HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2018 iPad Pro

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2020, 10:56 PM   #1816
Arch-Supremacy Member

received my iPad Pro 11" on Saturday until now still haven't unbox.
will do it tonight or tomorrow
need to get it done by Friday so anything wrong can return
Congrats too! Getting a case for it?
Old 26-02-2020, 08:23 AM   #1817
Arch-Supremacy Member

Congrats too! Getting a case for it?
Yea, thinking of getting the original keyboard folio from apple, but cost $269

No bending issues. My iPad Pro is immediately placed inside Logitech’s slim folio pro case after getting the screen protector installed.
Is the slim folio any good? How much ah?
Old 26-02-2020, 01:03 PM   #1818
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yea, thinking of getting the original keyboard folio from apple, but cost $269

Is the slim folio any good? How much ah?
But saw the original keyboard folio does not protect the sides and some people said when carried on hand, the iPad will tend to slip out. Some more the keyboard does not have backlighting.

I bought the slim folio pro for around $166 (original is around $179) Good overall protection with thicker rubber edges to protect even from drops. The flap securing the folio when closed houses a slot for the pencil but actually can just fold over the pencil.

Keyboard wise, Logitechís keyboard is still the best with excellent tactile feel, backlit keyboard and has a USB-C port at the side which can also be charged from the iPad itself. Batt is rated up to 3 mths on a regular 2 hrs per day usage. I charged only once since I first bought, used the keyboard everyday (maybe almost an hr everyday) and until now the batt is still green. Donít forget itís using BT connection.
Old 27-02-2020, 09:02 AM   #1819

But saw the original keyboard folio does not protect the sides and some people said when carried on hand, the iPad will tend to slip out. Some more the keyboard does not have backlighting.

I bought the slim folio pro for around $166 (original is around $179) Good overall protection with thicker rubber edges to protect even from drops. The flap securing the folio when closed houses a slot for the pencil but actually can just fold over the pencil.

Keyboard wise, Logitechís keyboard is still the best with excellent tactile feel, backlit keyboard and has a USB-C port at the side which can also be charged from the iPad itself. Batt is rated up to 3 mths on a regular 2 hrs per day usage. I charged only once since I first bought, used the keyboard everyday (maybe almost an hr everyday) and until now the batt is still green. Donít forget itís using BT connection.
My experience with slim folio is that after Long the sleeve on the flap gets loose with constant in out in out but is still the safest as I once dropped my pencil while on the ipad and flap over the pencil only. Luckily I noticed it quite fast and went back to retrieve it.
spidercyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2020, 05:04 PM   #1820

gf gifted me an engraved one now got 3 pencils. just nice one for each ipad model.

i hope apple dun refresh apple pencil for ipad pro 2020.

Last edited by nangongjun; 27-02-2020 at 07:32 PM..
nangongjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2020, 05:56 PM   #1821
Arch-Supremacy Member

gf gifted me an engraved one now got 3 pencils. just nice one for each ipad model.

i hope apple dun refresh apple pencil for ipad pro 2020.
Doubt so, it should be the same pencil.
Snoweagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2020, 07:37 AM   #1822
Arch-Supremacy Member

Price go back liao
Heng I bought last week.

Decided to go for the original keyboard folio
Quite expensive but oh well.
Hopefully itís worth it.

Old 28-02-2020, 12:11 PM   #1823
Arch-Supremacy Member

My experience with slim folio is that after Long the sleeve on the flap gets loose with constant in out in out but is still the safest as I once dropped my pencil while on the ipad and flap over the pencil only. Luckily I noticed it quite fast and went back to retrieve it.
Gets loose as in the flap's magnet wears out? I still use flap over the pencil only rather than slot in as per my previous slim combo on my 10.5 model, over time the pencil holder gets loose and the pencil will slip out of it. Some more I've bought a new one once, over time the same thing happens.
Old 29-02-2020, 12:26 PM   #1824
Arch-Supremacy Member

The 11 inch iPad Pro screen protector got issue one ah?

Just now went to paste tempered glass at the camera section got bubbles

They told me say common issue but I donít think so leh.. my 12.9 got no issue

Same screen protector somemore

Last edited by Glariel; 29-02-2020 at 12:57 PM..
Glariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2020, 01:25 PM   #1825

Rumours coming out new KB Folio with touchpad

Price go back liao
Heng I bought last week.

Decided to go for the original keyboard folio
Quite expensive but oh well.
Hopefully itís worth it.

Old 29-02-2020, 02:07 PM   #1826
Arch-Supremacy Member

Rumours coming out new KB Folio with touchpad
I need this 11 inch. This will be the last iPad Iím getting with keyboard cover. Expensive sia $269
Old 01-03-2020, 05:16 AM   #1827

Gets loose as in the flap's magnet wears out? I still use flap over the pencil only rather than slot in as per my previous slim combo on my 10.5 model, over time the pencil holder gets loose and the pencil will slip out of it. Some more I've bought a new one once, over time the same thing happens.
Oh sorry I meant the pencil holding area on the flap gets loose. Magnet still strohg
spidercyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:13 AM   #1828
Arch-Supremacy Member

Oh sorry I meant the pencil holding area on the flap gets loose. Magnet still strohg
Itís normal for that. This type of design eventually will face this problem due to stretching, so thatís why I just close the flap over the pencil.
Old 02-03-2020, 01:14 AM   #1829
Arch-Supremacy Member

The 11 inch iPad Pro screen protector got issue one ah?

Just now went to paste tempered glass at the camera section got bubbles

They told me say common issue but I donít think so leh.. my 12.9 got no issue

Same screen protector somemore
Mine has a cutout at the camera area so donít face this problem.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:07 AM   #1830
Arch-Supremacy Member

Mine has a cutout at the camera area so donít face this problem.
the whole experience of pasting of the screen protector was a nightmare for me.

when I went to iStudio, the guy greeted me say what I looking for, then I told him say I looking for screen protector for iPad Pro 11". He directed me to the iPad Pro screen protector section, I saw the screen protector which I wanted and he recommended me 1 of the tempered glass with cut out. He asked me say why I don't take that screen protector he recommend me as it is compatible with the Apple Pencil, easier to write also. He even say the screen protector I choose if use Apple Pencil hard to write. I told him say I use this brand before on my 10.5" and is able to write and detect smoothly. Then I find it fishy liao. Then nevermind didn't bother much on what he say, I insisted to take that screen protector which I wanted. The reason I choose that is cause I use before and it covers full screen. I never liked screen protector with cut out. My iPhone X and above all are full screen too.

When he paste for me that time the camera part there got 1 bubble, then he try to press and press cannot go away. after trying for few times he gave up and use the 2nd piece. The 2nd piece was worse as shown in the picture on my previous post. After that he can tell me say is normal cause of the camera. Then I ok can accept and made payment.

On my way home then I feel something not right, took out the iPad Pro from the box, got another bubble just above the screen, pressed hard hard the bubble go away and after awhile it came back. then go back to the shop again go back already ask for the guy who pasted for me, he MIA for like 1/2 hr, probably having lunch or something. so I waited at the shop. Few iStudio staffs who clocked in for work ask why I stand here for so long, and I tell them say I wait for the guy who pasted the screen protector for me. then out of nowhere the manager came out.

After 20 mins, the manager saw me why I stand at the shop so long then she come to me ask me take out my iPad Pro show her, the guy paste got bubble then she also try and try also cannot go away, then she do a 1 to 1 replacement for me, then the camera part there no bubble.

sometimes don't know why the shop hire this kind of newbie, don't know how to paste then don't help paste la, waste my time. total waste like 4hrs, from 10am+ go until 2pm+ and waste my bus fare also. the screen protector also not cheap, if $10 I still can close 1 eye.. but its $79, and you know how expensive those iPad Pro screen protector is at iStudio. Still can tell me say the screen protector I choose not compatible with Apple Pencil. Although ya la I don't have Apple Pencil 2nd gen yet for my iPad Pro but doesn't mean in future I wont get it.

I really feel like buying the Apple Pencil and go back to the shop and show him that it can work. Usually touch screen can work Apple Pencil sure can work one. Proven and tested on Galaxy Note S Pen. Somemore the tempered glass on the Note series is thicker than the one for my iPad Pro.
shawnbright likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.