Advice on sim card for ipad air or mini

chill_lax

Reaction score
Hi, i have a noob question. If i get a ipad air or mini with wifi + 3G, can i use the current 3G/4G sim card for my S4 and put it into the ipad air/mini and use it to surf net? Thanks for reading!

addicted-addiction

Reaction score
Hi, i have a noob question. If i get a ipad air or mini with wifi + 3G, can i use the current 3G/4G sim card for my S4 and put it into the ipad air/mini and use it to surf net? Thanks for reading!

can use, but you gotta cut the sim card or use a sim card adapter because ipad air/mini is using nano sim while the s4 is using micro sim.

if your mobile plan is only 2gb, watch out on your data cause its very easy to hit the cap 2gb if you surf alot or watch videos on the ipad :o

chill_lax

Reaction score
can use, but you gotta cut the sim card or use a sim card adapter because ipad air/mini is using nano sim while the s4 is using micro sim.

if your mobile plan is only 2gb, watch out on your data cause its very easy to hit the cap 2gb if you surf alot or watch videos on the ipad :o

thanks alot for your reply! appreciate that!

another noob question, am i able to use the ipad to navigate around (google map) when i m in overseas without incurring obscene charges? :s13:

blurnard

Reaction score

another noob question, am i able to use the ipad to navigate around (google map) when i m in overseas without incurring obscene charges? :s13:

nope u cant....google map requires data connection de....

addicted-addiction

Reaction score

one way is bring a sim-cutter and get a local data sim card when you arrive at the country. normally when you touchdown the airport got booth can get. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.