HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2018 iPad Pro

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2018, 08:08 AM   #1276

True, my mini 4 bought when it was just launched back in 2015 is still going strong too. But I've a colleague who used a first gen 12.9" Pro a few mths back his device started to give him problem, as in auto shutting down whenever the batt reaches 40%. He tried everything such as resetting and restoring to no avail, so he thought maybe batt issue and brought down to Apple Store to get it checked and found it was logic board issue.

So in the end, he bought the 11" Pro.
Oh that's bad. I guess sometimes it's more often than not a luck issue haha. I would say I have been pretty lucky with Apple most of the time without having the need to go to service centers. Anyway he must be enjoying his new gadget just like us haha.
Yes I noticed that too, but seems like the new keyboard folio's keyboard is still not backlit? I have a Logitech Slim Combo for my 10.5" Pro and I love using it. Having a keyboard is really very convenient and I use it every day.
I don't think it's backlit still, for now haha. For me I mainly use it for browsing websites and YouTube so a keyboard is not really a must for me haha
Me too!!! The Apple Folio is sweet.... but be careful of the edges... as it is unprotected
Hahah hey, same combination. We are back to the good old days of iPad 2 where the smart cover only protects the front and not anywhere else. I still prefer the iPad mini 4's smart case. Front and back everywhere is covered.

Sent from The Panda's Lair using GAGT
laughingPANDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 08:10 AM   #1277

Anyway morning all, just to update I have pasted a tempered glass screen protector on the IPP 11" and it's working fine with face ID. However the screen protector doesn't really stick will at the edges, and I don't know is it me or the screen protector sometimes swipes might not be registered as promptly as I want it to be.

Old 28-11-2018, 08:18 AM   #1278
Arch-Supremacy Member

Oh that's bad. I guess sometimes it's more often than not a luck issue haha. I would say I have been pretty lucky with Apple most of the time without having the need to go to service centers. Anyway he must be enjoying his new gadget just like us haha.

I don't think it's backlit still, for now haha. For me I mainly use it for browsing websites and YouTube so a keyboard is not really a must for me haha

Hahah hey, same combination. We are back to the good old days of iPad 2 where the smart cover only protects the front and not anywhere else. I still prefer the iPad mini 4's smart case. Front and back everywhere is covered.

Yups so a new toy for him, else he'd still be using the old one.

But the keyboard can be useful, it's great for typing here and faster than on-screen keyboard.
Old 28-11-2018, 08:18 AM   #1279
Great Supremacy Member

Superb tempted to buy one in HK to save about 100bucks 🙁
Old 28-11-2018, 08:48 AM   #1280

Yups so a new toy for him, else he'd still be using the old one.

But the keyboard can be useful, it's great for typing here and faster than on-screen keyboard.
Hahah luckily when the keyboard first generation came out I didn't have a chance to try. If not, I'll most probably be hooked and then now I'll be spending more money haha!

Old 28-11-2018, 09:32 AM   #1281
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hahah luckily when the keyboard first generation came out I didn't have a chance to try. If not, I'll most probably be hooked and then now I'll be spending more money haha!

Haha so it's very 'poisonous'. But I felt having a keyboard and pencil for the iPad Pro is a complete package.
metavolta likes this.
Snoweagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 11:09 AM   #1282

Haha so it's very 'poisonous'. But I felt having a keyboard and pencil for the iPad Pro is a complete package.
Yes! When it comes to mobile gadgets, it's always poisonous! Hahah I suppose it's also for your needs as well which requires the pen and keyboard? For me not so much of typing so I can save some cash heh

Old 28-11-2018, 11:15 AM   #1283

Anyway morning all, just to update I have pasted a tempered glass screen protector on the IPP 11" and it's working fine with face ID. However the screen protector doesn't really stick will at the edges, and I don't know is it me or the screen protector sometimes swipes might not be registered as promptly as I want it to be.

I have a feeling that due to the smaller bezels, the palm rejection is more aggressive. With a tempered glass on, it might keep registering "palm touches", resulting in sensitivity drops.

Further, if you lay the iPad flat on the desk or on your bed, the sensitivity worsens a lot! Once you tilt the iPad up in a normal reading position, the sensitivity returns to normal.

I am using some random TGSP bought from Challenger at a cutthroat price

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5000 using GAGT
hellojeffo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 11:20 AM   #1284

Try touching the sides metal part, it will work, also leaving a charging cable connected will not have this prob, seems the tg has some grounding issue.
runestyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 01:21 PM   #1285
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes! When it comes to mobile gadgets, it's always poisonous! Hahah I suppose it's also for your needs as well which requires the pen and keyboard? For me not so much of typing so I can save some cash heh

Yeah I got the pencil for taking notes and to-do list in Notability. The keyboard for typing in forums and other web-related services. So yeah, I use both quite extensively but more on keyboard.

True also if you donít do much typing as the on-screen keyboard will suffice. I type a lot so yeah...the keyboard makes more sense.
Old 28-11-2018, 02:20 PM   #1286

I have a feeling that due to the smaller bezels, the palm rejection is more aggressive. With a tempered glass on, it might keep registering "palm touches", resulting in sensitivity drops.

Further, if you lay the iPad flat on the desk or on your bed, the sensitivity worsens a lot! Once you tilt the iPad up in a normal reading position, the sensitivity returns to normal.

I am using some random TGSP bought from Challenger at a cutthroat price

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5000 using GAGT
That's the first thing that came to my mind as well. I tried shifting my hands to hold the iPad in different ways and the touches registered more easily when my palm were nowhere on the display.

Guess I have to train myself to hold the iPad 'correctly' haha.
Yeah I got the pencil for taking notes and to-do list in Notability. The keyboard for typing in forums and other web-related services. So yeah, I use both quite extensively but more on keyboard.

True also if you don’t do much typing as the on-screen keyboard will suffice. I type a lot so yeah...the keyboard makes more sense.
Hahah yeah but as long as we are happy with our purchase it doesn't matter but I do find that the speakers kinda lose out to previous generations. Do you feel it too? I feel that the old iPad pro 12.9inch first gen seemed to have much louder speakers.

Old 28-11-2018, 04:35 PM   #1287
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hahah yeah but as long as we are happy with our purchase it doesn't matter but I do find that the speakers kinda lose out to previous generations. Do you feel it too? I feel that the old iPad pro 12.9inch first gen seemed to have much louder speakers.

But itís true that the 12.9Ē model has louder speakers than the 10.5Ē but itís more than sufficient for me as Iím not the type who blasts the speakers, usually I donít cross more than half.

Not sure about the new Pros but my colleagueís 11Ē sound is pretty good too, should also be better than my 10.5Ē.
Old 28-11-2018, 06:25 PM   #1288

But it’s true that the 12.9” model has louder speakers than the 10.5” but it’s more than sufficient for me as I’m not the type who blasts the speakers, usually I don’t cross more than half.

Not sure about the new Pros but my colleague’s 11” sound is pretty good too, should also be better than my 10.5”.
Hahah I guess it's probably due to the size then cause the old 12.9 sounds dam loud! So I'm quite surprised that this 11 incher doesn't sound that loud lol

Old 28-11-2018, 06:25 PM   #1289

But it’s true that the 12.9” model has louder speakers than the 10.5” but it’s more than sufficient for me as I’m not the type who blasts the speakers, usually I don’t cross more than half.

Not sure about the new Pros but my colleague’s 11” sound is pretty good too, should also be better than my 10.5”.
>.< I still feel 11" too heavy.... honestly its not the best portable ipad when traveling (reading manga/lite novel on MRT)... I still prefer mini... still keeping it though already invested expensive case and screen protector

also bonus for like me own usb-c 4k monitor ... I had to retire my apple tv for this lol

Last edited by rvyne7; 28-11-2018 at 06:28 PM..
rvyne7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 07:03 PM   #1290
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hahah I guess it's probably due to the size then cause the old 12.9 sounds dam loud! So I'm quite surprised that this 11 incher doesn't sound that loud lol

The 12.9" has larger speakers so presumably should be louder too. But I suppose shouldn't be an issue about loudness as if on the go would be using earphones or headphones.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.