HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2018 iPad Pro

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2018, 11:33 PM   #211

I bought one with a pointed tip rather than the fat tip. I've seen my insurance agent use this and I don't find it very useful though. First the tip is too fat, so I feel there is not much difference from using my fingers. Secondly, there is too much resistance, almost like use an eraser on the screen.
Well.. because of the reach of the stylus, the hand do not have to move as much The resistance will be remarkly noticeable when doing lots of drag-and-drop actions, else just clicking around (not small hyperlinks) it should be fine.
radiancez567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2018, 07:27 PM   #212
Supremacy Member

I will keep a lookout for this. Thanks for the heads up.
mine had the same bright patch at bottom right .. and got it exchanged with a new unit in 3 working days .

Lucky i have apple care so if theres anymore of this problem . will hope it happens before apple care ends.
Guyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2018, 08:28 PM   #213
Supremacy Member

Hello GotBetrayed,

Check with you, I'm considering 10" and 12.9" iPad Pro,

What makes you go for the 12.9" screen ?

sorry for my silly questions
For larger screen due to me switching over from surface pro 4. Really very good for youtube and netflix. Regretted not getting lte version though as it will be portable everywhere. Weight is jusr 667 grams so it is very light for 12.9 screen. Multitasking works better on bigger screen. I had a mini 4 before this and sold the mini 4.

The keyboard feels way better on 12.9 rather than 10.5 for me. 10.5 is way smaller so keyboard doesnít feel like a proper laptop keyboard. I was a student back then so I had to get one that suits my schooling needs

Last edited by GotBetrayed; 23-08-2018 at 08:31 PM..
GotBetrayed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2018, 09:53 PM   #214
Arch-Supremacy Member

mine had the same bright patch at bottom right .. and got it exchanged with a new unit in 3 working days .

Lucky i have apple care so if theres anymore of this problem . will hope it happens before apple care ends.
Mine was almost 3 mths old when that happened. Sent to Apple Store to get a 1-1 exchange. What Iím not very happy about is, the Genius staff told me itís a new set (in white box), but in fact itís refurbished. From my batt life app, itís also 2% worned.

So yeah, a pretty new set for a refurbished one.
Old 23-08-2018, 10:52 PM   #215
Arch-Supremacy Member

Well.. because of the reach of the stylus, the hand do not have to move as much The resistance will be remarkly noticeable when doing lots of drag-and-drop actions, else just clicking around (not small hyperlinks) it should be fine.
Yeah. My agent was asking me to sign with it, and I can clearly feel the resistance and don't feel it is meant for for writing, etc.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2018, 10:55 PM   #216
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hello GotBetrayed,

Check with you, I'm considering 10" and 12.9" iPad Pro,

What makes you go for the 12.9" screen ?

sorry for my silly questions
I feel it is best you go down and try out the 2 iPads before making the decision. Both are good, but it depends on your preference.

I feel the bigger iPad Pro is good when you use it extensively for productivity purpose and multi task a lot. It is not heavy, but I prefer a smaller iPad to bring around for work and travel.
Old 23-08-2018, 10:56 PM   #217
Arch-Supremacy Member

Mine was almost 3 mths old when that happened. Sent to Apple Store to get a 1-1 exchange. What Iím not very happy about is, the Genius staff told me itís a new set (in white box), but in fact itís refurbished. From my batt life app, itís also 2% worned.

So yeah, a pretty new set for a refurbished one.
I do hope it is not a recurring issue though. It is a pain if the same problem resurfaces.
Old 23-08-2018, 11:45 PM   #218
Arch-Supremacy Member

I do hope it is not a recurring issue though. It is a pain if the same problem resurfaces.
If the issue recurs, means it might be a hardware problem with the iPad itself.
Old 24-08-2018, 10:09 AM   #219

Thanks, I'm also looking @ 12.9".. getting it for my work thots..

10.5" looks Ok too.

now considering either 1 of them..
coming from 12.9 user you might need to revisit your option...if you're thinking stationary use then no issue... but if you'd thinking that as complimentary to your existing macbook/laptop then definitely might not be that good idea specially if you want to travel... I find it hard for me to bring along when travelling coz its redundant unless you just want to bring that 12.9 alone and left your laptop at home.

still waiting new model for myself see what sizes best next (no iPad at moment)
rvyne7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 10:30 AM   #220
Supremacy Member

10.5" looks Ok too.

Whats your usage?
Old 24-08-2018, 10:43 AM   #221

coming from 12.9 user you might need to revisit your option...if you're thinking stationary use then no issue... but if you'd thinking that as complimentary to your existing macbook/laptop then definitely might not be that good idea specially if you want to travel... I find it hard for me to bring along when travelling coz its redundant unless you just want to bring that 12.9 alone and left your laptop at home.

still waiting new model for myself see what sizes best next (no iPad at moment)
I have both 10.5 and 12.9. 12.9 is truly perfect for reading, multitasking and drawing with its larger real screen estate. Read, edit, annotate all my pdf docs with it now. Work with office suite or office app the onscreen keyboard suffices for my needs when on the go since i am always using one hand. Perhaps I added an adhesive handstrap that y I donít feel bothered by the weight at all. Can raise and adjust the ipad to optimal eye level with one palm for reading and writing using the other hand. Donít even need a surface to place my ipad. Any further intensive tasks I deemed more difficult to work using ipad will just autoupload to iCloud or OneDrive and work on it after docking it in office as a secondary screen. Nowadays i just casted my 10.5 aside as a desk ornament to flash my notifications or news.
aspiretan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 10:49 AM   #222

I have both 10.5 and 12.9. 12.9 is truly perfect for reading, multitasking and drawing with its larger real screen estate. Read, edit, annotate all my pdf docs with it now. Work with office suite or office app the onscreen keyboard suffices for my needs when on the go since i am always using one hand. Perhaps I added an adhesive handstrap that y I don’t feel bothered by the weight at all. Can raise and adjust the ipad to optimal eye level with one palm for reading and writing using the other hand. Don’t even need a surface to place my ipad. Any further intensive tasks I deemed more difficult to work using ipad will just autoupload to iCloud or OneDrive and work on it after docking it in office as a secondary screen. Nowadays i just casted my 10.5 aside as a desk ornament to flash my notifications or news.
My main usage of that 12.9 was mainly streaming netflix (I ditch my monitor and all) but find its too small for that purpose, while also wanting dual-purpose like reading manga is too big and traveling I prefer light so I can only bring either my MBP or iPad Pro but for emergency at work end up always bringing my MBP as primary choice...

Unlike mini/ regular 9" size iPad too its hard for me to use while lying in the bed just not convenient coz of its size. (normally reading manga and news)

Maybe just my personal preference or too use of my old iPad Mini.
Old 24-08-2018, 11:10 AM   #223

My main usage of that 12.9 was mainly streaming netflix (I ditch my monitor and all) but find its too small for that purpose, while also wanting dual-purpose like reading manga is too big and traveling I prefer light so I can only bring either my MBP or iPad Pro but for emergency at work end up always bringing my MBP as primary choice...

Unlike mini/ regular 9" size iPad too its hard for me to use while lying in the bed just not convenient coz of its size. (normally reading manga and news)

Maybe just my personal preference or too use of my old iPad Mini.
https://www.dhgate.com/product/tfy-p...RoC-tcQAvD_BwE

Get a slim case with handstrap like this, make the iPad more wieldy n ur hand wont interfere with the screen or bezel if u r watching shows on bed
rvyne7 likes this.
aspiretan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 11:38 AM   #224

https://www.dhgate.com/product/tfy-p...RoC-tcQAvD_BwE

Get a slim case with handstrap like this, make the iPad more wieldy n ur hand wont interfere with the screen or bezel if u r watching shows on bed
never tried similar type of product yet but not sure how comfy of 12" size iPad can be.. anyways like I said it maybe just personal preference.
Old 24-08-2018, 10:08 PM   #225
Supremacy Member

10.5" looks Ok too.

2-3 more weeks should have new model. Would suggest you wait
GotBetrayed is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.