HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

anyone using singtel tag lite?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #31
Supremacy Member

How is this taglite different from multisim huh? Multi sim is $5/mth how much is tag lite
Th3Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #32

taglite is an additional $5 per month
ah_cheng1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2011, 08:44 PM   #33

hi all....wonder if we can get ipad2 from singtel shops but with taglite plans?
Nope . If u wanna get ipad from singtel, have to ho for multi sim card first. After one month, u can cancel multi sim and try applying taglite. But for taglite, have to stay with them one yr

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app
debbue96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #34

was at compasspoint singtel today. according to the CSO, blackberry phones cannot go with multi-sim...anyone knows if that is really true?

or can i get two normal-size SIM cards and cut one myself?
Old 23-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #35

was at compasspoint singtel today. according to the CSO, blackberry phones cannot go with multi-sim...anyone knows if that is really true?

or can i get two normal-size SIM cards and cut one myself?
Not true. I have a BB and an iPhone, on multisim... But you will sign for a BBOM for the iphone as BB data only covers blackberry apn.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #36
Master Member

How is this taglite different from multisim huh? Multi sim is $5/mth how much is tag lite
if i'm not wrong multi sim is $10 a mth, taglite is $5 only. multi sim allows u to share data, voice calls & sms whereas taglite only allows u to share data, which if u r using ipad then just take taglite, no point taking up multi sim.
Kaylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2011, 07:11 AM   #37
Master Member

yesterday i went to sign up for taglite, they kept on trying to get me to sign the mio plan. for the $30+$10 sim & registration charges they can waive, just call 1688 and tell them nicely, they waived it for me. at 1st when i did the taglite at the singtel shop they kept telling me i can't waive the $40 BUT if i sign up for mio tv at $9.90/mth they will waive it for me. which is crap coz i can't believe they can just anyhow give customers such "proposals". its the official singtel shop, not those retailers.

as for the speed, initially was 0.35mbps for the 1st day. so i called up and besides doing a reset on their side + asking me to clear the cookies/cache on my ipad, i was also told to wait another day coz its not completely activated. so i waited another day, did the speedtest and i got abt 1-2mbps for the download speed, same as my mainline. anyway its NOT SUPPOSED to be 0.35mbps, that is totally not acceptable. that kind of speed totally cannot surf/download anything! if it continues, make sure they do something on their side else request for a cancellation.

one thing i must say is singtel's 3G network really suck on the whole. alot of times dont hv the 3G signal and it happens at alot of places, from bus interchanges to underground tunnels in trains (but surprisingly got reception on NEL) to some parts in my home. i think singtel shd just upgrade their 3G network.

Last edited by Kaylin; 24-06-2011 at 07:19 AM..
Kaylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2011, 08:12 AM   #38

blackberry and ipad2 leh?

u mean i muz spend more to be able to use multisim on ipad2?

Not true. I have a BB and an iPhone, on multisim... But you will sign for a BBOM for the iphone as BB data only covers blackberry apn.
Old 24-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #39

if i'm not wrong multi sim is $10 a mth, taglite is $5 only. multi sim allows u to share data, voice calls & sms whereas taglite only allows u to share data, which if u r using ipad then just take taglite, no point taking up multi sim.
Not true. I have multi-SIM and I only pay $5 a month. I can use data and voice calls on both smart phones (BB and iPhone).
Old 24-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #40

blackberry and ipad2 leh?

u mean i muz spend more to be able to use multisim on ipad2?
BB and iPad2 shouldn't be a problem. If you are on Singtel, yes you have to spend more.
Old 24-06-2011, 10:07 AM   #41

Yeah, I'm on Singtel, using Blackberry phone currently and intend to get ipad2.

My intention was to go to Singtel and ask them to issue me 2x normal sim card and cut one of the sim card for use in the ipad2. My understanding is that this method would only cost me an additional $5.35...

Is this understanding correct or are there other costs involved ha? Please enlighten me...

BB and iPad2 shouldn't be a problem. If you are on Singtel, yes you have to spend more.
Old 24-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #42

My intention was to go to Singtel and ask them to issue me 2x normal sim card and cut one of the sim card for use in the ipad2. My understanding is that this method would only cost me an additional $5.35...

Is this understanding correct or are there other costs involved ha? Please enlighten me...
Yes, cutting of the sim card will work and only cost you $5/month. I am on BES and the data is not part of the BB unlimited data plan so I have to sign up for BBOM (another $13+ per month!). I am not sure about BIS though. Best is to ask Singtel.
Old 24-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #43

Hehe...im looking to incur only $5.35 extra each month leh...will ask around more...thanks!
Old 24-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #44
Master Member

Should be no other cost involved. I was using the same thing for a 3G USB modem dongle and my BB 9000 =) (not ipad)
blade007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #45
Master Member

Multi Sim is $5 for normal sim, $10 for micro sim.

Just get the $5 one and cut to mirco sim size
blade007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.