HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

iPad Air 2 vs iPad Air

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2014, 11:41 PM   #31
Supremacy Member

currently having iPad mini 1st gen.
planning to sell it. not sure if i should get iPad mini 2 or iPad air 2.

anyone can advice?
As a iPad Mini 1st gen user myself... I would go for Air 2...

And I'll go for Wifi because I realized that I've not been really using the 3G/LTE.

It'll probably be a workhorse for me in video/photos editing...

And oh yes... if the Air 2 ever lands on my hands... this would probably be the first iPad I've own that I would not put screen protectors on it...
Why would I want to increase the reflection on this beautiful designed screen?

And based on my experience on iPad's screen... it's pretty durable... plus it would be in a decent case plus cover...
(Official 蔡佩璇 aka 肉骨妹 Fan Club, #7 Member)

Last edited by layzibum22; 17-10-2014 at 11:44 PM..
layzibum22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2014, 08:41 AM   #32
Master Member

1. If you really need the processor and graphics speed bump, then go for it. I believe iPad Air's power is still ok in terms of majority app performance. I can still play a 15GB-file Full HD MKV movie - no lags.

2. 34 grams diff, not much, IMO.

3. Gold? I like the color, but not enough for me to upgrade.

4. Camera? If you got an iPhone 5 or better, then may not warrant an upgrade too, yah?

5. Touch Id. Ah, this one I want. But can still manage entering passwords ;-)

6. Current investment on iPad Air - Glass screen protector (cost me a bomb, casing (Apple Leather case, pretty pricey too), sleeve (iPad Air 2 can fit but may be loose)

For me, I'll skip this one. Will wait for the jump on the specs for iPad Air 3 (if they call it like that).

Same situation; not worth to upgrade for me too since I use my Air for web surfing and the occasional youtube.

Waiting for the specs of the next bigger screen ipad.
dreamer_toons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2014, 11:07 AM   #33

My iPad 4 can't start up, so am looking to get the iPad Air 2. Question is when it will be available?
bro.. hoot first..

my apple store Air 2 Gold 128GB Wifi + 4G ETA: 24-28 Oct delivery.
SimonLam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2014, 11:08 AM   #34

1. If you really need the processor and graphics speed bump, then go for it. I believe iPad Air's power is still ok in terms of majority app performance. I can still play a 15GB-file Full HD MKV movie - no lags.

2. 34 grams diff, not much, IMO.

3. Gold? I like the color, but not enough for me to upgrade.

4. Camera? If you got an iPhone 5 or better, then may not warrant an upgrade too, yah?

5. Touch Id. Ah, this one I want. But can still manage entering passwords ;-)

6. Current investment on iPad Air - Glass screen protector (cost me a bomb, casing (Apple Leather case, pretty pricey too), sleeve (iPad Air 2 can fit but may be loose)

For me, I'll skip this one. Will wait for the jump on the specs for iPad Air 3 (if they call it like that).
iPad Air 3? Oct 2015.
SimonLam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #35
Master Member

As a iPad Mini 1st gen user myself... I would go for Air 2...

And I'll go for Wifi because I realized that I've not been really using the 3G/LTE.

It'll probably be a workhorse for me in video/photos editing...

And oh yes... if the Air 2 ever lands on my hands... this would probably be the first iPad I've own that I would not put screen protectors on it...
Why would I want to increase the reflection on this beautiful designed screen?

And based on my experience on iPad's screen... it's pretty durable... plus it would be in a decent case plus cover...
Why not install a glossy screen protector? it would still make the colors pop out.
addictzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #36

time to upgrade my old ipad 2! lol
wanfei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2014, 08:07 PM   #37

ipad air 2 Silver 16G wifi only

Selling ipad air 2 Silver 16G wifi only. SGD600.Brand New sealed, won company lucky draw.

message to 9two47six794
nyanthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2014, 09:01 AM   #38
Supremacy Member

I also upgraded to the Air 2 from the iPad 2. Wife got the Mini 3 hehe
time to upgrade my old ipad 2! lol
discoburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #39

I will skip this upgrade. Still believe my current ipad air can still serve me well. Not really a graphics intense user for games or doing anything that can use up alot of ram on my ipad.

Weight issue doesnt matter much since mine is always in casing

Camera functions wise my 6 plus or dslr can compensate for it. Megapixels is juz a number not an improvement to the quality of pics taken

Touch id is nice to have not a necessity imo. Same like color.

Also invested quite a sum of money for casings/sp/ tempered glass for ipad air so it will be a waste if i upgrade again

Will wait for nxt gen to upgrade
I'm using iPad Air as well. Decided to not upgrade this year and wait for next year's iPad Air 3, as my Air is still running like a champ from Air to Air 3 will be a bigger jump.

I'm hoping for them to increase the screen resolution and maybe introduce a 256GB storage option. But I guess if you are shopping for a tablet this season, you might as well go for Air2. It costs more, but has better specifications than the Air. I hear that the increase to 2GB RAM has greatly reduced app refresh rates and page reload in Safari.
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2014, 02:03 PM   #40
Master Member

I'm using iPad Air as well. Decided to not upgrade this year and wait for next year's iPad Air 3, as my Air is still running like a champ from Air to Air 3 will be a bigger jump.

I'm hoping for them to increase the screen resolution and maybe introduce a 256GB storage option. But I guess if you are shopping for a tablet this season, you might as well go for Air2. It costs more, but has better specifications than the Air. I hear that the increase to 2GB RAM has greatly reduced app refresh rates and page reload in Safari.
Due to some unfortunate event, I moved up from AIR to AIR 2 and I can say this.

The 2GB RAM and buffed up GPU really helps but then if you talk about cost to cost in ROI.

AIR to AIR 2 is not worth it because most of the apps are still built towards older specifications hardware!

Yes the APP refresh is really much better and honest A8X chip responds much faster (That was a full restore from my AIR image to AIR 2) My AIR 2 shuts down way way faster than AIR!

But to normal usage no different unless for the stupid APP refresh
Old 26-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #41
Arch-Supremacy Member

Was using iPad 2, upgraded to iPad Air 2 64GB Silver.. Major performance upgrade, nice screen, much lighter and slimmer, more viewable screen area, no regrets. Great xmas gift for myself
straweffigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2015, 12:50 AM   #42
Master Member

more viewable screen area
No. You're dreaming.

The screen is sharper, but it is not larger. It has always been 9.7" on full-sized iPads.
masotime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2015, 02:01 PM   #43
Master Member

No. You're dreaming.

The screen is sharper, but it is not larger. It has always been 9.7" on full-sized iPads.
If better viewing angles maybe because of the zero gap display between the screen and glass.
Old 19-01-2015, 03:39 PM   #44
Master Member

dunoe whether to get ipad air 2 or ipad air sia... using 6+ now. like a bit redundant. but if got 6+, ipad, mba, like an ecosystem. shiok!
Mr. Bushido likes this.
swgj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 02:50 PM   #45

dunoe whether to get ipad air 2 or ipad air sia... using 6+ now. like a bit redundant. but if got 6+, ipad, mba, like an ecosystem. shiok!
I'm currently using a Redmi Note 4G as my daily driver and I still use my iPad Air and Xiaomi MiPad a lot.

Usage wise, no change from when I used my One M8 as daily driver. I still prefer tablets for web surfing, reading, news, etc. Even though the screen on the Redmi Note is 0.5" bigger than the M8, I find I use it the same amount. But it is definitely more pleasurable when I don't have my tablet and have to use my phone to web surf and read.

Last edited by Mr. Bushido; 21-01-2015 at 02:54 PM..
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.