HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Apple Activation Server and App Store down?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #1

Apple Activation Server and App Store down?

Been trying to update my ipad - downloaded the firmware yesterday, plugged in today, and after restart, I am supposed to set up the ipad again. When it tried to activate- the activation server "cannot be reached".
So I tested app store, also cannot download anything; network connection time out.
Anyone facing this problem?
lovelyloey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #2

yeah, im having the same issues. Tried restarting the ipad, that didn't work... I think maybe the activation servers @ apple are the problem?
Lukizanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 10:52 PM   #3

my 3GS also stuck at the activation stage with 'No Service' from Singtel. 5 hr + already... >.<
dcyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #4

Same problem with me, after upgraded to iOS 5 failed at activation stage since early afternoon till now still no luck!
wonghh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 11:43 PM   #5

Even tried to downgraded to iOS 4.3.5 still failed activation, now my iPhone can't be use... Just keep trying...
wonghh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 01:33 AM   #6

Saturday afternoon in the US now, and the iphone 4s just released there, Apple servers are probably crying now. i'll give it a day... hopefully i'll be able to activate it then.
Old 16-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #7

Hmmm, i managed to get it to activate by tethering my 3gs connection and using that to complete the activation process... i was using starhub and i was behind a router at home :/
Old 16-10-2011, 09:39 AM   #8
High Supremacy Member

It takes time. I tried updating my iPhone 4 like 8 times in the past two days but it kept giving me the error 23 msg. I tried updating my iPad 2 once yesterday and it worked instantly. As I'm typing this msg, my iPhone 4 is in the midst of being updated (fingers crossed).
derrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 09:10 PM   #9

Hmmm, i managed to get it to activate by tethering my 3gs connection and using that to complete the activation process... i was using starhub and i was behind a router at home :/
followed your advice, worked! wonder why that's the case..hmmm
lovelyloey is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.