HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Does Singtel think its customers are huge idiots waiting to be exploited?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2010, 06:19 PM   #1

Does Singtel think its customers are huge idiots waiting to be exploited?

So singtel is offering a microsim under its multi sim vas but the pricing is just ridiculous. $10 more a month for a microsim? Does the microsim even cost that much more? What are the true incremental costs of offering a microsim as opposed to a regular sim?

It's great that singtel is the first among all the telcos to offer this service to its customers. But at current prices, it's more like singtel is the most eager among all telcos to exploit its customers.

For me, singtel could have made an easy $5 a month from me for this multi sim vas. But no way I'm paying $15 for it just because it's a microsim. And i'm really angry that they even have the cheek to come up with such crap. When my plan expires next year, i'm moving to m1.
ZeroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

eh... wtf, monthly $16 extra just to use the micro sim? tats ridiculous....
not like they r giving extra benefits, they just wanna close the loophole over their ipad plans
Gilch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #3

No point complaining here. Better to write in to Straits Times instead and voice your concerns or start another Boycott Singtel campaign on Facebook.
Old 25-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #4

agree u shd write to ST Forum.

i already have nothing to do with SingTel.

for yrs, i hv been paying > $100/yr for a landline that i hardly use. now, i finally freed myself and gotten a free digital line from Starhub. similarly, i have moved my broadband from ADSL to cable. as for MioTV, it's a joke anyway
surefire888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 06:58 PM   #5

It's the same, everyone trying to make profit. Be it reasonable or not.
Old 25-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

it hard to be apple user
Old 25-07-2010, 08:34 PM   #7

Should write in to Starhub and m1 about this. Singtel will only listen after these two telco offer a reasonable package.
hokowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 08:35 PM   #8

What is reasonable to me is a one time charge when you first get the microsim. This charge can be higher than a normal sim and Singtel can use whatever reason it wants - scarce supply, new technology etc.

What is not reasonable is a higher monthly charge. What's the justification for that? It's the same technology as a normal mini sim. What exactly is the consumer paying more for?
NineNineNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #9
Honorary Member

So singtel is offering a microsim under its multi sim vas but the pricing is just ridiculous. $10 more a month for a microsim? Does the microsim even cost that much more? What are the true incremental costs of offering a microsim as opposed to a regular sim?

It's great that singtel is the first among all the telcos to offer this service to its customers. But at current prices, it's more like singtel is the most eager among all telcos to exploit its customers.

For me, singtel could have made an easy $5 a month from me for this multi sim vas. But no way I'm paying $15 for it just because it's a microsim. And i'm really angry that they even have the cheek to come up with such crap. When my plan expires next year, i'm moving to m1.
They are also treating customers like idiots with their inferior MioTV platform also, so nothing surprising here.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

Kiwi8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #10
Master Member

To the TS, no one forcing u to get microsim here, u can just cut the normal sim. Choice is urs, dunno wats the big deal here.
Old 25-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

their share are mostly owned by G!C/Tem@s!ck,
what u expect?
they just follow gov'men style only mah - suck u dry dry!
sevensomerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 10:25 PM   #12

To the TS, no one forcing u to get microsim here, u can just cut the normal sim. Choice is urs, dunno wats the big deal here.
Yup. But most likely current multiple sim users will be charged more when getting iPhone 4 since it only accepts the official micro sim.
hokowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 10:31 PM   #13

Can we complain to Ida?
tiewkiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #14

Everyone is ca$hing in on the iPad craze. Just look at how these so-called retailers are buying up stock in bulk and then selling them at a higher price? A much higher price, mind you.
BenAKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 11:15 PM   #15

Can we complain to Ida?
dun you think thats like complaining the son to his father meh
TioScapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.