HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

iPad Air 2 Screen issues

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2014, 03:24 PM   #31

Yes keep telling urself its not defect.. That shall make u feel better.
IMO, its design flaw.
Old 27-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #32

I have personally tested the Air 2 sound/vibration. Though I felt the vibration, IMHO, it's not a defect and since I use headset mostly, its a non issue.

As for the spot appearing on the screen while holding at the lower right side of the iPad, it does happen. And IMHO it's not a defect. It's due to the design. Since I use case on the iPad, this is also a non issue.

I suppose it's really to each his own. For those who are bothered, then, perhaps Air 2 it's not for you.
Yes I agree, since I am using it with a case...not an issue for me too.
kalasala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #33

is anyone returned your ipad?
kent_kinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2014, 09:33 PM   #34

Returning mine
Actually, I opt for replacement. The anti-reflective coating on mine has peeled off. I thought it was oil spits, yet it still persist when i tried to clean them.

Here's one spot of them (see the dots around the light reflections). There three more scattered around the screen, even the white bezel does have them.

Last edited by frekedech; 27-10-2014 at 09:36 PM..
frekedech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #35

Bro, how cum ur eyes so steady ah?
Old 28-10-2014, 01:10 AM   #36

Bro, how cum ur eyes so steady ah?
No lha... Clean the screen and you can see this under strong light or sun.
frekedech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2014, 09:21 AM   #37

I am going for a replacement cos of the distortion issues. Want to see if the replacement set also suffer from this problem.
shadez9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #38
Master Member

I am going for a replacement cos of the distortion issues. Want to see if the replacement set also suffer from this problem.
I support you fully on getting replacement and get the best display that you can possibly have. But...I tried to check the distortion problem in 3 apple stores already...seems like all have leh. One is more prominent than the others but all can see when you shake the ipad while holding with right hand.
addictzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #39

I support you fully on getting replacement and get the best display that you can possibly have. But...I tried to check the distortion problem in 3 apple stores already...seems like all have leh. One is more prominent than the others but all can see when you shake the ipad while holding with right hand.
Yah, I also tested a few demo sets from various stores. Agree all have this issue but its the degree of "severity". Hopefully this new set will not distort so much.
Old 30-10-2014, 08:23 AM   #40

So got a replacement set and the new set is so much better - no distortion unless I press really really hard. But alas! There is a speck of dust under the screen! Sigh can't have the perfect one... Not sure if I want to get another replacement.. What do you guys think?
Old 30-10-2014, 11:45 AM   #41

So got a replacement set and the new set is so much better - no distortion unless I press really really hard. But alas! There is a speck of dust under the screen! Sigh can't have the perfect one... Not sure if I want to get another replacement.. What do you guys think?
If its a tiny speck I'd ignore it...
godslayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2014, 10:42 PM   #42

Does anyone screen goes blank when scrolling certain pages? Mine does. I need to lift my finger for the page to load.
Greatsolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #43
Arch-Supremacy Member

Tried the iPad 2 demo set at Nubox CWP. While the distortion does not appear when holding it normally, it appeared when i applied minimal pressure on the back. Think I'll stick to the iPad Air 1 which does not exhibit this issue
Old 01-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #44
Supremacy Member

Just got my air 2, been using it for a day. Dont see any screen distortion from the way i hold the device.

The vibration from the speakers is really strong though
Old 01-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #45

Tried the iPad 2 demo set at Nubox CWP. While the distortion does not appear when holding it normally, it appeared when i applied minimal pressure on the back. Think I'll stick to the iPad Air 1 which does not exhibit this issue
IMHO its not a big issue.

I've tested the one at Nubox and the blue blotch does appear. I recently bought one on Wed (pre-installed IOS 8.1) and tested it in front of CSO. The blotch didnt appear that easily as the demo unit. I tested it again at home. I had to deliberately shake it up and down for it to appear. If used normally, it doesnt appear at all.

It's probably due to the slim design that this blue blotch are more prone to appear when pressed deliberately (from back cover) or shaken hard.

Its really to each his own.

As for me, I am now enjoying my new Air 2 with no problem with the "Vibration" or the "Screen" issues. Its just like my new iPhone 6+. No problem with the "bendgate" issue.

As everyone can see from the vastly successful sales in many countries, these so-called issues are really non-issue.

If you really want it, go for it. If you have reasons not to, then, don't.
ceecookie likes this.
Sebbyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.