HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Apple Smart Keyboard Folio Case Issue

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2018, 02:53 PM   #1

Apple Smart Keyboard Folio Case Issue

Hi, for those who uses Apple smart keyboard folio case, do u all have issue with its edge splitting?
Mine is 11" model and the edges along left keyboard of the folio case is splitting/opening up. Looks like the adhesive is giving up. Got it on 17 Nov less than 1 month only. Folio case under warranty? Wonder is this cover under warranty. Tried my best to take pictures but pictures still blur.

leongws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:14 PM   #2

Go to Apple and replace. There is a short duration for accessories warranties
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:18 PM   #3

Go to Apple and replace. There is a short duration for accessories warranties
But i bought it at best denki as apple store no stock. Anyway are there warranty for folio keyboard?
Old 06-12-2018, 08:25 PM   #4

Contact Apple using apple chat. They will ask for the serial number and check if its under warranty. Send them a pic of the damage as well. Recently i did that for my apple pencil 2 issue.

I dropped the pencil afew times and the tip was damaged. Now i see your case i am quite worried if this batch of apple accessories is poorly made. Hope not. I bought the keyboard case as well.

Last edited by RT_3135; 06-12-2018 at 08:27 PM..
RT_3135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:10 PM   #5

Contact Apple using apple chat. They will ask for the serial number and check if its under warranty. Send them a pic of the damage as well. Recently i did that for my apple pencil 2 issue.

I dropped the pencil afew times and the tip was damaged. Now i see your case i am quite worried if this batch of apple accessories is poorly made. Hope not. I bought the keyboard case as well.
Already used apple chat to inform them of the issue. However the CSO i chat with are not able to say is it exchangeable or must sent in for repair... Also he is not able to book an appointment slot for Apple orchard(i choose this) due to full. He advise me to bring the invoice and case down to apple store and see what they can do. Got case ID log for this.

Seems like no resolution..
Old 06-12-2018, 09:12 PM   #6

But i bought it at best denki as apple store no stock. Anyway are there warranty for folio keyboard?
Your Apple-branded or Beats-branded hardware product (“Product”) is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase (“Warranty Period”)

Go Apple Store bring the receipt along.
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:36 AM   #7
Master Member

Already used apple chat to inform them of the issue. However the CSO i chat with are not able to say is it exchangeable or must sent in for repair... Also he is not able to book an appointment slot for Apple orchard(i choose this) due to full. He advise me to bring the invoice and case down to apple store and see what they can do. Got case ID log for this.

Seems like no resolution..
I don’t see any issue with Apple offering a replacement or refund for you. Don’t have to worry too much. Your case is just a one off.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.