HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2018 iPad Pro

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2018, 09:16 PM   #16
Supremacy Member

Just received email from apple advertising their current iPad pro. Either trying to clear stock or no new iPad..

Sent from Pixelated Boy using GAGT
jonnieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 09:54 PM   #17
Supremacy Member

Got special price?
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 11:14 PM   #18
Supremacy Member

Got special price?
Nope. Usual price

jonnieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 11:17 PM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

Apple’s standard, there wouldn’t be any new price revision until a new model is out.
Old 23-05-2018, 09:02 PM   #20
Supremacy Member

Nope. Usual price

Then how can we say they are clearing stocks. On and off companies advertise. Anxiously waiting for 1-2 weeks
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2018, 10:13 PM   #21

I think it is when the supplies are low, but then again, they may keep producing them and market them as a ‘lower cost’ iPad when a new one comes out.

I’m not sure if the same rules will apply in Singapore as I have heard that in some countries and regions, since it’s about 2 weeks to WWDC, you can buy it now, then within 2 weeks or 14 days, ‘return’ the iPad and then ‘upgrade’ to the newer one, when it comes out.

At the same time, not sure if there’s any packaging and admin fee incurred - and of course, it must be bought from Apple directly.
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2018, 09:44 AM   #22

I think it is when the supplies are low, but then again, they may keep producing them and market them as a ‘lower cost’ iPad when a new one comes out.

I’m not sure if the same rules will apply in Singapore as I have heard that in some countries and regions, since it’s about 2 weeks to WWDC, you can buy it now, then within 2 weeks or 14 days, ‘return’ the iPad and then ‘upgrade’ to the newer one, when it comes out.

At the same time, not sure if there’s any packaging and admin fee incurred - and of course, it must be bought from Apple directly.

you can also do that here in SG if you buy it straight in their orchard outlet... but must pay some penalty when returning it for restocking whatever you may have when returning it so long as its still at very good condition
rvyne7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 01:25 AM   #23
Supremacy Member

Is it worth for the freebies now at the IT show? What screen protector, stand etc
endlssorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 03:53 AM   #24
Supremacy Member

Is it worth for the freebies now at the IT show? What screen protector, stand etc
All not worth. No need screen protector. Just keyboard
Old 26-05-2018, 05:10 AM   #25
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes keyboard is a must, but I didn't get the smart keyboard.
Old 26-05-2018, 12:02 PM   #26
Supremacy Member

Yes keyboard is a must, but I didn't get the smart keyboard.
Smart Keyboard is light and easily detachable. Anyway for new ipad:.: later no launch despite all the hype..... lol
GotBetrayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 01:36 PM   #27
Arch-Supremacy Member

Smart Keyboard is light and easily detachable. Anyway for new ipad:.: later no launch despite all the hype..... lol
I got myself the Logitech Slim Combo keyboard case. The keyboard is also easily detachable and runs via the smart connector also, and the backlit keyboard is a plus. The keyboard is also very light.

Hard to say whether will launch. Even if it doesn't announce during the WWDC, it will ultimately be out during the September/October Keynote for the new iPhones/Apple Watch Series 4.
Old 26-05-2018, 06:15 PM   #28
Supremacy Member

I got myself the Logitech Slim Combo keyboard case. The keyboard is also easily detachable and runs via the smart connector also, and the backlit keyboard is a plus. The keyboard is also very light.

Hard to say whether will launch. Even if it doesn't announce during the WWDC, it will ultimately be out during the September/October Keynote for the new iPhones/Apple Watch Series 4.
Lol software is more important. Hardware more or less the current gen pros can handle quite well. Need better features... especially opening a few excel and word documents. Editing and stuff
Old 26-05-2018, 07:17 PM   #29
Arch-Supremacy Member

Lol software is more important. Hardware more or less the current gen pros can handle quite well. Need better features... especially opening a few excel and word documents. Editing and stuff
The current Pros are speed demons. Software wise, current 11.3.1 is still buggy and since 11.3, it has corrupted my X's default camera app! (keeps freezing and sometimes will cause reboots)

Hopefully 11.4 will be much improved.
Old 26-05-2018, 08:26 PM   #30
Supremacy Member

The current Pros are speed demons. Software wise, current 11.3.1 is still buggy and since 11.3, it has corrupted my X's default camera app! (keeps freezing and sometimes will cause reboots)

Hopefully 11.4 will be much improved.
Yeah. I hope to see mouse support too..: so can play pubg or some steam games... also hope to have PS4 remote play compatibility. Maybe Sony can work with Apple ... allow controller support lol.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.