HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2018 iPad Pro

Like Tree69Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2018, 09:29 PM   #1186
Master Member

Bought casing for iPad Pro 11. Fm Q10. Bought extra tempered glass protector as I thought the previous order was lost as took such a long time. My nephew v happy that it fits well and pencil can be charged too.

luckygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2018, 01:31 AM   #1187
Arch-Supremacy Member

design flaw on the flap with Apple Pencil connected
The pencil put on top cover the speaker
not good
Glariel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2018, 01:01 PM   #1188

Got the otter casing... can pick up in store today
Old 21-11-2018, 03:33 PM   #1189
Supremacy Member

Share some photos front and back if you can!
Old 21-11-2018, 03:33 PM   #1190
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is the weight manageable? Feels like it's adding quite a bit of bulk
dr34mc4st3r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2018, 04:44 PM   #1191

Just collected Otterbox case from Apple Orchard. Pencil 2 back in stock as well
digiMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2018, 06:42 PM   #1192

Pls share personal reviews of d Otter case, with and without the Pencil.. the weight, quality, texture, etc. Thanks!
Old 22-11-2018, 12:06 AM   #1193

Did up a quick video review of this here (edited on the iPad Pro):

Some other points:

1. Very nicely designed and built. Otterbox quality.

2. Cutouts for USB-C, speakers, mics, camera/flash and Pencil are perfectly aligned with the iPad Pro. The USB-C cutout is surprisingly wide, I managed to push in my Nintendo Switch USB-C cable in to charge.

3. Outside front cover is some sort of soft plastic material with a leather grain texture. Inside material is microfibre but the fabric is not thick/plush as Apple's standard, hopefully this means less dirt gets picked up. Though this also means the screen is not going to be "cleaned" by the front cover.

4. Front cover magnets are quite strong. It's so secure that it's easier to open the front cover if you remove the pencil first (explained in my video).

5. The flap can be tucked back and attached to the front cover with the magnets, in reverse.

6. Can feel heavy with everything on, since the case is 290g+ which is about 60% the weight of the iPad Pro (~468g). I still think it's ok for one-handed use, this would be up to individual.

7. The case is surprisingly easier to remove than to install. But of course can't compare to Smart Folio's magnetic system.

Any other questions feel free to ask.
digiMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2018, 12:50 AM   #1194
Supremacy Member

Some other points:

2. Cutouts for USB-C, speakers, mics, camera/flash and Pencil are perfectly aligned with the iPad Pro. The USB-C cutout is surprisingly wide, I managed to push in my Nintendo Switch USB-C cable in to charge.

3. Outside front cover is some sort of soft plastic material with a leather grain texture. Inside material is microfibre but the fabric is not thick/plush as Apple's standard, hopefully this means less dirt gets picked up. Though this also means the screen is not going to be "cleaned" by the front cover.

4. Front cover magnets are quite strong. It's so secure that it's easier to open the front cover if you remove the pencil first (explained in my video).

5. The flap can be tucked back and attached to the front cover with the magnets, in reverse.

6. Can feel heavy with everything on, since the case is 290g+ which is about 60% the weight of the iPad Pro (~468g). I still think it's ok for one-handed use, this would be up to individual.

7. The case is surprisingly easier to remove than to install. But of course can't compare to Smart Folio's magnetic system.

Nice video review bro.

Able to show a photo on point 5?
Old 22-11-2018, 12:58 AM   #1195
Arch-Supremacy Member

Some other points:

Don't like the behind plastic
too many scratches
Glariel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2018, 09:34 PM   #1196
Master Member

Some other points:

I just got the case as well. Added a fair amount of bulk and weight to my iPad, but after seeing the bending video by Jerryrig on YouTube, I thought a little added protection might be a worthwhile tradeoff. Especially when the Apple cases donít offer any protection for the corners, and they really arenít any cheaper.
Old 22-11-2018, 10:01 PM   #1197
Supremacy Member

I just got the case as well. Added a fair amount of bulk and weight to my iPad, but after seeing the bending video by Jerryrig on YouTube, I thought a little added protection might be a worthwhile tradeoff. Especially when the Apple cases don’t offer any protection for the corners, and they really aren’t any cheaper.
Are you able to show a photo when the front flap is folded behind along with the pencil flap?
Old 22-11-2018, 11:08 PM   #1198
Master Member

I got iPad Pro 12.9" Space Grey 256GB wifi + 4G
Otterbox case 360 case, forgotten about the disadvantage of the backing, as I got the Otterbox case for my iPhone XS the back really easy to get scratches. But it hold the Apple Pencil very well.

Last edited by canbedone; 22-11-2018 at 11:14 PM..
canbedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2018, 11:47 PM   #1199

I got iPad Pro 12.9" Space Grey 256GB wifi + 4G
Otterbox case 360 case, forgotten about the disadvantage of the backing, as I got the Otterbox case for my iPhone XS the back really easy to get scratches. But it hold the Apple Pencil very well.

Thanks for sharing the pictures on the Otterbox case 360. Do you think they will release other colours in the near future?
icheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2018, 11:51 PM   #1200
Master Member

Thanks for sharing the pictures on the Otterbox case 360. Do you think they will release other colours in the near future?
They might as their case for iPhone XS comes in many colours. But still depends on market demand, as only Apple Store selling them
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.