HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2018 iPad Pro

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2018, 11:56 PM   #196
Arch-Supremacy Member

I don't deny iOS is better having used it for many years. However now to me it is definitely not worth paying that significant price difference for a phone. After all, my primary usage is taking pictures, surfing the net, listening to music and using it for communication. While it is true I spend more time with my phone, but I really prefer to use a larger screen. Which is why I am willing to splurge on an iPad Pro, a hybrid laptop and also a desktop for heavy lifting.

Android is not that difficult to use, and I feel it is just a matter of how willing you are to adapt. How much more difficult will it be using Android phones for communications, surfing net, listening to music and taking pictures? The icons for these cases are all there and will start at a click of it.
Probably because Iím too used to iOS, but different people different usage patterns. Yes my main computer is my MBP, on-the-go and when playing games at home and casual browsing, itís my iPad Pro. Phone wise to me itís not just a device to makes calls, whatsapp, iMessaging, but a Ďhandheld computerí and also a tool for my Apple Watch and a device when Iím just out without my iPad Pro which I can still just about do everything on it.
Old 17-08-2018, 09:43 PM   #197
Arch-Supremacy Member

Probably because Iím too used to iOS, but different people different usage patterns. Yes my main computer is my MBP, on-the-go and when playing games at home and casual browsing, itís my iPad Pro. Phone wise to me itís not just a device to makes calls, whatsapp, iMessaging, but a Ďhandheld computerí and also a tool for my Apple Watch and a device when Iím just out without my iPad Pro which I can still just about do everything on it.
Don't mind me being very honest, but I feel people tend to feel iOS is easier to use because of what you mentioned, "too used to iOS". It took me awhile to say what is so difficult to use about Android vs iOS? Don't applications start by clicking on an icon, and not typing some sort of command like Linux vs Windows? While Android phones are less powerful when it comes to the SOC, at this stage, high end SOCs offers very competitive performance in real life. You can only tell how much faster the A1X SOCs are by running benchmarks. So nowadays, I am quite indifferent whether it is iOS or Android. Which is also why I am using an Android phone but have always gone back to buy an Apple iPad.

Anyway like I mentioned, everyone have their own opinion of things and I respect that. So I am not going to continue to derail the topic of this thread, which is the iPad Pro 2018. Looking forward to see its release, though I am very gladly using the iPad Pro 2017.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2018, 09:47 PM   #198
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyway out of curiosity, are there folks here who uses some stylus with the iPad Pro that is not the Apple Pencil please? Does it work reasonably well?

Reason for asking is because I am thinking of getting one, though not the Pencil because I don't think I will use it extensively. It is very clear that my usage is very low because I rarely touch the active pen for my hybrid as well. So don't want to waste money buying an expensive one.
Old 17-08-2018, 09:50 PM   #199
Arch-Supremacy Member

Don't mind me being very honest, but I feel people tend to feel iOS is easier to use because of what you mentioned, "too used to iOS". It took me awhile to say what is so difficult to use about Android vs iOS? Don't applications start by clicking on an icon, and not typing some sort of command like Linux vs Windows? While Android phones are less powerful when it comes to the SOC, at this stage, high end SOCs offers very competitive performance in real life. You can only tell how much faster the A1X SOCs are by running benchmarks. So nowadays, I am quite indifferent whether it is iOS or Android. Which is also why I am using an Android phone but have always gone back to buy an Apple iPad.

Anyway like I mentioned, everyone have their own opinion of things and I respect that. So I am not going to continue to derail the topic of this thread, which is the iPad Pro 2018. Looking forward to see its release, though I am very gladly using the iPad Pro 2017.
Yes and Iím also extremely happy with my newly replaced iPad Pro, and Iím also typing on it replying to this message. So yes letís get back to topic before the mods start to give warning.

Itís always good to see people give their honest opinion and for me, Iím always open to such opinions. Iím also looking forward for the release, and itís new home-buttonless design with Face ID!
Old 17-08-2018, 10:02 PM   #200
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes and Iím also extremely happy with my newly replaced iPad Pro, and Iím also typing on it replying to this message. So yes letís get back to topic before the mods start to give warning.

Itís always good to see people give their honest opinion and for me, Iím always open to such opinions. Iím also looking forward for the release, and itís new home-buttonless design with Face ID!
After you mentioned about sending it for servicing because of the issue, I went to buy an extra tempered glass protector.
Old 17-08-2018, 11:55 PM   #201
Arch-Supremacy Member

After you mentioned about sending it for servicing because of the issue, I went to buy an extra tempered glass protector.
But my issue was actually hardware related. I had to purchase another screen protector after the replacement, but itís all worth it
Old 18-08-2018, 01:10 PM   #202
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyway out of curiosity, are there folks here who uses some stylus with the iPad Pro that is not the Apple Pencil please? Does it work reasonably well?

Reason for asking is because I am thinking of getting one, though not the Pencil because I don't think I will use it extensively. It is very clear that my usage is very low because I rarely touch the active pen for my hybrid as well. So don't want to waste money buying an expensive one.
I do and I can tell you that nothing is as good as the Pencil. Not even close, there's a reason why the Pencil is so expensive.

My wife uses a passive stylus and switched to the Pencil after less than 3 weeks.

The experience is just different.
Old 18-08-2018, 04:54 PM   #203
Arch-Supremacy Member

I do and I can tell you that nothing is as good as the Pencil. Not even close, there's a reason why the Pencil is so expensive.

My wife uses a passive stylus and switched to the Pencil after less than 3 weeks.

The experience is just different.
Got it. What do you folks use the pencil for anyway? For me is mainly to take notes. Other than that, may be good for some photo editing software. Therefore, I feel my usage is going to be very low and not sure if it is worth paying 138 bucks for it.
Old 18-08-2018, 07:24 PM   #204
Arch-Supremacy Member

Got it. What do you folks use the pencil for anyway? For me is mainly to take notes. Other than that, may be good for some photo editing software. Therefore, I feel my usage is going to be very low and not sure if it is worth paying 138 bucks for it.
I use it for notes taking mainly on Notability. Other than that, sometimes I use it as a stylus for tapping on small hyperlinks and online forms.

Photo editing I do it on my MBP so yeah, the Pencil's just for all those.
Old 18-08-2018, 08:34 PM   #205
Arch-Supremacy Member

I use it for notes taking mainly on Notability. Other than that, sometimes I use it as a stylus for tapping on small hyperlinks and online forms.

Photo editing I do it on my MBP so yeah, the Pencil's just for all those.
Same.

And some people find it difficult to write using a passive stylus but the Pencil makes it so easy.
Old 18-08-2018, 09:25 PM   #206
Arch-Supremacy Member

Same.

And some people find it difficult to write using a passive stylus but the Pencil makes it so easy.
I find that the iPad Pro and Pencil are made for each other, and I felt that all iPad Pro owners should get one as a tool for optimising the iPad Pro's functionality.
Old 19-08-2018, 12:19 AM   #207

Well the regular ipads now support the pencil....don’t know if thats a good thing anot lol.
manofsorrows is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 01:15 PM   #208

The Apple Pencil stands out if you use for drawing or writing notes.

For normal browsing or navigation, a simple stylus will still give you a reasonably good experience, except when you are trying to click a super small hyperlink. (Benefit is don't need to worry no battery)

This $1 stylus from Challenger serves me well.
radiancez567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 04:17 PM   #209
Supremacy Member

I love the pencil. Just feel it is a bit too long. Shorten it by a few cm will be perfect
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 10:46 PM   #210
Arch-Supremacy Member

The Apple Pencil stands out if you use for drawing or writing notes.

For normal browsing or navigation, a simple stylus will still give you a reasonably good experience, except when you are trying to click a super small hyperlink. (Benefit is don't need to worry no battery)

This $1 stylus from Challenger serves me well.
I bought one with a pointed tip rather than the fat tip. I've seen my insurance agent use this and I don't find it very useful though. First the tip is too fat, so I feel there is not much difference from using my fingers. Secondly, there is too much resistance, almost like use an eraser on the screen.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.