Bizarre pricing for Mini and iPad Air 2 models

njstone9

Reaction score
I've just done some comparisons on the new prices of the iPad Mini and Air 2, wifi only versions.Incredibly the two form factors are now almost the same price!

Refurbished

An iPad mini, 64gb $538.
The Air 2 64gb is $558.

New

An iPad mini, 32gb, is $568.
The iPad Air 32gb is also $568.

So a $30 price range where you pay $30 more for half the storage but it is officially new.
But refurbished means you save either $10 or $30, but you get double the storage.

Now I have been waiting since March, or even last September, to get a better deal on the Mini. I like the form factor, which is perfect for gaming and very portable. But now there's such a small price differential, I'm quite tempted just to buy the larger one, simply because if I went ahead and bought the smaller one, I'd feel I'd been slightly cheated because you intrinsically expect to pay much less for the smaller product.

What do you think?

Wheihk

Reaction score
I've just done some comparisons on the new prices of the iPad Mini and Air 2, wifi only versions.Incredibly the two form factors are now almost the same price!

Refurbished

An iPad mini, 64gb $538.
The Air 2 64gb is $558.

New

An iPad mini, 32gb, is $568.
The iPad Air 32gb is also $568.

So a $30 price range where you pay $30 more for half the storage but it is officially new.
But refurbished means you save either $10 or $30, but you get double the storage.

Now I have been waiting since March, or even last September, to get a better deal on the Mini. I like the form factor, which is perfect for gaming and very portable. But now there's such a small price differential, I'm quite tempted just to buy the larger one, simply because if I went ahead and bought the smaller one, I'd feel I'd been slightly cheated because you intrinsically expect to pay much less for the smaller product.

What do you think?

mini 4 performs better than ipad air 2 actually. as in runs faster.

njstone9

Reaction score
I've just been to Comex: they're selling all the iPads there for the old deals! You can get them with double storage now directly from Apple!

nuky8181

Reaction score
Suggest that u dun buy online first. I read that Epicentre has updated the price for the Apple product. I am also trying to find out from the forum here on the updated price.

Just wait till tomorrow. At most you just order it / buy it directly on monday.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
So, level 3 still trying to clear old stocks? 16gb instead of offering 32gb? Or is 32gb available? I am tempted to get ipad mini2

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.