HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

anyone got ipad2 sms from playmo.sg

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #16

Me too... i just got con for abt 200 dollar for replying their msg... each msg is 3 dollar and plus 9 dollar for the first msg... and this last post was last year... this year it is still happening... is it really a fake one? all my precious money is gone...
ambrosekeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #17

this is pure scam, i saw this when iam browsing youtube site, i thougt it is legitimate, it showed me this is survey from youtube and can win ipad. i wasted my money 25SGD, this is scam surprised how they used youtube logo, also shame that the local telcos supporing it.
compustarsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 03:13 AM   #18

LOL luck I didnt receive... If not I sure reply..
Old 07-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #19

Just got scammed early this morning. Even when I send "Unmark" the SMS keeps coming. Only when I send "Stop" after I call their land line did the SMS stop coming. My questions are, 1. Why does this happen only when I changed my phone to data plan recently?(Is it possible that telco staff is selling our personal data?) 2. Can anyone provide me on the correct Authority to report to prevent others from being scammed. Is it IDA? I think the police will not be interested in such a "small matter".

Last edited by dionysius; 07-04-2012 at 11:35 AM..
dionysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #20
Banned

This kind of SMS scam has already been publicized and reported many times on news paper and even Stomp. I don't know how you guys can still be conned.

Sigh....

Just remember: "When it's sounds too good to be true, it probably is."
Singaporean1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #21

Annonymous phone calls:

Telepromoter A: Gd morning air, I am calling you to inform you that you have been selected to enjoy a free spa package worth $399....
Me: Thanks but I'm not interested [*click]

Telepromoter B: Congratulations! You are the winner of our company's Grand Lucky Draw! But Sir, I will need your name and IC number to register for claiming the price.....

Telepromoter C: Congratulations, you just won a.....

Moral of the story: Even Toto/4D need you to pay/buy first before you can win something...nothing is free...and if it is too good to be true...it usually is.
vagus1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #22

Some action you can take to prevent other getting cheated:

1) You can report the website as an unsafe website using IE9 feature.
- Click the Settings button located on the top right side of your IE9.
- Click Select Safety - Report Unsafe Website.
- This action will redirect you to a website called Microsoft SmartScreen filter where you will have to reply few questions about your finding.
- Done! At this point Microsoft will review the website and if it consider it a phising website or a scamware website it will flag it to its Internet Explorer users!

2) Report this as an unsafe domain on AVG website - avgthreatlabs
rsvsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #23

Damn!!! I was browsing to a address but suddenly was directed automatically to this survey asking me to enter my handphone blar blar blar to win an ipad 2 and I saw the logo of Singtel, starhub and M1 below. I thought it is some telco thingy. So I entered and got a sms asking me to text WIN to 79191. It is a scam.

This business model of them is not sustainable. dont give in to it!
kh4546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #24

Guys help, exactly what should i do to stop them from sending me those messages again??? I sent stop to them but it still happen now and then. HELP!!!!
jiaweicool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #25

whats playmo customer service number... SMS stop coming... but worried abt charges.. replied twice....
Evileyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #26

just type UNMARK to 75454
Does this work???
Evileyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #27

Angry Serious scamming

It means someone has just entered your number. I accidentally clicked on some survey thing (damn touchpad) and got this:

Give them hell. Call them up and tell them to stop everything. Scamsters. seriously scary. Bet the website doesn't exist.

PLAYMO is a non-subscription SMS quiz service. Every question sent to you is charged at $3.00. Sending WIN will initiate the 1st question charged at $3.00 plus $9.00 sign-up fee. The sign up fee is charged as 3 sms x$3.00. Upon answering one question, you will receive the next question chargeable until you stop answering. There is no limit to the number of questions you can answer. Standard Operator SMS/MMS/WAP/GPRS/UMTS charges apply. For Help call 66319331 (local rate) during office hours Monday-Friday, visit our website playmo.sg or [email had to be taken out.] Participate in this quiz on your mobile for an opportunity to win your chosen jackpot prize. All players are eligible for the weekly, monthly and jackpot prize. The winner of the weekly prize (iPad) is the participant with the most points registered in our system at the end of the Registration Week - Sunday at 23:59:59 local SG time until the promotion period ends - 31st August 2012 at 23:59 hrs. The monthly prize of an iPhone4S is drawn on the last day of the month and Jackpot prizes on 31st August 2012. By participating in this quiz you acknowledge that you are a resident of Singapore, 18 years or older, have read and is bound by the General Terms & Conditions and you are the authorized mobile phone bill payer and/or have the consent of the mobile phone bill payer to participate in this service by Teracomm Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. You agree to receive marketing messages in relation to this or similar services by Teracomm. These marketing messages are free of charge. To opt out of marketing messages send UNMARK to 146079191. Teracomm is not affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by any of the listed products or retailers. Trademarks, service marks, logos (including, without limitation, the individual names of products and retailers) are the property of their respective owners.
flowers4fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #28

Idiota help me
battledome64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:33 AM   #29
Master Member

Email to Ida, it is much more useful
Playmo cso is rude, so don't waste your time with them
Slpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #30

I was just talking to the CSO from M1. She helped me "block" such services but told me that they are unable to prevent me from receiving such notifications. She suggests that these services were likely to be "hidden" in the "free apps" downloaded.
Macrobutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.