HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2018 iPad Pro

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2018, 09:30 AM   #91

I am using the 10.5” ipad pro and am very happy w it.....cant wait for ios 12 officially. as for the surface pro i am happy with it as its just a secondary backup device. just not happy about the tech support i got. Never another microsoft hardware again. Shall stick to my macs.

I have used the latest surface pro. Although I am happy with surface pro, I am concern about the reliability. I have used my unit for 9 months and I have received replacement unit for both tablet and keyboard. I am not sure whether it can last 3 years.

As Apple is due to refresh iPad Pro, you can get an iPad Pro 10.5” 256gb LTE at $1100-1200. Seems like a pretty good deal. Should be able to last for a few more years
manofsorrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:29 PM   #92
Master Member

I am using the 10.5” ipad pro and am very happy w it.....cant wait for ios 12 officially. as for the surface pro i am happy with it as its just a secondary backup device. just not happy about the tech support i got. Never another microsoft hardware again. Shall stick to my macs.
precisely.....thats why i've sold all my windows devices and older apple devices in anticipation for the upgrades and refreshes. using them for new work.

i've used the dell XPS and all but just doesnt offer the same premium experience.
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:05 PM   #93
Arch-Supremacy Member

And to add on, Microsoft support for their hardware is horrendous. Heaven and hell apart from Apple or even 3rd party brands, ie asus, dell etc.... Their support is just unreal.
Even software support is quite bad already which I've experienced during my Windows days.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:36 PM   #94
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have used the latest surface pro. Although I am happy with surface pro, I am concern about the reliability. I have used my unit for 9 months and I have received replacement unit for both tablet and keyboard. I am not sure whether it can last 3 years.

As Apple is due to refresh iPad Pro, you can get an iPad Pro 10.5Ē 256gb LTE at $1100-1200. Seems like a pretty good deal. Should be able to last for a few more years
And to add on, Microsoft support for their hardware is horrendous. Heaven and hell apart from Apple or even 3rd party brands, ie asus, dell etc.... Their support is just unreal.
I've heard too many issues with MS products and have been advising people to steer clear of it for a few years now. And mind you these issues are serious issues, i.e. very poor battery life, screen issues, etc. For a premium price they charge, it is a red flag for me. I won't even consider they after sales service when they can't even convince me to try their products. Also, the warranty is also very short and I think no way to extend it unless you buy from the likes of Harvey Norman with 3rd party warranty. Currently I am using a Lenovo Miix 720 that is more than 1 year old now. Only ran into keyboard issues recently, but at least the main unit still works fine.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:57 AM   #95

Yes i agree with you. I regretted big time buying MS products.

I've heard too many issues with MS products and have been advising people to steer clear of it for a few years now. And mind you these issues are serious issues, i.e. very poor battery life, screen issues, etc. For a premium price they charge, it is a red flag for me. I won't even consider they after sales service when they can't even convince me to try their products. Also, the warranty is also very short and I think no way to extend it unless you buy from the likes of Harvey Norman with 3rd party warranty. Currently I am using a Lenovo Miix 720 that is more than 1 year old now. Only ran into keyboard issues recently, but at least the main unit still works fine.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:06 PM   #96
Arch-Supremacy Member

Even software support is quite bad already which I've experienced during my Windows days.
I feel the OS is becoming more and more clunky. If you try and use a PC where the OS is installed on a mechanical drive, everything takes a very long time to load. Never feel this way when I was using Win 7 or 8.1.

I guess once my laptop kaputs, I will be switching fully back to an iPad Pro as well.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:37 PM   #97

The only ipad worth buying is iPad Pro. Speaking from someone who has quite a number of other ipads and tablets.
Fizzical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 09:43 PM   #98

I agree...... regretted not getting the 9.7pro back then.

The only ipad worth buying is iPad Pro. Speaking from someone who has quite a number of other ipads and tablets.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:26 PM   #99
Arch-Supremacy Member

I feel the OS is becoming more and more clunky. If you try and use a PC where the OS is installed on a mechanical drive, everything takes a very long time to load. Never feel this way when I was using Win 7 or 8.1.

I guess once my laptop kaputs, I will be switching fully back to an iPad Pro as well.
Iíve given up on windows and moved to mac since 2010 and never looked back. Now even my MBPís on SSD so HDDs are a thing of the past.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:32 PM   #100
Arch-Supremacy Member

I agree...... regretted not getting the 9.7pro back then.
My very first iPad was the mini and I absolutely loved its portability, hence mini 2 and then mini 4. Up to only recently I decided to upgrade as the mini 4ís getting slower and lagging when I played some games. Hence I upgraded to the 10.5Ē Pro and itís miles ahead of the mini 4.

I still have my mini 4 but maybe reserving it for light tasks.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:23 PM   #101
Supremacy Member

iPad 10.5 really shiok. Why canít they put Mac OS inside?
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 11:39 PM   #102
Arch-Supremacy Member

Itís an iPad, not a Macbook.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:56 PM   #103
Arch-Supremacy Member

I don't think it is impossible since their SOCs are already starting to catch up with Intel's. In fact with the new features added in iOS 11 and the upcoming iOS 12, the line is starting to get blurry since Apple is also starting to introduce features in MacOS to iOS.

Having said that, MacOS is likely more taxing on the hardware and likely may result in a faster batter drain. iOS is lighter since it is anyway built with the intention for mobile use, i.e. iPhone and iPad.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:59 PM   #104
Arch-Supremacy Member

My very first iPad was the mini and I absolutely loved its portability, hence mini 2 and then mini 4. Up to only recently I decided to upgrade as the mini 4’s getting slower and lagging when I played some games. Hence I upgraded to the 10.5” Pro and it’s miles ahead of the mini 4.

I still have my mini 4 but maybe reserving it for light tasks.
There are many reasons for the slowdown. The SOC in Mini 4 is quite old, i.e. A8, and gaming on it is also hampered by the limited amount of memory. With the recent security issue with modern processors, Apple's SOCs are also not exempted. The resulting patch takes quite a big toll on performance for the older SOCs. At least Apple mentioned that they did not throttle the SOC on the iPads, I do hope not.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:28 PM   #105
Arch-Supremacy Member

There are many reasons for the slowdown. The SOC in Mini 4 is quite old, i.e. A8, and gaming on it is also hampered by the limited amount of memory. With the recent security issue with modern processors, Apple's SOCs are also not exempted. The resulting patch takes quite a big toll on performance for the older SOCs. At least Apple mentioned that they did not throttle the SOC on the iPads, I do hope not.
Despite being quite slow, the A8 is still very usable. From the A10 onwards, Apple has been giving the SOC names such as Fusion and Bionic. Supposedly these names mean something, as in more advanced features and specs compared to the regular A9 and below, the A10 and A11 could both be excelling in performance by a huge margin compared to their predecessors.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.