HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2018 iPad Pro

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2018, 12:01 PM   #1246

Anybody know where to purchase iPad Pro at education price? Apple store took too long to process the order...

And have anyone purchased through Apple Store before? Is the estimated date accurate? Is that the date where you will received the item tentatively?

Ordered and opt for self-collection yesterday (25 Nov)

Everything completed on the same day.

When Apple staff checked the ID at the store, they just want to confirm that the person who purchased is the same person collecting.

They won't check whether you are a student or not...

This is based on my personal experience

Last edited by metavolta; 26-11-2018 at 02:07 PM..
metavolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2018, 01:52 PM   #1247

When Apple staff checked the ID at the store, they just want to confirm that the person who purchased is the same person collecting.
Just note that Apple conducts random audits (especially those that always buy a lot under Edu pricing) on eligibility:

Education customers audit rights
Apple routinely audits the purchases of customers at the Apple Store for Education to insure that only eligible purchases have ordered and that all purchase conditions have been observed. Should an audit disclose after delivery (or should Apple otherwise discover) that you were not an eligible purchaser at the time you placed your order or that you have not observed all of the conditions applicable to your purchase, you authorize Apple:

- If you placed your order by credit card, to charge to your credit card the difference between the amount you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, in effect on the date that you placed your order; and

- If you paid by a means other than credit card, to (a) invoice you for the difference between the amount that you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, payable in fifteen days from the date of the invoice, and (b), should you fail to pay the invoice when due, institute legal action against you in a court of competent jurisdiction, with the prevailing party entitled to attorneys' fees.

- Should Apple not offer to the general public the specific products that you purchased at the Apple Store for education, your credit card will be charged or you will be invoiced the difference between the amount you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the closest equivalent goods at the Apple Store, in effect on the date that you placed your order.
digiMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2018, 02:05 PM   #1248

Just note that Apple conducts random audits (especially those that always buy a lot under Edu pricing) on eligibility:

Education customers audit rights
Apple routinely audits the purchases of customers at the Apple Store for Education to insure that only eligible purchases have ordered and that all purchase conditions have been observed. Should an audit disclose after delivery (or should Apple otherwise discover) that you were not an eligible purchaser at the time you placed your order or that you have not observed all of the conditions applicable to your purchase, you authorize Apple:

- If you placed your order by credit card, to charge to your credit card the difference between the amount you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, in effect on the date that you placed your order; and

- If you paid by a means other than credit card, to (a) invoice you for the difference between the amount that you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, payable in fifteen days from the date of the invoice, and (b), should you fail to pay the invoice when due, institute legal action against you in a court of competent jurisdiction, with the prevailing party entitled to attorneys' fees.

- Should Apple not offer to the general public the specific products that you purchased at the Apple Store for education, your credit card will be charged or you will be invoiced the difference between the amount you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the closest equivalent goods at the Apple Store, in effect on the date that you placed your order.

Thanks for highlighting to the fine print...

In the event, if this happens, then I will have to face the music and pay up for the price differences.

Last edited by metavolta; 26-11-2018 at 05:53 PM..
metavolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2018, 06:26 PM   #1249
Arch-Supremacy Member

Harvey Norman westmall got 11 inch keyboard folio couple of sets left
metavolta likes this.
melankholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2018, 06:45 PM   #1250

How many of you here actually have the Apple Pencil together with the iPad Pro? Currently only have the iPP and have been thinking if the pencil is worth the value.
Old 26-11-2018, 07:05 PM   #1251

How many of you here actually have the Apple Pencil together with the iPad Pro? Currently only have the iPP and have been thinking if the pencil is worth the value.
I have gotten the Apple Pencil together with the iPad Pro. Especially when you need to take down/annotate notes during meetings, or lectures.

Or sometimes you can use it as almost like a mouse pointer too. And I feel that it’s kinda complete for the iPad Pro (and the 2018 iPad 9.7 inch as well).

So it comes down to whether do you take or write notes quite a bit.
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2018, 07:41 PM   #1252

Both I have. Happened to get it within 1 day.

Danzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2018, 07:45 PM   #1253

Is there any price difference between education price & normal price for ipad pro 11'?
thatswhy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2018, 09:45 PM   #1254
Master Member

Got them both together. The Apple care will cover both the iPad and pencil that way

Useful for annotating on PDF, signing documents and sometimes I do draw on procreate
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2018, 11:06 PM   #1255
Master Member

Is there any price difference between education price & normal price for ipad pro 11'?
$75 off for education discount (regardless of iPad model). $10 off Apple Pencil. No discount for Smart Keyboard.
Old 27-11-2018, 08:05 AM   #1256

Purchased yesterday via Apple store and opted for self collection at Apple store today. Finally a new iPad for myself. My last iPad was the mini 4th generation. Hope this will be a worthwhile purchase!

Sent from The Panda's Lair using GAGT
laughingPANDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 11:29 AM   #1257
Arch-Supremacy Member

Purchased yesterday via Apple store and opted for self collection at Apple store today. Finally a new iPad for myself. My last iPad was the mini 4th generation. Hope this will be a worthwhile purchase!

I was using a mini all these years since first gen (except mini 3) and only in May this year bought a 10.5" Pro to replace it and it's really worth it. The latest Pro should be even more worth!
Old 27-11-2018, 12:33 PM   #1258

I was using a mini all these years since first gen (except mini 3) and only in May this year bought a 10.5" Pro to replace it and it's really worth it. The latest Pro should be even more worth!
Hahah I started out with iPad 2. Subsequently moved to iPad Air then had the first and fourth gen mini. Use of iPad diminished throughout the years but I really can't resist the redesign and sleek looking model for this year! HAHA.

Old 27-11-2018, 12:57 PM   #1259
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hahah I started out with iPad 2. Subsequently moved to iPad Air then had the first and fourth gen mini. Use of iPad diminished throughout the years but I really can't resist the redesign and sleek looking model for this year! HAHA.

Yes and I'd also say go for it. If I've not gotten the 10.5" Pro I'll definitely go for the 11" Pro now. But very happy with mine now and the new one is even better!
Old 27-11-2018, 01:50 PM   #1260

Yes and I'd also say go for it. If I've not gotten the 10.5" Pro I'll definitely go for the 11" Pro now. But very happy with mine now and the new one is even better!
Hahah one good thing is Apple devices especially iPad can last for quite awhile. My 4th gen iPad which has since been passed to my wife was bought in 2015 and still going strong although it is obvious that the screen quality and the speed are not as before but still I think it's gonna last another 2-3 years before something happens haha.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.