HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

any blackberry user with ipad ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2010, 12:16 AM   #1
High Supremacy Member

any blackberry user with ipad ?

anybody multi sim to use the plan with ipad?

i'm on BB youth plan which consist of 3gb BIS and 12GB bbom

now i'm on multisim for my both devices..

let's say if i'm browsing non-related BIS on my blackberry,
will there be extra charge incurred? ( had this problem before when i apply for 3gb BIS , i was charge like 30 bucks more cos i'm using data usage that are non-RIM related and is consider under BBOM usage )

or at the end of the day both my data usage is total up and fall within the 15gb total data cap? or is it counted as separately?

Last edited by CrimsonP; 23-07-2010 at 12:18 AM..
CrimsonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 01:46 AM   #2

let me try to answer

the service for BIS and BBOM is diffrent HOWEVER, u can check the usage onlinely and they will just sum up both the usage on BBOM AND BIS

if u were charge when u are using something related to the BBOM

it must be something related to the youtube

furthermore from my experiecen we coudln't download file bigger then 30 mb if i'm not wrong (on BIS)

if this happens, it will also outside of our BIS
jinz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 12:42 PM   #3

Well i am a blackberry unlimited plan user with a new ipad. After getting my ipad today, i immediately proceed to m1 shop. After consulting them and checking with M1 CSO, I get a microsim card ($19++), subscribe to multisim service ($10 monthly) and now i can use my blackberry unlimited data plan with my new ipad

So for blackberry users, we can make use of our unlimited plan on our ipad
Charles_Wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #4

Well i am a blackberry unlimited plan user with a new ipad. After getting my ipad today, i immediately proceed to m1 shop. After consulting them and checking with M1 CSO, I get a microsim card ($19++), subscribe to multisim service ($10 monthly) and now i can use my blackberry unlimited data plan with my new ipad

So for blackberry users, we can make use of our unlimited plan on our ipad

hi
i heard, that m1 could do so, but i'm not sure, as the BIS plan is the service for Blackberry by the RIM no the telco

the main difference is, when you are using BIS, u could leave the APN setting to blank, while on ipad u have to fill it up, well in my case it will be

e-ideas
Old 23-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #5

yup. M1 bb BIS unlimited plan can also be used to surf net using the blackberry as a modem. I have been using this method many times to connect to my laptop for browsing. No additional charges at all. Not sure about singtel bb plan though
Charles_Wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #6

yup. M1 bb BIS unlimited plan can also be used to surf net using the blackberry as a modem. I have been using this method many times to connect to my laptop for browsing. No additional charges at all. Not sure about singtel bb plan though
yeah, that what i heard from m1 and starhub (please do conform again for starhub)

for singtel it doesn't work this way

currently i'm on multi sim + S$15 for the monthly
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.