anyone updated to iOS 5 ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-10-2011, 05:39 PM   #31
Greater Supremacy Member

Still prefer my jb 4.3.3 ipad2.
Old 15-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #32

updated to iOS 5, so far so good
love the multi gesture :-)
Ironically, Multi Gesture or the lack of it for ipad1 users like myself...is preventing me from upgrading to 5.0
dankoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #33

I update iphone 4 to iOS 5
ponyhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #34
High Supremacy Member

iTunes will download iOS 5 then back up your iPhone or iPad. After that it will reboot the device and install iOS 5. Takes a while so be patient. When the update is done there is a message saying your device has been restored to factory settings. Don't panic!

iTunes will reboot your device again and will restore your previos settings. After a third reboot it will restore your apps. After that it reboots your device a fourth time and restores your music and videos. After a fifth reboot your device should be fine.

Everything is automated so unless something corks up, if not just sit back and let nature take its course. Just remember not to interrupt it at anytime. Only unplug your iphone when there is nothing else in the iTunes status screen and the status bar isn't moving any more.

This is very different from when you were updating from an older version e.g. iOS 4.3.2 to a newer version e.g. iOS 4.3.3. I think some ppl unplugged the phone too early before iTunes got a chance to restore everything hence the missing apps.

I managed to update both my iPad 2 and iPhone 4 to iOS 5 and no apps were missing.
derrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 11:26 PM   #35

own an ipad2 on 4.3.5 so cant jb. shud i just take the jump to ios5 now or wait for the ios5 jb to come out b4 upgrading? its been confirmed that there wont b a 4.3.5 jb rite?
skl000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 11:46 PM   #36
High Supremacy Member

own an ipad2 on 4.3.5 so cant jb. shud i just take the jump to ios5 now or wait for the ios5 jb to come out b4 upgrading? its been confirmed that there wont b a 4.3.5 jb rite?
confirm dont have jb for 4.3.5 ,why leak the one for apple to patch.ios5 mostly likely but have to wait,just update then
fabianlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 08:38 AM   #37
Arch-Supremacy Member

Updated to os5 ytd n regreted it. My ebooks in the iBook app are gone...

My apps are completely mess up despite the prior update done. WTF.
evets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #38
Supremacy Member

Updated to OS5 on my ipad...all inside folders programs icon exploded out and became 10 pages .....need to re-organise again....when this morning I do a update to the apps (not upgrade OS5) in my iphone4....OMG...all folders inside progranms icon exploded out and became 11 pages on my iphone4 screen......need to re-organise AGAIN.
Norman Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #39
Supremacy Member

Updated to OS5 on my ipad...all inside folders programs icon exploded out and became 10 pages .....need to re-organise again....when this morning I do a update to the apps (not upgrade OS5) in my iphone4....OMG...all folders inside progranms icon exploded out and became 11 pages on my iphone4 screen......need to re-organise AGAIN.
Yeap, happened to mine too..... can use the PC or Mac to rearrange.. faster this way
Old 18-10-2011, 11:09 PM   #40

think wait a few more weeks b4 upgrading... alot of pple reporting problems
quailmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #41

Restore Your iPhone Without Losing Your Homescreen Organization

Found this post, may come in handy :

Restore Your iPhone Without Losing Your Homescreen Organization

When restoring your iPhone (or other iDevice), all the meticulous work you put into your homescreen's organization is lost. Even if you only have a handful of apps, this is frustrating. Fortunately Dan Frakes, over at MacWorld, has discovered a way to solve the problem.

When you restore your iPhone, everything gets wiped clean before your information is put back on the device. Your homescreen organization, folders and all, is actually added back as well. The problem is that your third-party apps are no longer on your phone because you have yet to sync it and so it doesn't really matter that your iDevice knows how to organize them. It can't organize what doesn't exist.

What Dan discovered is that after you perform this first restore and sync your phone, you can perform a second restore that doesn't wipe your phone. This will restore your homescreen organization back to its former glory. Here's what you do:

1. Assuming you've already done a standard restore and your homescreen is a mess, connect your iPhone (or other iDevice) to iTunes.

2. If you haven't sync'd everything back to your device already, do that now.

3. When it shows up in iTunes, and has finished syncing, right click its icon/name in the sidebar. This will bring up a menu with a few options, one of which is "Restore from Backup." Choose it.

4. You'll be asked to choose a backup. Choose the same backup you chose when you restored your device earlier.

5. Let the syncing process finish and you'll be back to normal.
oric1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #42

Hi Guys

Need some help....

Trying to update my Iphone and Ipad and also come to this error message as you guys have....

I have tried to edit the Hosts file.....but the file is locked. Even if I edit, I can't save it. It still show no change...

Is there any work around method so that I can able to upgrade to IOS 5?

Thanks alot

Those updating with this error message:
"The iPhone could not be updated. This device isn't eligible for the requested build"

Solution: Succesfully updtaed my ipad 2 on my iMac

edit host file on OSX.

Here is the fix:

On finder under the go menu select go to folder and type /etc/ then look for hosts right click to open with text edit and this is what you should see.

##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1 localhost
255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
::1 localhost
fe80::1%lo0 localhost

delete this entry : (74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com) this which comes after localhost

if you're having trouble editing the hosts file, make a copy on your desktop then edit and save and replace the one from the /etc/ folder. Or you can rename the original host file and copy the revised host file over
danlim_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 10:44 AM   #43

Launch TinyUnbrella, Uncheck that, and quit... is all you need to do.
bluemint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #44
High Supremacy Member

Anybody experienced this problem on ipad2?

I update to ios5 but the reminders doesn't appear on notification center

*solved*
Just add in 1 more reminder to so-call activate it

Last edited by alanjw55; 21-10-2011 at 09:13 PM..
alanjw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #45

Unable to backup iphone until updated to ios5 and remove corrupted backup. Cancelled the updating process in the last step (will there be any complication huh?) as i have 700++ apps to sync from itunes and my iphone has insufficient space. Nightmare to reorganize all apps, sms and call logs all gone. But overall, worth it!

Last edited by monokuro; 22-10-2011 at 11:45 AM..
monokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.