2018 iPad Pro

Kevinmorby

Reaction score
same boat... I was waiting for iPad Mini (didn't expect much of it) but I was expecting iPad Pro refresh but nothing was announce last night =(

suggest go for the pro 10.5 because its easier top carry around, and the speed is super fast

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
agreed. I was using the iPad air 2 and then jumped onto the iPad Pro 10.5

its heaven and earth. the 10.5 is solid rocking machine.

In fact both the 12.9” and 10.5” should be equally fast as same specs, only one is in a larger body. But I felt the 10.5” one is of a better size, not too small and also not too big.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just now actually was checking on/off iPad Pro 10.5" + WIFI/Cellular at carousell.. 880SGD :p still cant decide if wait or not after months of waiting another 3 months maybe? or too much of waiting?

Mine's 64GB wifi at $968 and it's enough for me. To get it or not is up to you, but I'm enjoying mine to the max! :D

nicepal

Reaction score
Ok just got my 10.5! Tahan until next iPad launch..

Congratulation. Enjoy your time spending with your new “baby”... ;)

just now actually was checking on/off iPad Pro 10.5" + WIFI/Cellular at carousell.. 880SGD :p still cant decide if wait or not after months of waiting another 3 months maybe? or too much of waiting?

It all depends what you buy it to use for, leisure or ???
Because Apple tends to revamp their devices every 2 years. Or after a year a new chip on their device and the next year a new version. Since ipad pro 10.5 came out last year, I doubt there will be a new 10.5 this year. Maybe a new iPad pro 12.7. I think their intention maybe keeping the pro version to 10.5 and 12.7. Leaving the normal version at 9.7.

Well, only time will tell, and ard sept~oct will know more when they have the next apple event.

rvyne7

Reaction score
Well, only time will tell, and ard sept~oct will know more when they have the next apple event.

I wasn't expecting of new feature though but it always nice to see some bump/upgraded processor... maybe some fancy additions like new colors/space?

but I guess doesn't really concern me much coz I'm using it for streaming netflix, vlc - movies,music and manga only not into mobile gaming lol

nicepal

Reaction score
yep..maybe there may have a bump up on the processor if there is a new one this year.

Though a larger screen of iPad is nice. wanted to "output" netflix to bigger screen but seems not possible as it gets error. but YouTube is okay.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A new processor is definite, most likely would be the A11X. RAM would also be bumped up.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually I feel this year no more iPad Pro release. Apple may do bi annual refresh because the current gen is really too imba

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually I feel this year no more iPad Pro release. Apple may do bi annual refresh because the current gen is really too imba

I still feel will launch on 4th quarter this year. Usually the main hardware are announced during that period.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean sept? iPhone launch leh very hard. However I hope they will launch mini pro...

Yes they might, or after that.

Unless it goes into a production issue which delays the launch, there's no reason why there won't have a 2018 iPad Pro.

I also longed for a mini pro but by the looks of it (mini 4 not updated since 2015 and only bumped up to 128GB last year), a mini pro may not come to fruition. This year might be the mini 4's final year if still not updates. So I got tired of waiting and bought the 10.5" Pro, but still using my mini 4 for small stuffs.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes they might, or after that.

Unless it goes into a production issue which delays the launch, there's no reason why there won't have a 2018 iPad Pro.

I also longed for a mini pro but by the looks of it (mini 4 not updated since 2015 and only bumped up to 128GB last year), a mini pro may not come to fruition. This year might be the mini 4's final year if still not updates. So I got tired of waiting and bought the 10.5" Pro, but still using my mini 4 for small stuffs.

Confirm will have spec bump somewhere in the future one lol. How hard is it to replace processor Sia?? Lol.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Confirm will have spec bump somewhere in the future one lol. How hard is it to replace processor Sia?? Lol.

Only Apple will know and decide if the mini 4 gets a new lease of life. If they really wanted to upgrade the mini 4, they would’ve done two years back.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only Apple will know and decide if the mini 4 gets a new lease of life. If they really wanted to upgrade the mini 4, they would’ve done two years back.

Yeah 2015 till now no update.... quite a number of people like mini too

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah 2015 till now no update.... quite a number of people like mini too

I’m one of them. I’ve been sticking to my mini 4 like glue since launch as it’s extremely portable and very light. Over these 3 years it has served me very well but some games are a little sluggish on the mini and that’s what prompted me to upgrade.

The mini 4 now can be used for like, an e-book reader. :)

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m one of them. I’ve been sticking to my mini 4 like glue since launch as it’s extremely portable and very light. Over these 3 years it has served me very well but some games are a little sluggish on the mini and that’s what prompted me to upgrade.

The mini 4 now can be used for like, an e-book reader. :)

I sold my mini 4 lol. Cannot be used for latest games Too laggy, but I love the size. Just need spec bump

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.