HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2018 iPad Pro

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2018, 02:25 PM   #1261
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually is attaching the apple pencil to the side of the iPad now the only way to charge it? The older generation at least can buy dock
melankholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 02:57 PM   #1262

thanks for the info, just bought one from them... they still have 2-3 units...

Harvey Norman westmall got 11 inch keyboard folio couple of sets left
melankholy likes this.
dlubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 03:13 PM   #1263

Harvey Norman westmall got 11 inch keyboard folio couple of sets left
Any idea which location is selling 12.9 inch keyboard?
metavolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 04:50 PM   #1264
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any idea which location is selling 12.9 inch keyboard?
Not too sure cause i only saw the 11 inch at westmall. IMM has a couple of apple resellers (best denki, challenger) maybe can try there. More ulu areas like the west tend to not have apple fanatics
Old 27-11-2018, 05:19 PM   #1265

Not too sure cause i only saw the 11 inch at westmall. IMM has a couple of apple resellers (best denki, challenger) maybe can try there. More ulu areas like the west tend to not have apple fanatics

Hahaha, I was at iStudio PS outlet which has the last 2 Keyboards left.

Unfortunately, the customer before me has purchased everything.
Old 27-11-2018, 05:53 PM   #1266
Master Member

1) anyone know if Apple got sell iPad pro 11" tampered glass protector and help paste? Would the glass protector affect the pencil writing sensitivity?

2) otter casing look good with pencil protection. But there is no good casing for keyboard + pencil right?
sillyb0y is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 06:32 PM   #1267

Hahaha, I was at iStudio PS outlet which has the last 2 Keyboards left.

Unfortunately, the customer before me has purchased everything.
Hahah seems like this keyboard folios are hotcakes! I got no use for the keyboard so I purchased the normal smart folio haha.

Sent from The Panda's Lair using GAGT
laughingPANDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 06:55 PM   #1268
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hahah one good thing is Apple devices especially iPad can last for quite awhile. My 4th gen iPad which has since been passed to my wife was bought in 2015 and still going strong although it is obvious that the screen quality and the speed are not as before but still I think it's gonna last another 2-3 years before something happens haha.

True, my mini 4 bought when it was just launched back in 2015 is still going strong too. But I've a colleague who used a first gen 12.9" Pro a few mths back his device started to give him problem, as in auto shutting down whenever the batt reaches 40%. He tried everything such as resetting and restoring to no avail, so he thought maybe batt issue and brought down to Apple Store to get it checked and found it was logic board issue.

So in the end, he bought the 11" Pro.
Old 27-11-2018, 06:59 PM   #1269
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually is attaching the apple pencil to the side of the iPad now the only way to charge it? The older generation at least can buy dock
So far yes, and it's more convenient to use the Pencil now, just pull it out and write straight away just like Note 9's S-Pen. My first gen one always need plug in to pair then can write, leave it connected and batt gradually drains off, then need to plug in to charge again. Though charging is very fast, but process a bit inconvenient.
Old 27-11-2018, 07:14 PM   #1270

went to HK Apple store and was told we can get the apple stuff there and still get warranty from world wide apple store as long as the device do not have a cellular function. I saw the ipad pro 12.9 256gb wifi is selling around SGD$1560 in HK compare to Singapore SGD$1719. If u happen to go HK for tour can consider buying there instead as there are more Apple Store there compare to Singapore one store only.
metavolta likes this.
toshiro_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 07:19 PM   #1271
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hahah seems like this keyboard folios are hotcakes! I got no use for the keyboard so I purchased the normal smart folio haha.

Yes I noticed that too, but seems like the new keyboard folio's keyboard is still not backlit? I have a Logitech Slim Combo for my 10.5" Pro and I love using it. Having a keyboard is really very convenient and I use it every day.
metavolta likes this.
Old 27-11-2018, 07:38 PM   #1272
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes I noticed that too, but seems like the new keyboard folio's keyboard is still not backlit? I have a Logitech Slim Combo for my 10.5" Pro and I love using it. Having a keyboard is really very convenient and I use it every day.
Apple charges an arm n leg for it yet still no backlit. really is 🙄 I wud wait for e Logitech one.
szeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 09:44 PM   #1273
Arch-Supremacy Member

Apple charges an arm n leg for it yet still no backlit. really is 🙄 I wud wait for e Logitech one.
Yes, if the keyboard folioís keyboard is backlit itíll be perfect! Very useful to type in low-light conditions.

Logitech should be launching one for the new Pros soon, I absolutely love mine for my 10.5Ē.
Old 27-11-2018, 11:43 PM   #1274

Me too!!! The Apple Folio is sweet.... but be careful of the edges... as it is unprotected
Old 28-11-2018, 07:30 AM   #1275
Master Member

1) anyone know if Apple got sell iPad pro 11" tampered glass protector and help paste? Would the glass protector affect the pencil writing sensitivity?
Nope, donít think Apple sell any tampered glass protector, at least not by Apple brand. Any, I didnít see any 3rd party ones when I was at the store 2 weeks back.

I removed my 3rd party tampered glass coz it affected my FaceID and I didnít get any replacement. I read from the other thread that there are some which are fine with FaceID and sensitivity. I have yet to get a replacement.
dreamer_toons is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.