HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Beware! TV Sleep Tube on Ipad!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2011, 01:58 AM   #1

Beware! TV Sleep Tube on Ipad!

Guys/Girls, i recently made a stupid mistake by installing the TV Sleep Tube on my ipad and i feel i should warn others too.
I installed it through cydia and it achieved it's intended results, which was the old tv tune out effect when you off the screen, but after a few times it wont work anymore. So i went to check online and they said the only way to make it work was to install it though the .deb file. I tried that, and biggest mistake ever!
After installing it, the thing worked alright. But my ipad's resolution was totally screwed up! It became that of an Ipod touch/iphone's. So basically any app i tried to open resulted in the ipad crashing and restarting. So it was practically a useless piece of junk that could be turned off with a cool tv effect.
Luckily i could still save my ipad by restoring through itunes. however, as we all know, restoring results in wiping off the data.
So guys who want to try it please know that this happened to my ipad and could possibly happen to yours too.
ChasingRabbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.