help needed: locked icloud

Jason_Seng

Reaction score
Hi, anyone out there has any solution to a locked icloud. Ipad belongs to me, but icloud account does not belong to me, stranger (used my ipad and) locked my ipad with his/her appleid. Contacted apple and eserv, both cant do anything. Any expert care to help?

cheesepies

Banned
Reaction score
why did u let a stranger use your ipad in the first place ?

if u have proof of purchase for the ipad....maybe u wanna try go back to the apple service centre and ask them to solve for u ?

cos it's not possible to unlock icloud or unlock the activation lock at the moment.

Jason_Seng

Reaction score
I didn't let a stranger do it, my dad did..

Anyway I brought the proof of purchase to service centre. They can't do it either.

trinex

Reaction score
How did that guy manage to put his icloud account in the first place? He will need your account password to remove the account followed by putting his account in and verifying his email...

Conan1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn't let a stranger do it, my dad did..

Anyway I brought the proof of purchase to service centre. They can't do it either.

well, if you have the proof of purchase and box, you can try calling Apple and tell them that you absolutely have ways to prove that you are the rightful owner as you have the box, receipt, etc, and persuade them to allow a 1-1 exchange.

I'm pretty sure that the iPad is locked for good

trinex

Reaction score

Jason_Seng

Reaction score
Haha! Thanks guys, I just sent apple an email telling them im damn disappointed and never will I use apple again if they don't do something..

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
wa i didn't set up this .... in fact didn't plan to have iCloud acc... deleted off after getting my contacts moved over... but i think i might have to install before someone else do it for me. :s22::s22::s22:

mOomOo

Reaction score
TS what happen in the end?

man my mil just throw me her ipad air, ask me set up... but say she forget the password... *faint* and it's activation locked. somemore linked to ***@icloud.com. know the email linked. but the password dunno...

think she go sign up icloud. ... piang

security qn birthday also never set to her birthday ... wah liao.. how

GoToSea

Reaction score
the mistakes are 3 folds:
1. TS never set iCloud password or in this case even worse, removed it. (why remove?)
2. TS' father let stranger filled in the icloud (for what purpose borrow and need to put in icloud?)
3. the stranger never removed after (troll)

freddychin

Reaction score
Haha! Thanks guys, I just sent apple an email telling them im damn disappointed and never will I use apple again if they don't do something..

A saying goes by - A bad workman quarrel with his tools

Ownself screwup and cockup but do not blame himself but blame Apple

Tackle the root cause for the cause of unhappiness

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.