www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   The iPad Sanctum (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ipad-sanctum-311/)
-   -   Ipad air 3 vs pro 11" (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ipad-sanctum-311/ipad-air-3-vs-pro-11-a-6040565.html)

angelsNdemonx 07-05-2019 07:39 PM

Ipad air 3 vs pro 11"

Iím deciding between the iPad Air 3 or the latest iPad Pro 11Ē. Will go for wifi + 4g, 256gb on either one.

Using for note taking (def getting the pencil) , viewing of ppt / PDF and netflix, maybe light gaming.

Which one should I go for? Iím pretty sure the iPad Air 3 is sufficient but the pro looks good with the face unlock and no home button which Iím used to on my xs max. :s13:

Worth the 400+ difference?

mrbunglez 07-05-2019 10:34 PM

I had the same conclusion as you and deliberated for awhile. Finally decided on the iPad Pro just because I like the design. Donít want to have regrets after getting the air and realizing the design is a bit sian and no Face ID. Receiving it tomorrow!

bodohboy 07-05-2019 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsNdemonx (Post 120663261)
Iím deciding between the iPad Air 3 or the latest iPad Pro 11Ē. Will go for wifi + 4g, 256gb on either one.

Using for note taking (def getting the pencil) , viewing of ppt / PDF and netflix, maybe light gaming.

Which one should I go for? Iím pretty sure the iPad Air 3 is sufficient but the pro looks good with the face unlock and no home button which Iím used to on my xs max. :s13:

Have you considered the 2017 iPad Pro? Although it has an older processor? The performance boost is really negligible with your usage. And it has 120hz refresh rate!

jk_eugenetay 08-05-2019 08:50 AM

actually I’m in the same dilemma as you. But I’m leaning towards iPad Air, because the difference can buy me Apple Pencil, a new AirPods, and maybe a case. Currently using iPad Pro 9.7 though. Yeah, the iPad Pro 11 design is more of an eye candy...? I can live without it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsNdemonx (Post 120663261)
I’m deciding between the iPad Air 3 or the latest iPad Pro 11”. Will go for wifi + 4g, 256gb on either one.

Which one should I go for? I’m pretty sure the iPad Air 3 is sufficient but the pro looks good with the face unlock and no home button which I’m used to on my xs max. :s13:

foxriver 08-05-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jk_eugenetay (Post 120671567)
actually I’m in the same dilemma as you. But I’m leaning towards iPad Air, because the difference can buy me Apple Pencil, a new AirPods, and maybe a case. Currently using iPad Pro 9.7 though. Yeah, the iPad Pro 11 design is more of an eye candy...? I can live without it.

Yah sia the difference can get you pencil, AirPods and spare change to get sp and case. Pencil 1 also $50 cheaper than 2.

jk_eugenetay 08-05-2019 10:00 PM

What do you think of refurbished iPad Pro 10.5 2017 vs iPad Air 10.5 2019? Is it worth going back 2 generations to gain stereo speaker and ProMotion?

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxriver (Post 120672129)
Yah sia the difference can get you pencil, AirPods and spare change to get sp and case. Pencil 1 also $50 cheaper than 2.

*adiBOY 10-05-2019 09:53 AM

For your usage, I don't think you'll need A12 at the moment.

The A10X is still a very powerful processor which can accomplished most of the task you have listed. Unless you are a video editor it will be good to go for the A12X.

The 120Hz ProMotion display makes a difference in using the pencil as it will give you more accuracy and also much lower latency.

Quad-speakers are also much louder and more punchy in the bass which will be much better for games and movies.

You can still get a almost new or refurbished iPad Pro 10.5" at around SG$500 which is of superb value.

But take not that with the upcoming iOS 13, new features might only be limited to new hardware although you can expect performance improvement across all supported devices in terms of performance.

With all things said, if you have the budget, always go for the latest product available.

foxriver 10-05-2019 10:39 AM

Where can I get iPad Pro 10.5 for $500+ new / refurb? I see used ones on carousel at least 7 - 900, brand new one about 1.2k...

Quote:

Originally Posted by *adiBOY (Post 120708419)
For your usage, I don't think you'll need A12 at the moment.

The A10X is still a very powerful processor which can accomplished most of the task you have listed. Unless you are a video editor it will be good to go for the A12X.

The 120Hz ProMotion display makes a difference in using the pencil as it will give you more accuracy and also much lower latency.

Quad-speakers are also much louder and more punchy in the bass which will be much better for games and movies.

You can still get a almost new or refurbished iPad Pro 10.5" at around SG$500 which is of superb value.

But take not that with the upcoming iOS 13, new features might only be limited to new hardware although you can expect performance improvement across all supported devices in terms of performance.

With all things said, if you have the budget, always go for the latest product available.

alphau 27-06-2019 09:42 AM

Dilemma.

First gen Apple Pencil vs second gen, apart from compatibility issue, magnetic and charging features, got what other difference?

foxriver 27-06-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphau (Post 121469373)
Dilemma.

First gen Apple Pencil vs second gen, apart from compatibility issue, magnetic and charging features, got what other difference?

Slightly shorter and less heavy than the pencil 1 imo, and can double tap to switch between eraser / pen or last used tool.

Magnetic charging alone is a huge plus, dont have to plug the pencil to the ipad

unknownidt 01-07-2019 11:29 AM

Hi All. Sorry to resurrect this tread.

I am considering this now. However, I am wondering if Ipad Pro 2017 10.5" is also affected by "Bendgate"? Does anyone knows?

I think some of the member has mentioned about Refurbished set from Apple and I personally think it's a good idea.

One of my other concern is, What are the chances that Apple decides to stop the IOs support for Ipad Pro? Sure, I am seeing that Ipad Pro 1st Gen (which is like almost 4 years already) is still being supported.

I saw on youtube that some of the reviewers are recommending Ipad Pro 10.5" over Ipad Air 3rd Gen. Thus the above question.

If someone can provide more insight, that will be great. Thanks.

Glariel 01-07-2019 01:04 PM

If you want future proof iOS update go for the Air 3. If you care about performance , go for Air 3 too, the Air 3 opens app faster than iPad Pro 2017.

The iPad Pro 2017 10.5 is better in every way than the Air 3 in terms of display, camera, graphics performance, have 4 speakers. If you are one who play game or watch movie then go for iPad Pro 2017. Not that the A12 will lag. I haven’t got the Air 3 yet, but I have the iPad Pro 2017.

The iPad Pro has Pro motion while Air 3 doesn’t have. You may want to take note of that too.

The iPad Pro 10.5 is using A10X chip while the Air 3 uses A12 chip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unknownidt (Post 121530333)
Hi All. Sorry to resurrect this tread.

I am considering this now. However, I am wondering if Ipad Pro 2017 10.5" is also affected by "Bendgate"? Does anyone knows?

I think some of the member has mentioned about Refurbished set from Apple and I personally think it's a good idea.

One of my other concern is, What are the chances that Apple decides to stop the IOs support for Ipad Pro? Sure, I am seeing that Ipad Pro 1st Gen (which is like almost 4 years already) is still being supported.

I saw on youtube that some of the reviewers are recommending Ipad Pro 10.5" over Ipad Air 3rd Gen. Thus the above question.

If someone can provide more insight, that will be great. Thanks.

unknownidt 02-07-2019 11:11 AM

Thanks for the recommendation.

I know what to consider already. Thanks.