7th Generation iPad Discussions

gdspd8

Reaction score
Hi all, what is the small hole behind the new iPad 2017, at the top center?

25khimb.jpg

Last edited:

jtdcjtdc

Reaction score
Still cant decide to get between latest ipad or ipad mini 4, first time user here. Anyway i'm not a heavy user, just need it as my personal organizer :)

actually, the iPad Mini 4 128GB model which is the only one out now, will be discontinued shortly.
they will release a new iPad Mini but with A9 chip so maybe wise to wait for that.

van123

Reaction score
Not sure whether to get iPad 2017 or Air 2. (Still using mini 3 now)
About the same price for 128GB wifi models.
Main use is surfing and watching videos.
Any advice?

gdspd8

Reaction score
Any advice?

Save money..if die die wanna get, wait for iPad Pro 2 7.9' or 9.7' ba. Should be out soon. A completel replacement for iPad Min 4 and iPad 2017.

Last edited:

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any advice?

First ask yourself, what are you looking or using for. Spending few extra hundreds over dollars for the upcoming new Pro line up to get the latest spec, but the question is will you even use the Pro line feature to justify your extra spending? Do you even care about the laminated and true tone display, pencil pen, smart Keyboard etc

Secondly, if you want save some money but die also want the hardware of Pro line, wait for new Pro line to launch and Apple will surely drop the iPad Pro 9.7" retail price.

Thirdly, get the new 2017 iPad with slightly old A9 chip, never even bother about Pro lineup specific feature, not using to use at all, no laminated display, faster than iPad Air 2 and save more money.

Forth, get iPad Air 2 which is no longer available at Apple Store, even more dated A8X hardware spec but with laminated display and lighter. Software support will likely to end first compare to the newer 2017 iPad, that for sure.

I am coming from iPad Air 1 to new 2017 iPad and since I never going to use the Pro line feature, I go with this 2017 iPad, not wasting my hard earn money, the speed is the win factor compare to my 4 years old iPad Air with A7 chip. Weight to me no difference since I come from iPad Air 1 which is the same physical weight and dimensions.

Once you ask yourself what you really want, it's very easy to decide by then.

Last edited:

van123

Reaction score
First ask yourself, what are you looking or using for. Spending few extra hundreds over dollars for the upcoming new Pro line up to get the latest spec, but the question is will you even use the Pro line feature to justify your extra spending? Do you even care about the laminated and true tone display, pencil pen, smart Keyboard etc

Secondly, if you want save some money but die also want the hardware of Pro line, wait for new Pro line to launch and Apple will surely drop the iPad Pro 9.7" retail price.

Thirdly, get the new 2017 iPad with slightly old A9 chip, never even bother about Pro lineup specific feature, not using to use at all, no laminated display, faster than iPad Air 2 and save more money.

Forth, get iPad Air 2 which is no longer available at Apple Store, even more dated A8X hardware spec but with laminated display and lighter. Software support will likely to end first compare to the newer 2017 iPad, that for sure.

I am coming from iPad Air 1 to new 2017 iPad and since I never going to use the Pro line feature, I go with this 2017 iPad, not wasting my hard earn money, the speed is the win factor compare to my 4 years old iPad Air with A7 chip. Weight to me no difference since I come from iPad Air 1 which is the same physical weight and dimensions.

Once you ask yourself what you really want, it's very easy to decide by then.

Considering upgrade coz my mini 3 lags after I update to ios 10 and would like a bigger screen.
Is the display for Ipad 2017 ok for watching videos?

jtdcjtdc

Reaction score
are they still selling mini 4 32gb?

there are some that still got stock but definitely the 32GB ain't replenished anymore. in nubox bedok mall i even saw iPad Mini 2nd Gen lol... maybe ok for collector haha

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Check out Carousell too?

Also, I decided to stop waiting and gotten a 2nd hand iPad Pro 12.9 inch due to change of needs I'll say.

All the best for those who are still waiting! :)

jtdcjtdc

Reaction score
Considering upgrade coz my mini 3 lags after I update to ios 10 and would like a bigger screen. Is the display for Ipad 2017 ok for watching videos?

iPad Mini 3 is same A7 processor like Mini2, they just added Touch ID... iOS 10 would be definitely be slower on that specs.

iPad 5 / 7th / 2017 is definitely better : It has bigger screen you want, including A9 processor and 2GB RAM. You coming from iPad Mini3 means you will not see any difference on screen.

The "supposed" screen 'downgrade' will only be obvious if you come from iPad Air2 or Mini4, which has the screen laminated display and anti reflective features.

van123

Reaction score
iPad Mini 3 is same A7 processor like Mini2, they just added Touch ID... iOS 10 would be definitely be slower on that specs.

iPad 5 / 7th / 2017 is definitely better : It has bigger screen you want, including A9 processor and 2GB RAM. You coming from iPad Mini3 means you will not see any difference on screen.

The "supposed" screen 'downgrade' will only be obvious if you come from iPad Air2 or Mini4, which has the screen laminated display and anti reflective features.

OK, thanks!

xttxtt

Reaction score
Check out Carousell too?

Also, I decided to stop waiting and gotten a 2nd hand iPad Pro 12.9 inch due to change of needs I'll say.

All the best for those who are still waiting! :)

congrats! thats a good choice :flash:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.