HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2018 iPad Pro

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2018, 12:34 AM   #721
Master Member

Out of stock. Ordering online from them is 19th Nov earliest, or 26th Nov store pickup.
Check daily since they replenish stock daily.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:36 AM   #722
Master Member

Anyone has knowledge of whether I can plug a USB-C 3.5mm audio adapter to the USB-C Multiport VGA adapter? I am trying to get the 2 adapters to have the ipad able to project to a lecture with sound (now that 3.5mm port is gone).
I strongly believe it should work since it is an Apple branded adapter and the USB-C port on the adapter supports data pass-through . Buy it and try. If they don’t work, you can always return them.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:51 AM   #723

Am I the only one who prefers the feel of the iPad Pro 10.5 to the new iPad Pro 11 in the hands? Odd...
Yea, if u r the type who uses ur ipad naked without any case. The chamfered edge of the 10.5 definitely feels more comfortable on the hand.
joshwong11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:22 AM   #724

Out of stock. Ordering online from them is 19th Nov earliest, or 26th Nov store pickup.
I check the Apple store app in my phone this morning and when I put the iPad in my cart, store collection is today.
icheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:52 AM   #725

But the old iPad Pro looks just like all the iPad leh. At least the new one looks different.

Yea, if u r the type who uses ur ipad naked without any case. The chamfered edge of the 10.5 definitely feels more comfortable on the hand.
luckygal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:56 AM   #726

I check the Apple store app in my phone this morning and when I put the iPad in my cart, store collection is today.
Was checking since 6am this morning. Must have missed the boat again...
psx_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:00 AM   #727

I have every generation of ipad using with only Smart Cover.

I thought the 10.5 is by far the most durable. It has survived close to 6 drops.

Previous gen will die in 2-3 drops. Either screen shatter or button stuck.
wind30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:38 AM   #728
Master Member

Anyone having issue unlocking their devices with Face ID?

I find that my devices doesn’t unlock as readily as my iPhone; most of the time it misses and indicates that my camera is covered.

Now, I reset my Face ID and the device refuses to let me proceed setting up. When I’m at the set up page, it keeps saying Face ID not available, try again later.
dreamer_toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:42 AM   #729
Master Member

I find that my devices doesnít unlock as readily as my iPhone; most of the time it misses and indicates that my camera is covered.

Now, I reset my Face ID and the device refuses to let me proceed setting up. When Iím at the set up page, it keeps saying Face ID not available, try again later.
no problem here man. in fact i find the ipad unlocks better in awkward positions

e.g im lying down and the ipad is on my chest and my face looks like a blob and it still unlocks
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:44 AM   #730
Master Member

no problem here man. in fact i find the ipad unlocks better in awkward positions

e.g im lying down and the ipad is on my chest and my face looks like a blob and it still unlocks
Any screen protector on?
Old 09-11-2018, 09:52 AM   #731
Master Member

Any screen protector on?
nope. dont use screen protector on my tablet. the apple smart folio is good enough
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:52 AM   #732
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone feel that this 2018 ipad design is similar to ipad very first gen?
yup agree.. it feels like the perfect version of the design of the 1st ipad

maybe jony ives did the same

he also said iphone x is like the perfect version of the original iphone
plainsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:06 AM   #733
Supremacy Member

I find that my devices doesn’t unlock as readily as my iPhone; most of the time it misses and indicates that my camera is covered.

Now, I reset my Face ID and the device refuses to let me proceed setting up. When I’m at the set up page, it keeps saying Face ID not available, try again later.
Lol.. I had similar issue.. then I realised I must look at the camera and not look at the screen. Then Face ID will work flawlessly!
PS; I even had tg on.
tohchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:24 AM   #734
Master Member

Lol.. I had similar issue.. then I realised I must look at the camera and not look at the screen. Then Face ID will work flawlessly!
PS; I even had tg on.
Tried many times setting, in various angles, looks squarely onto the screen/camera but canít work.

Decided to remove my TG and now, my Face ID works flawlessly.

Can share where you get your TG and brand, PM if not convenient. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:42 AM   #735
Supremacy Member

Tried many times setting, in various angles, looks squarely onto the screen/camera but canít work.

Decided to remove my TG and now, my Face ID works flawlessly.

Can share where you get your TG and brand, PM if not convenient. Thanks.
Got it from Burlington sq. Forgot the shop name but the price not worth it. I got no choice cos Iím in a rush so I got it from that shop at 49 bucks. Anyway, thatís the last piece also. Wait for mobile hardware at Burlington to bring it in. They told me its coming in soon when I ask them during the launch day. Then no choice I ask the shop beside mobile hardware, they got the last piece.
tohchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.