HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2018 iPad Pro

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2018, 09:42 PM   #181
Arch-Supremacy Member

Agree lol. Windows 10 is not light no matter how they try. The surface go design is meh.. price also high for 128 gb version. Ipad has 256 and 512 fb options with much smoother os and portability. Don’t get hot easily too. Touch screen experience is on a different level
I feel iPad Pro's pricing is not comparable with the Surface Go. Based on RRP, it is closer to competing with the likes of a Surface Pro. In fact, if I were to get an iPad Pro with the keyboard and pencil, it will cost as much as the Lenovo Miix 720 with i5 7200U, 8GB DDR4 ram and 512GB of storage.

Surface Go is more to compete with the iPad 2018, which I still feel the latter is superior to the middle of the road Surface Go. From my experience, the specs is too underpowered to run the resource heavy Windows 10.

And it is true that the touchscreen experience is significantly better on either iOS and Android.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2018, 09:48 PM   #182
Arch-Supremacy Member

Microsoft and Samsung prices are almost the same lol.
Appleís more like in a class of its own, itís unique.

In another note, Samsungís latest Note 9 with 512GB is still cheaper than iPhone X with 256GB.
Old 15-08-2018, 10:25 AM   #183
Supremacy Member

wait one month more, will see new iPad Pro liao! Yeah
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 03:00 PM   #184

Appleís more like in a class of its own, itís unique.

In another note, Samsungís latest Note 9 with 512GB is still cheaper than iPhone X with 256GB.
cant imagine many many people are using 256GB IPhone X which cost 1898. Now not sure how much will the new Iphne X 6.5 inch cost.

well regardless, cant wait for the bezel less iPad pro if I wont upgrade my X.
Eidekos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 03:36 PM   #185
Arch-Supremacy Member

cant imagine many many people are using 256GB IPhone X which cost 1898. Now not sure how much will the new Iphne X 6.5 inch cost.

It’s $1888, not $1898. But many people like myself get the phone by signing up/re-contracting mobile line so don’t pay the $1888 in full.

Those you referred to are those who queue at Apple Stores around the world.

I just got my 10.5” Pro so won’t be buying the new one.
Old 15-08-2018, 07:57 PM   #186
Arch-Supremacy Member

Which is why I stopped buying iPhone. Instead I use my iPad.
Old 15-08-2018, 10:30 PM   #187
Arch-Supremacy Member

Itís $1888, not $1898. But many people like myself get the phone by signing up/re-contracting mobile line so donít pay the $1888 in full.

I just got my 10.5Ē Pro so wonít be buying the new one.
I actually find the exchange rate very unreasonable. Take the base 999 USD, converted to SGD is it really 1648? Even accounting for GST, itís closer, but still not there. iPhones may be good, but the price in SG is certainly enough to make me think twice about paying more than 1 grand for a phone with a 2 year contract. Moreover, they forcefully removed the Touch ID and headphone jack is a further deal breaker for me.
Old 15-08-2018, 11:11 PM   #188
Arch-Supremacy Member

I actually find the exchange rate very unreasonable. Take the base 999 USD, converted to SGD is it really 1648? Even accounting for GST, itís closer, but still not there. iPhones may be good, but the price in SG is certainly enough to make me think twice about paying more than 1 grand for a phone with a 2 year contract. Moreover, they forcefully removed the Touch ID and headphone jack is a further deal breaker for me.
Of course I knew about that, but do you know there are other countries selling more expensive than in SG? Different countries have different pricing so Iíve no argument for that.

I also donít use the headphone jack and using Face ID is fine with me, and I still have my iPad Pro and 7 Plus for Touch ID. Iíd still continue to purchase iPhones.
Old 16-08-2018, 12:07 PM   #189
Arch-Supremacy Member

Of course I knew about that, but do you know there are other countries selling more expensive than in SG? Different countries have different pricing so Iíve no argument for that.

I also donít use the headphone jack and using Face ID is fine with me, and I still have my iPad Pro and 7 Plus for Touch ID. Iíd still continue to purchase iPhones.
I've no arguments on this since its just personal preference.
Old 16-08-2018, 12:49 PM   #190
Arch-Supremacy Member

I've no arguments on this since its just personal preference.
Yes, after being in the Apple ecosystem for a decade, gotten so used to it. I've tried playing around with Android, doesn't come close.
Snoweagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2018, 02:38 PM   #191

Itís $1888, not $1898. But many people like myself get the phone by signing up/re-contracting mobile line so donít pay the $1888 in full.

I just got my 10.5Ē Pro so wonít be buying the new one.
yeah, recontract always the best option. especially for prestige members or those who can recontract every year without extra fee, so they always get the newest iPhone.

like for me, been recontracting every year. but last yr only, I ditch the TV plan so likely no prestige for me and I switched to CIS plan. Made a lot of difference on my monthly plan.
Old 16-08-2018, 02:39 PM   #192

Yes, after being in the Apple ecosystem for a decade, gotten so used to it. I've tried playing around with Android, doesn't come close.
Haha! every year I try androind but always go back after a month or 2.
Old 16-08-2018, 07:29 PM   #193
Arch-Supremacy Member

yeah, recontract always the best option. especially for prestige members or those who can recontract every year without extra fee, so they always get the newest iPhone.

like for me, been recontracting every year. but last yr only, I ditch the TV plan so likely no prestige for me and I switched to CIS plan. Made a lot of difference on my monthly plan.
Mine's under CIS so 24mths contract, which means I'll only re-contract for next year's iPhone. Yes CIS saves me a whole lot of money. The regular price it charges for my plan, under CIS I can still add Data X3, Spotify and Apple Music, and the total is only almost the price of the regular plan. Not forgetting CIS plan still gives an additional 1GB data.
Old 16-08-2018, 07:46 PM   #194
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'll never go to an Android, iOS is so much more fluid.
Old 16-08-2018, 10:48 PM   #195
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'll never go to an Android, iOS is so much more fluid.
I don't deny iOS is better having used it for many years. However now to me it is definitely not worth paying that significant price difference for a phone. After all, my primary usage is taking pictures, surfing the net, listening to music and using it for communication. While it is true I spend more time with my phone, but I really prefer to use a larger screen. Which is why I am willing to splurge on an iPad Pro, a hybrid laptop and also a desktop for heavy lifting.

Android is not that difficult to use, and I feel it is just a matter of how willing you are to adapt. How much more difficult will it be using Android phones for communications, surfing net, listening to music and taking pictures? The icons for these cases are all there and will start at a click of it.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.