad connector port has been damaged. u always poke very hard isit... din noe apple so f-up now wont replace this kind of damage
IishAcrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

Suggest trying another comp, preferably a Mac.

I had the same problem, not on ipad2 but on iphone4. PC cant detect it but Macbook can.
Old 18-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #10
Master Member

high chance the ur ipad connector port has been damaged. u always poke very hard isit... din noe apple so f-up now wont replace this kind of damage
Haha no leh I nv poke hard hard lah.. New iPad so I gentle to it 1..
Btw ya sia surprised they won't replace for such issue..

Suggest trying another comp, preferably a Mac.

I had the same problem, not on ipad2 but on iphone4. PC cant detect it but Macbook can.
Oh, lol aww don't think got any Mac ard to try
Old 19-10-2011, 11:44 AM   #11

go to settings -> general -> Reset -> Reset All Settings.

it will erase all apps and data on your ipad and set back to factory default. so better be sure your backup copy is good on your PC before trying this. takes a long time too.
elimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2011, 12:05 PM   #12
Supremacy Member

go to settings -> general -> Reset -> Reset All Settings.

it will erase all apps and data on your ipad and set back to factory default. so better be sure your backup copy is good on your PC before trying this. takes a long time too.
isn't it not recommended to reset your jailbroken advices? i thought it will be stuck in recovery?
Official Member #6 Of EDMW Gundam Modelling Brotherhood
simcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #13

stuck in recovery then just send in to replace lor.
support staff will have to restore the ipad to kick it out of recovery loop. when they do that, the JB is "gone".
Old 19-10-2011, 02:11 PM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

stuck in recovery then just send in to replace lor.
support staff will have to restore the ipad to kick it out of recovery loop. when they do that, the JB is "gone".
Press sleep/power button and home button together and hold.
The iPad will wake up again..
sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2011, 02:19 PM   #15

Press sleep/power button and home button together and hold.
The iPad will wake up again..
we're saying stuck in recovery loop.

TS can't kick it out or restore when in recovery since his comp cannot detect the ipad.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.