HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Dead pixel on iPad Pro 10.5

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2018, 05:50 PM   #1

Dead pixel on iPad Pro 10.5

Hi, I discovered there's a dead pixel on my iPad Pro 10.5. Bought it when it just came out in mid 2017 so it's already out of warranty. Has anyone tried going down to Apple store to get a free 1-to-1 replacement? What's Apple's policy on dead pixels?
Pherenike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 05:54 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

refer to this thread
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/i...h-5809443.html

Hi, I discovered there's a dead pixel on my iPad Pro 10.5. Bought it when it just came out in mid 2017 so it's already out of warranty. Has anyone tried going down to Apple store to get a free 1-to-1 replacement? What's Apple's policy on dead pixels?
Errz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 06:18 PM   #3
Master Member

White patch or dead pixel??
Got difference.

White patch means got 1 bright light like mine
Dead pixel means got 1 black dot there.

They will give you free 1 to 1 if your iPad is under warranty.
Otherwise you will have to pay $600+ for screen replacement.

Please note that you have to book appointment before going down. I went down yesterday without booking appointment as advised by Apple customer service and I got turned down. Instead they help me to make appointment at the apple store.

So Im going down next Tuesday to get my iPad replaced. Mine is bought May this year so stil under warranty.
Glariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 06:49 PM   #4

Thanks, read thru the thread. Seems like have to fork out $668 as warranty is over
Pherenike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2018, 03:46 PM   #5
Master Member

What you think ?
Harri83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.