HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Benefit of getting the New Ipad from Starhub?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #1

Benefit of getting the New Ipad from Starhub?

I am getting the New Ipad 64g 4G + Wifi for my wife's surprise birthday gift.

I am intending to subscribe to Starhub multi-sim since she already have the 12gb data plan for her iphone. (under my account)

Apple Online Store: $1088

Starhub Shop: $1068

Difference of $20?

Benefit of getting from Starhub shop will be basically $20 cheaper and one stop solution to getting the ipad itself along with signing up for the multisim. Cons will be the unpredictable nature of the stock availability at various branches and making wasted trips.

Benefit of getting from Apple Online is the free engraving and eliminate hassle of searching for available stock. Cons will be the $20 extra as well as making extra trip to starhub shop to get the multi-sim sign up.

Anyone else having such dilemma?
Any other considerations when choosing either?

Thanks!
vagus1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

If time allows get from Apple Online better. Can engrave something special for her since its a birthday gift. Plus got option for installment. Plus less hassle in the warranty end date. It starts on the day it ships and next day you get the iPad. Plus the feeling of opening it up from a DHL box is quite shiok.
(Official 蔡佩璇 aka 肉骨妹 Fan Club, #7 Member)
layzibum22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #3

I got mine from Starhub Plaza sing shop last Friday at 2.30pm. No queue. I already had multi sim
so I didn't have to pay for any fees etc. I paid by POSB/DBS card over 12 Months installments as well.
mak888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #4

Actually the $20 is no real discount for many people. Instead of waiving the SIM registration cost (about $32 for Multi-Sim sign-up), Starhub is giving $20 off in the device cost. It is the way they are trying to package the deal. This comparison doesn't apply for people who already have Multi-SIM and don't have to pay the SIM registration fee.
kapssg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #5

Actually the $20 is no real discount for many people. Instead of waiving the SIM registration cost (about $32 for Multi-Sim sign-up), Starhub is giving $20 off in the device cost. It is the way they are trying to package the deal. This comparison doesn't apply for people who already have Multi-SIM and don't have to pay the SIM registration fee.

yup i realized that, but I have to pay this registration fee even if i get from Apple Online and then signup for multi-sim separately.
Old 23-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #6

Thanks guys!

Decided to save the hassle of searching for available stocks.

Just ordered a black 64gb 4g + wifi with personalized engraving from Apple Online for my wife! Hope it can reach before 9th April!

I figured that she can start using it with my home wifi for emails and surfing while I can go down to any starhub shop at my own convenience to sign-up for the multi-sim card separately.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.