HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Fierce 16GB WIFI out of stock in whole of singapore

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #31

Really depend on your needs

im also looking for an ipad... but i dun really knw if i shld get a wifi or 3G one...
superman888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #32

Really depend on your needs

well... it will mostly for reading (ebooks), games and surfing... dun hv to be surfing on the go thou...

or maybe i shld upgrade to the iphone 4 n use the personal hotspot function instead?
black_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #33

well... it will mostly for reading (ebooks), games and surfing... dun hv to be surfing on the go thou...

or maybe i shld upgrade to the iphone 4 n use the personal hotspot function instead?
it's do'able but if for prolong usage, might not be ideal. Rather you spend abit more than to spoil your iPhone faster.
Fantazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #34

it's do'able but if for prolong usage, might not be ideal. Rather you spend abit more than to spoil your iPhone faster.

alrite! shld listen to u then! hahaha
im still looking hard for a gd deal for a 2nd hand 16 or 32gb ipad
black_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 02:10 AM   #35
victorlht88

May I know where did you get Ipad 16GB Wifi for $400+, look like a good deal?
If inconvenienced, please PM me the details.
Don't be lazy n search the marketplace forums
Old 15-03-2011, 06:48 AM   #36

Wasn't there stock in Singapore apple store online purchase?
Old 15-03-2011, 10:44 PM   #37

You thought I never searched, if you can find one now at 400+, let me know.

Don't be lazy n search the marketplace forums
superman888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 10:48 PM   #38
High Supremacy Member

You thought I never searched, if you can find one now at 400+, let me know.
no more this range le,but if u ok ..get a new one and one year warranty too
fabianlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 11:40 PM   #39

C my earlier post below.

The difference between ipad 1 n ipad 2 is exactly US$100 so it should not be equal to S$200 unless Apple Singapore is profiteering. Dun forget that the US$ has dropped a lot since the ipad 1 was launched

Nonetheless, u may still find the US$100 discount attractive enough to opt for the ipad 1. Personally, the cameras r not imp to me but i like the slimmer profile n lighter weight. Also, if u r a keen gamer, u may find that certain demanding games play more smoothly on the ipad 2 bec of the better cpu n gpu. If u just use the ipad for work- related tasks n r not a hard-core gamer, i think the ipad 1 is more than adequate
Nothing to do with exchange rate. The 16GB wifi was selling in sg for S$728, now it's S$538 so it's S$190 cheaper.
Old 16-03-2011, 12:07 AM   #40

Nothing to do with exchange rate. The 16GB wifi was selling in sg for S$728, now it's S$538 so it's S$190 cheaper.
Lol! U mean your second statement is supposed to support your first statement?

Anyone with primary maths knows that $728 - $538 = $190.

You are confusing 2 different comparisons.

Of course, the current price of the ipad 1 is $190 cheaper than the old price. (And did u ask yourself why it is S$190 cheaper when in the US it is only US$100 cheaper? How can US$100 = S$190? )

What I am saying is that the ipad 2 will not be priced at S$728 because the exchange rate used is now different.

Previously, Apple Singapore priced the ipad at S$728 based on the US price of US$499. Now the price has been lowered to S$538 because the US price is now US$399.

S$728 / US$499 = 1.46

S$538 / US$399 = 1.35

For simplicity sake, i have ignored GST & profit markups. Since GST has not changed and assuming profit markups remain the same, it is obvious that consideration HAS been taken of the weaker US$ to arrive at the new S$ price.

Assuming the exchange rate remains at 1.35, the ipad 2 will be priced at S$674 instead of S$728. Of course, we can't predict what the actual exchange rate will be at the time of the ipad 2 launch in Singapore but there's a good chance that it will be lower than 1.46.

I am afraid that's the simplest I can make it. How old are u btw?

Last edited by surefire888; 16-03-2011 at 12:30 AM..
surefire888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 02:11 AM   #41
Master Member

I believe Surefire is right. I almost pulled the trigger on an ipad 1 before i thought about it and came to the same conclusion as he did.

Here is why i think the new ipad will not be priced the same as what the old ipad was

1) The new macbook pros came out at a reduced price. This was probably to reflect the change in exchange rate. the new price is about 15% less than the old price
2) The macbook airs had a recent price revision. Probably for the same reason. I don't know the exact percentage drop here but i am sure it was at least 10% less

Apple cannot let the old exchange rate apply because if they did, plenty of Singaporeans would just get their apple gear from a country where it is cheaper.

I have a strong feeling the ipad 2 will therefore follow suit when released here. The current 'discount' of $190 is based on the old ipad 1 price which is based on a ridiculous exchange rate.

Just my hunch and not 100%. My prediction is that the base model Ipad 2 will retail at about 675 bucks SGD which is about 90% of the ipad 1 base model original selling price to reflect current exchange rate conditions

I couldnt care less about the camera in the new version but for a price differential of probably about $150 only, or possibly less, i'd wait for the ipad 2 to take advantage of the slimmer profile/lighter weight and of course the improved processor/GPU which means better futureproofing. That additional 150 may buy you an additional year of use before obsolescence

Last edited by Crimson_FURY; 16-03-2011 at 02:14 AM..
Crimson_FURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 08:18 AM   #42

I believe Surefire is right. I almost pulled the trigger on an ipad 1 before i thought about it and came to the same conclusion as he did.

Here is why i think the new ipad will not be priced the same as what the old ipad was

1) The new macbook pros came out at a reduced price. This was probably to reflect the change in exchange rate. the new price is about 15% less than the old price
2) The macbook airs had a recent price revision. Probably for the same reason. I don't know the exact percentage drop here but i am sure it was at least 10% less

Apple cannot let the old exchange rate apply because if they did, plenty of Singaporeans would just get their apple gear from a country where it is cheaper.

I have a strong feeling the ipad 2 will therefore follow suit when released here. The current 'discount' of $190 is based on the old ipad 1 price which is based on a ridiculous exchange rate.

Just my hunch and not 100%. My prediction is that the base model Ipad 2 will retail at about 675 bucks SGD which is about 90% of the ipad 1 base model original selling price to reflect current exchange rate conditions

I couldnt care less about the camera in the new version but for a price differential of probably about $150 only, or possibly less, i'd wait for the ipad 2 to take advantage of the slimmer profile/lighter weight and of course the improved processor/GPU which means better futureproofing. That additional 150 may buy you an additional year of use before obsolescence
Your last paragraph sums it up perfectly.

Many people r rushing to buy the ipad 1 because they think the ipad 2 will be $190 more. Some may regret later to find that the difference is only ard $140. Its important that people bear this in mind when deciding whether to buy the ipad 1 or wait for the ipad 2.
surefire888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 09:49 AM   #43

I agree with u, if now ipad 2 16gb wifi selling US$499 at USA, mean x 1.35 = SG price? I dont think so, SG still will charge for the electronic's tax, shipping cost each. We also dont know what the price for ipad 2 in SG, but for me i feel will be S$7xx or S$6xx, whos know?
ic3rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #44

anyone know of any shops that still carry the 16gb wifi? other then the online apple store...
xKeithx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #45

all out of stock. have to settle for 32GB. even that, stock left very low.
junaidi.ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.