HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

How to improve the feeling of Apple Pencil on iPad Pro screen?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2018, 10:16 AM   #1

Question How to improve the feeling of Apple Pencil on iPad Pro screen?

Shortly after getting my iPad Pro 11” and Apple Pencil 2, I realize it is terribly slippery to use the Apple Pencil to draw on iPad. It is nothing near to a real pencil on real paper. I invested so much money into the iPad and the Pencil just to draw digital pictures there, so it is really heartbreaking for me

Can those who often draw on iPad Pro with Apple Pencil help to share how you address this slippery issue? From google, the solution I found is to use a matte screen protector, but such kinds give the paper-like feeling also unavoidably distort how the screen looks, so I am really stuck.
EthanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:58 AM   #2

Shortly after getting my iPad Pro 11” and Apple Pencil 2, I realize it is terribly slippery to use the Apple Pencil to draw on iPad. It is nothing near to a real pencil on real paper. I invested so much money into the iPad and the Pencil just to draw digital pictures there, so it is really heartbreaking for me

Can those who often draw on iPad Pro with Apple Pencil help to share how you address this slippery issue? From google, the solution I found is to use a matte screen protector, but such kinds give the paper-like feeling also unavoidably distort how the screen looks, so I am really stuck.
I have been drawing using apple pencil and the previous ipad pro 12.9" from day 1. There's no slippery issue and it draws well. I believe you are not into illustrating hence you feel that is just drawing digitally. For most user on desktop they will wacom tablet and now this ipad is combining the tablet into the pad, i dont see nor feel anything wrong with it.

I think that the pencil is not for you, do refund while you can
Old 12-11-2018, 11:31 AM   #3

I have known of a friend that has gotten a matte screen protector for his iPad instead of the normal tempered glass/screen protector.

Tried writing on it, though it still feels slippery only on the Apple Pencil, but the matte finish feels like a piece of paper.
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:34 PM   #4

I have known of a friend that has gotten a matte screen protector for his iPad instead of the normal tempered glass/screen protector.

Tried writing on it, though it still feels slippery only on the Apple Pencil, but the matte finish feels like a piece of paper.
Does the screen still look good with the matte protector?
EthanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:26 PM   #5
Master Member

Does the screen still look good with the matte protector?
Matte screen protector is going to affect the sharpness and vibrancy very slightly. I use one too, and it's worth the compromise since I like the paper-like feel when drawing. Also, the non-glossy surface does not pick up fingerprints that easily.
Parka is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.