HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2018 iPad Pro

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2018, 07:05 PM   #1291
Arch-Supremacy Member

>.< I still feel 11" too heavy.... honestly its not the best portable ipad when traveling (reading manga/lite novel on MRT)... I still prefer mini... still keeping it though already invested expensive case and screen protector

also bonus for like me own usb-c 4k monitor ... I had to retire my apple tv for this lol
Yes I still have my mini 4 too but it's just sitting on my table for a long time, occasionally cleaning it but parts of the sides of the original silicone case feels a bit sticky, so means deterioration.

My Apple TV leh....ok lah sometimes I still use it as it's a housewarming gift from my colleague.
Old 28-11-2018, 07:47 PM   #1292

>.< I still feel 11" too heavy.... honestly its not the best portable ipad when traveling (reading manga/lite novel on MRT)... I still prefer mini... still keeping it though already invested expensive case and screen protector

also bonus for like me own usb-c 4k monitor ... I had to retire my apple tv for this lol
Hahah the most portable is still mini lah but the thing is I doubt they are gonna upgrade the screen or anything to keep the cost down.
The 12.9" has larger speakers so presumably should be louder too. But I suppose shouldn't be an issue about loudness as if on the go would be using earphones or headphones.
Haha yeah but okay lah. Like what you said most of the time it'll be with headphones.

Sent from The Panda's Lair using GAGT
laughingPANDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 10:41 PM   #1293
Arch-Supremacy Member

Haha yeah but okay lah. Like what you said most of the time it'll be with headphones.

But overall, just enjoy using your new toy!
Old 29-11-2018, 12:19 AM   #1294
Arch-Supremacy Member

I use 10.5 to go out
12.9 for at home play games and watch movies

Old 29-11-2018, 08:14 AM   #1295

But overall, just enjoy using your new toy!
Haha I'm waiting for the backpack that I ordered to arrive before bringing it out. Office laptop bag too small, don't want any mishaps to happen to my iPad haha.
I use 10.5 to go out
At home not use TV to watch movies? Haha

Old 29-11-2018, 08:26 AM   #1296
Master Member

I don't think it's backlit still, for now haha. For me I mainly use it for browsing websites and YouTube so a keyboard is not really a must for me haha

The iPad Pro is overkill for your usage haha..
kEvinErd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2018, 08:27 AM   #1297
Arch-Supremacy Member

Haha I'm waiting for the backpack that I ordered to arrive before bringing it out. Office laptop bag too small, don't want any mishaps to happen to my iPad haha.

At home not use TV to watch movies? Haha

But I think as long as your bag has good padding is good enough.
Old 29-11-2018, 10:06 AM   #1298

The iPad Pro is overkill for your usage haha..
Don't like that leh bro. I'm also using it that way LOL.
But I think as long as your bag has good padding is good enough.
Haha there's keys and charging cables for the laptop so safer bet I'll wait for the backpack. I'm very anal about scratches and scuffs on my devices lol

Old 29-11-2018, 10:28 AM   #1299

I use 10.5 to go out
reading manga for long time while standing in crowded train is bit not convenient... space wise and added the weight... or maybe just really used of mini size weight coz prefer reading it using 1 hand for most of the time with 10.5/11" that's hard

Last edited by rvyne7; 29-11-2018 at 10:30 AM..
rvyne7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2018, 10:48 AM   #1300

The 9.7" iPad (2018) is really affordable at <$650 for the 128GB WiFi version. Just placed an order for my daughter.

It's to replace her laggy iPad Air model. She needs the earphone jack for her headphones. The physical Home button would also come in handy for familiarity.

Now considering the 11" and 12.9" iPad Pro for myself. May pass my current iPad Pro (2016 model) to my other daughter.
rvyne7 likes this.
JJughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2018, 12:51 PM   #1301
Arch-Supremacy Member

Haha there's keys and charging cables for the laptop so safer bet I'll wait for the backpack. I'm very anal about scratches and scuffs on my devices lol

Then will need one with more compartments. Yes I also donít like scratches and scuffs on my devices but eventually theyíll appear no matter how much we protect them. I always try my best to minimise it.
Old 29-11-2018, 01:28 PM   #1302

Then will need one with more compartments. Yes I also don’t like scratches and scuffs on my devices but eventually they’ll appear no matter how much we protect them. I always try my best to minimise it.
Haha with the folio I think scratches are bound to appear. Unless I spend more money to get one that protects all sides and corners.

Old 29-11-2018, 03:55 PM   #1303
Arch-Supremacy Member

Haha with the folio I think scratches are bound to appear. Unless I spend more money to get one that protects all sides and corners.

I suppose the iPadís sides are quite resilient to scratches unless really go rub against a hard object. My Logitech Slim Comboís case also donít fully protect all sides of my 10.5Ē; its bottom is exposed and top part left speaker with the headphone jack is also exposed and so far no scratches too. I place it in my messenger bag but itís got a dedicated compartment for iPad.
Old 29-11-2018, 04:43 PM   #1304

I suppose the iPad’s sides are quite resilient to scratches unless really go rub against a hard object. My Logitech Slim Combo’s case also don’t fully protect all sides of my 10.5”; its bottom is exposed and top part left speaker with the headphone jack is also exposed and so far no scratches too. I place it in my messenger bag but it’s got a dedicated compartment for iPad.
Haha the backpack I got has a compartment at the back for laptops. But heck, I'm gonna put my iPad inside haha. Company laptop can get scuffs and scratches for all I care, iPad cannot LOL.

Old 29-11-2018, 04:54 PM   #1305

Haha the backpack I got has a compartment at the back for laptops. But heck, I'm gonna put my iPad inside haha. Company laptop can get scuffs and scratches for all I care, iPad cannot LOL.

metal grade of the new iPP seems pretty much like the MBP and I know this type rare to get scratch with just smart cover it should be enough for protection right? just avoid accidentally drop it lol...

I actually bought only tempered glass and smart folio.
rvyne7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.