HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2018 iPad Pro

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2018, 01:12 PM   #1411
Master Member

I think with the smart folio or any decent / tough cases, it'd be tougher to get bent..
Smart folio isn’t a tough case. As thin as cardboard.
deathst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 02:09 PM   #1412

I think with the smart folio or any decent / tough cases, it'd be tougher to get bent..
I really think unless you bend it like those idiots on YouTube it shouldn't bend that easily especially when the set on hand doesn't have any issues.
laughingPANDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 03:56 PM   #1413
Arch-Supremacy Member

My 10.5” Pro does not suffer from this bending issue. Though 0.2mm thicker, this difference in thickness will be sufficient to prevent it from this kind of bending? Else not sure if it’s just the manufacturing process contributing to this issue.
Thickness of the material aside, I believe the rigidity is dependant on the way they design the structure. This is not the first time this bendgate happened, ie, starting with iPhone 6 Plus. Apple later revised the design internally to strengthen the structure. This is also a result of Apple's obsession with making their products ever thinner.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 03:59 PM   #1414
Arch-Supremacy Member

I really think unless you bend it like those idiots on YouTube it shouldn't bend that easily especially when the set on hand doesn't have any issues.
The "idiots" that you mentioned pointed out a serious flaw. While we won't purposely bend it since it cost so much, you may rest on it if it's in your bag. The last thing you want is to bend it. And the critical point mentioned is that it bends very easily, which I don't hear often.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 04:05 PM   #1415
Supremacy Member

Am just worried if I need it to be placed inside my bag-pack, travelling with it in a long period of time and it got bent naturally... Of course not going to do it on purpose etc..
AlvinDj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 07:30 PM   #1416
Banned

Those iPads with Touch ID or home button, won’t bend. Only the newer design will bend.
Glariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:37 PM   #1417
High Supremacy Member

Worth getting the Ipad pro across the causeway?

Anyone bought from malaysia?
Old 04-01-2019, 09:38 AM   #1418

Does anyone having burn mark on you Apple Pencil, at the magnetic charging port?
Mine is pretty bad. Wonder is it a “feature” or is it a defect.

Don’t know how to post a pic here....
longdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:04 AM   #1419
Arch-Supremacy Member

After watching all the videos and comments, getting pretty worried about putting the iPad in my bag . Which is insane cause I bought it to bring around...
melankholy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 01:55 PM   #1420
Supremacy Member

Hehe joined the iPad pro club liao.

Any good apps to intro?

I bought Luma fusion for video editing

What about photo editing which app is the best besides Adobe CC?

stupidog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:30 PM   #1421

anyone knows where to get a solid ipad pro 11" case like otterbox depender yet? checked the stores locally, no stock yet and the rest of the cases offer quite basic protection.
ALacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:13 PM   #1422

Bro, no leather ah ? Smell gao gao ! 😆

Any good apps to intro?

manofsorrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:27 PM   #1423
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thickness of the material aside, I believe the rigidity is dependant on the way they design the structure. This is not the first time this bendgate happened, ie, starting with iPhone 6 Plus. Apple later revised the design internally to strengthen the structure. This is also a result of Apple's obsession with making their products ever thinner.
True also. Perhaps the frame itself isn’t so sturdy. Even though Apple’s target is to make the new iPad Pros as thin and light as possible, being so costly also shouldn’t be compromising the structure of it.

The science of it is the larger the surface area and also the thinner it is, bending is more susceptible, talking about similar materials. Apple stating that it’s normal to be slightly bent right out the box due to bonding process to me is not acceptable. If I paid over $1k for the device, I expected it to be in good condition aesthetically as well and not with flaws which you can obviously see, especially when it’s brand new.
Old 04-01-2019, 03:29 PM   #1424
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any good apps to intro?

I’d still just go with Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom but I’m using it on my MBP instead. If you wish to try others, Pixelmator is also a good second choice.

And oh yes, also welcome you to the iPad Pro club but for me, I’m using the 2017 model.
stupidog likes this.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:17 PM   #1425
Supremacy Member

Bro, no leather ah ? Smell gao gao ! 😆
lol ipad pro got leather keyboard cover ah ?

if they have sleeves which can slot in with the keyboard cover i dun mind leh heheh
stupidog is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.