Any iPad Air Owners Returned/Replaced Unit Due To Yellow Screen?

alvin01

Reaction score
Just wanted to find out if any iPad Air owners here have returned or replaced their iPads because of a yellow cast to the screen.

I have run in my iPad Air for about 2 months and it still has a decidedly yellow tint to the screen. This is most obvious when it comes to skin tones.

Whereas skin tones in my previous iPad 3 have a healthy and slightly redder tone, the iPad Air skin tones have a somewhat sickly yellow tint. It was even worse in the beginning where skin tones had a shade of green to it. After running it in by displaying a full white screen for more than 48 hours at a stretch, things have improved slightly as I can see a dash of red here and there. But that's as far as it goes and I don't expect any further improvement.

I'm just wondering what my options are (I bought it online through Apple Store). Should I request for an exchange? What are the odds that the replacement will be equally yellow?

My iPad Air is fine otherwise.

Would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks.

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
returned?
2mths?

return/exchange is within 14days.
i don't know whether u can replace it now after using it for 2mths.

can tell u that its a 50-50
sure have yellow screen one even within same batch
by luck. but after using 2mths i don't see why they can give u a 1-1 brand new exchange (if u want that). refurbished wise, no idea. u have to check with Apple

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.