HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

iBook workaround.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #16

I bought the Jobs biography (digital version) on Amazon, and it was delivered to my Kindle app on the iPad. Can try it if u prefer to use your S'pore credit card instead of iTunes gift card on iBooks.
kenzone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #17
Master Member

I bought the Jobs biography (digital version) on Amazon, and it was delivered to my Kindle app on the iPad. Can try it if u prefer to use your S'pore credit card instead of iTunes gift card on iBooks.
AFAIK, Amazon's kindle bookstore is not available for SG. How did you manage to buy it? Via a VPN/Proxy service?

iBook requires a US fund source but no requirements on IP. Kindle requires an US/UK IP address but no requirements on fund sources. We have to pick the lesser of the 2 evils.
Epee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #18

AFAIK, Amazon's kindle bookstore is not available for SG. How did you manage to buy it? Via a VPN/Proxy service?

iBook requires a US fund source but no requirements on IP. Kindle requires an US/UK IP address but no requirements on fund sources. We have to pick the lesser of the 2 evils.
So far I've had no problems with my Amazon e-book purchases, though I did hear of some people saying Amazon tracks your downloads to see if u are on a US network. I don't use a VPN service currently. But what u wld need is to open a US iTunes account (to download the Kindle app which is not available in SG app store) AND ALSO put down a US address (can use the same one in the US iTunes account) as your default address in your Amazon account. I have two addresses in my Amazon account, one US and one S'pore, depending on what I'm buying. But I pay for everything using my S'pore credit card. I prefer to buy digital books using my credit card on my Amazon account to deliver to the Kindle app, rather than through gift cards on my US iTunes account for iBooks app, but both work equally well. Depends on your preference.
kenzone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #19
Master Member

So far I've had no problems with my Amazon e-book purchases, though I did hear of some people saying Amazon tracks your downloads to see if u are on a US network. I don't use a VPN service currently. But what u wld need is to open a US iTunes account (to download the Kindle app which is not available in SG app store) AND ALSO put down a US address (can use the same one in the US iTunes account) as your default address in your Amazon account. I have two addresses in my Amazon account, one US and one S'pore, depending on what I'm buying. But I pay for everything using my S'pore credit card. I prefer to buy digital books using my credit card on my Amazon account to deliver to the Kindle app, rather than through gift cards on my US iTunes account for iBooks app, but both work equally well. Depends on your preference.
I think you're right. I'm able to 'buy' and download books with my SG credit card on file. Looks like I no longer need my VPN service
Epee is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.