Convert normal SIM to MicroSIM help

jownsftw

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was told my singtel cannot get multisim and make it a mirco sim.

Is cutting the only way?

Why people so scared to cut the sim card? Not like it's a $100 or something right. At most if you fail, it'll only cost you $5 to replace IIRC

benny888

Reaction score
It is very easy to cut down the card to a micr sim. What you need is just a sharp pair of scissors and a piece of paper. First, put the paper inside the sim slot. Use a soft point unused pen and trace the edges of the slot. Cut the shape out from the paper. Put the paper on top of your sim card and with a pen trace the shape onto the card. You can cut right to the edge of the RHS ( don't cut into it ); you'll have space left at the left hand side. To fit the top and bottom edge trim off accordingly - it is OK if you need to trim off slightly the gold edges t the top or bottom. The important area is the middle portion
Try it ; I am an old man and I can do it easily. If you are young which I gather most of you are, it shouldn't be a problem as your hands definately more stable than mine. I have help several of my friends to cut too as they're too scared to do it

NineNineNine

Reaction score
ya. I was surprised no one mentioned abt it. So I decide to share my experience. So it is possible for telco (at least the Green one) to provide a microsim as a multisim on your mobile contract.

Technically possible, but they don't want to, except in your case. Pity they don't know how to be competitive against each other. Think of all those who are scared to cut sims moving to Green if they were the only ones to offer micro sims as multisims.

Last edited:

YesSoldOut

Reaction score
It is very easy to cut down the card to a micr sim. What you need is just a sharp pair of scissors and a piece of paper. First, put the paper inside the sim slot. Use a soft point unused pen and trace the edges of the slot. Cut the shape out from the paper. Put the paper on top of your sim card and with a pen trace the shape onto the card. You can cut right to the edge of the RHS ( don't cut into it ); you'll have space left at the left hand side. To fit the top and bottom edge trim off accordingly - it is OK if you need to trim off slightly the gold edges t the top or bottom. The important area is the middle portion
Try it ; I am an old man and I can do it easily. If you are young which I gather most of you are, it shouldn't be a problem as your hands definately more stable than mine. I have help several of my friends to cut too as they're too scared to do it

I love this. Well done.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyway, anyone stays Yishun or Sembawang wanna cut their normal sim
to micro-sim, do PM me. My micro-sim cutter has arrived and I had just
help a few friends to cut their sim for a modest small fee per card.

So, if you are scared to do yourself, let the cutter do the job.

BuddyBuddy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Technically possible, but they don't want to, except in your case. Pity they don't know how to be competitive against each other. Think of all those who are scared to cut sims moving to Green if they were the only ones to offer micro sims as multisims.

Apart from the Green, the other 2 telcos are offering multisim also.

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

don't knoe how to be competitive?
my take is, the gang up and cut we all like chop carrot head. :s13:

timtim

Reaction score
I got a new sim from SH, normal sim size but the chip is much smaller, so just need to cut the plastic and still have plenty of space before touch the chip. I believe all new sim will be of the new micro sim chip size.

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.