HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

ipad air 2 faulty screen bought from istudio - now they don't want to care less than 24 hours

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #1

ipad air 2 faulty screen bought from istudio - now they don't want to care less than 24 hours

Just bought an ipad air 2 cellular 128gb from istudio at plaza sing. The guy opened the box for me to check the ipad exterior. Did not switch on the ipad.

When I got home, switched it on and found either dust under the screen or dead pixels.... On max brightness, few (>10) pixels missing. When off, can see some dust/defect on the same area.

I promptly called istudio up and was told to go service centre as they checked it already and basically wash their hands off it.

What crap customer service is this? ipad sold was faulty and I called less than 24 hours and they said not their problem.

This is NOT how customer service should work in Singapore... especially in this day and age. They should provide one to one exchange like how a real apple store would if they want to call themselves a "premium reseller".

Really unhappy about this. Anyone else had similar experience? How was it resolved? I don't want a refurbished set. I want a brand new one. Apple is usually good with these sort of things.
penyekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2014, 11:10 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

This may help you to pursue a claim against them. Read especially qn10.
https://www.case.org.sg/pdf/Lemon%20Law%20FAQs.pdf
camoguysg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2014, 11:12 PM   #3
Master Member

That's what you get from purchasing from our local authorized resellers, shitty after sales service. I've seen customers with brand new Apple stuff spoilt, reseller push them to service center, they go there make hell lot of noise but end up still get back a refurb set.

Next time buy direct from Apple, tell your friends and relatives too.
crystalnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2014, 11:27 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

ipad air 2 when playing video with music..

the set actually vibrates due to the sound bass..

wonder can we return and take full refund?
Rxgn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 12:25 AM   #5
Master Member

ipad air 2 when playing video with music..

the set actually vibrates due to the sound bass..

wonder can we return and take full refund?
You can try and keep us updated here!

After all, this problem that you mentioned also affect the iPad Air and I can tell you that since I own both...

Last edited by N3wXTyp3; 29-12-2014 at 12:33 AM..
N3wXTyp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 12:31 AM   #6
Master Member

Just bought an ipad air 2 cellular 128gb from istudio at plaza sing. The guy opened the box for me to check the ipad exterior. Did not switch on the ipad.

When I got home, switched it on and found either dust under the screen or dead pixels.... On max brightness, few (>10) pixels missing. When off, can see some dust/defect on the same area.

I promptly called istudio up and was told to go service centre as they checked it already and basically wash their hands off it.

What crap customer service is this? ipad sold was faulty and I called less than 24 hours and they said not their problem.

This is NOT how customer service should work in Singapore... especially in this day and age. They should provide one to one exchange like how a real apple store would if they want to call themselves a "premium reseller".

Really unhappy about this. Anyone else had similar experience? How was it resolved? I don't want a refurbished set. I want a brand new one. Apple is usually good with these sort of things.
You are super suay lei, I think first you can lodge a complaint to apple and also contact the service center. See what is their reply.

Normally, I prefer to buy from Shop because I would open and test on the spot. If problem exist, I would reject it.

This may help you to pursue a claim against them. Read especially qn10.
https://www.case.org.sg/pdf/Lemon%20Law%20FAQs.pdf
Very grey area and not sure can use or not.

That's what you get from purchasing from our local authorized resellers, shitty after sales service. I've seen customers with brand new Apple stuff spoilt, reseller push them to service center, they go there make hell lot of noise but end up still get back a refurb set.

Next time buy direct from Apple, tell your friends and relatives too.
Plus and minus. Anyway who and wherever you buy from, it is still from Apple unless yourself export from elsewhere not via SG web or shop. then really LLST.
Old 29-12-2014, 08:30 AM   #7

Plus and minus. Anyway who and wherever you buy from, it is still from Apple unless yourself export from elsewhere not via SG web or shop. then really LLST.
You missed the point of crystalnox's post.

For purchase from online AppleStore, you can log a legitimate complain for a defective product delivered and have it returned & get them to send you a new set. Not a refurbished set.
Old 29-12-2014, 08:55 AM   #8
Master Member

For purchase from online AppleStore, you can log a legitimate complain for a defective product delivered and have it returned & get them to send you a new set. Not a refurbished set.
Yea, and within 14 days you can return and exchange until you happy with your set, they will pick up and delivery to your doorstep.
N3wXTyp3 likes this.
Old 29-12-2014, 08:59 AM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

OP have u tried calling apple directly? they should b able to work something out for u.
szeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #10
Master Member

Bosses, I was referring to stores outside Singapore (That including web store)
Old 29-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #11
Master Member

Yea, and within 14 days you can return and exchange until you happy with your set, they will pick up and delivery to your doorstep.
Is very good service!
Old 29-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #12
Master Member

Bosses, I was referring to stores outside Singapore (That including web store)
The web store is considered a local store(.sg), they will only ship to sg and charge in sgd. Sure an Apple product bought from anyone is still from Apple, but we're talking about cutting out the middle man, which is the authorised retailer.

Buying from the link below ensures you're buying directly from Apple. Any issues from day one, you deal only with Apple, not some commission hungry salesman who doesn't give a damn after you hand over the money.

Apple Store Singapore
Old 29-12-2014, 04:56 PM   #13
Master Member

The web store is considered a local store(.sg), they will only ship to sg and charge in sgd. Sure an Apple product bought from anyone is still from Apple, but we're talking about cutting out the middle man, which is the authorised retailer.

Buying from the link below ensures you're buying directly from Apple. Any issues from day one, you deal only with Apple, not some commission hungry salesman who doesn't give a damn after you hand over the money.

Apple Store Singapore
Forget about my previous sentence since my poor command of language is causing misunderstandings ><'''

So far my experience with direct stores was good. Both my iPad Air and Air 2 was purchased from the same store and we went through all the checks before I siamelogy.

Honestly, it was the first time I heard about such a bad QC Apple product.

Most of the time is maybe 1 or 2 dead/stuck pixel.

To be real honest here, I feel more kan chiong buying other brands than Apple LOL especially QC related...

AIR 2 screen was the first fused to the panel for the zero gap between screen and panel.

Normally, if problem exist, I will just send a ticket to Apple and get them to assist on the matter!

I hope TS can resolved real quick and take down who he has spoken to for record purposes.
Old 29-12-2014, 10:37 PM   #14
Supremacy Member

ordered on last wed @ apple online, received on last fri.. tested on last fri night then found out the vibration.. tried to call hotline but they are closed..

called them today and managed to get a full refund with they coming to collect from me on this wed. no restocking fee..
Rxgn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 10:53 PM   #15
Master Member

ordered on last wed @ apple online, received on last fri.. tested on last fri night then found out the vibration.. tried to call hotline but they are closed..

called them today and managed to get a full refund with they coming to collect from me on this wed. no restocking fee..
Why refund? Ask them to replace, they will replace witha new set.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.