Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ipad air 3 vs pro 11"

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By foxriver

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2019, 07:39 PM   #1
Master Member

Ipad air 3 vs pro 11"

Iím deciding between the iPad Air 3 or the latest iPad Pro 11Ē. Will go for wifi + 4g, 256gb on either one.

Using for note taking (def getting the pencil) , viewing of ppt / PDF and netflix, maybe light gaming.

Which one should I go for? Iím pretty sure the iPad Air 3 is sufficient but the pro looks good with the face unlock and no home button which Iím used to on my xs max.

Worth the 400+ difference?
angelsNdemonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:34 PM   #2

I had the same conclusion as you and deliberated for awhile. Finally decided on the iPad Pro just because I like the design. Donít want to have regrets after getting the air and realizing the design is a bit sian and no Face ID. Receiving it tomorrow!
mrbunglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:59 PM   #3

Iím deciding between the iPad Air 3 or the latest iPad Pro 11Ē. Will go for wifi + 4g, 256gb on either one.

Using for note taking (def getting the pencil) , viewing of ppt / PDF and netflix, maybe light gaming.

Which one should I go for? Iím pretty sure the iPad Air 3 is sufficient but the pro looks good with the face unlock and no home button which Iím used to on my xs max.

Have you considered the 2017 iPad Pro? Although it has an older processor? The performance boost is really negligible with your usage. And it has 120hz refresh rate!
bodohboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:50 AM   #4

actually I’m in the same dilemma as you. But I’m leaning towards iPad Air, because the difference can buy me Apple Pencil, a new AirPods, and maybe a case. Currently using iPad Pro 9.7 though. Yeah, the iPad Pro 11 design is more of an eye candy...? I can live without it.

I’m deciding between the iPad Air 3 or the latest iPad Pro 11”. Will go for wifi + 4g, 256gb on either one.

Which one should I go for? I’m pretty sure the iPad Air 3 is sufficient but the pro looks good with the face unlock and no home button which I’m used to on my xs max.

jk_eugenetay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:26 AM   #5

actually I’m in the same dilemma as you. But I’m leaning towards iPad Air, because the difference can buy me Apple Pencil, a new AirPods, and maybe a case. Currently using iPad Pro 9.7 though. Yeah, the iPad Pro 11 design is more of an eye candy...? I can live without it.
Yah sia the difference can get you pencil, AirPods and spare change to get sp and case. Pencil 1 also $50 cheaper than 2.
foxriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 10:00 PM   #6

What do you think of refurbished iPad Pro 10.5 2017 vs iPad Air 10.5 2019? Is it worth going back 2 generations to gain stereo speaker and ProMotion?

Yah sia the difference can get you pencil, AirPods and spare change to get sp and case. Pencil 1 also $50 cheaper than 2.
jk_eugenetay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:53 AM   #7
Supremacy Member

For your usage, I don't think you'll need A12 at the moment.

The A10X is still a very powerful processor which can accomplished most of the task you have listed. Unless you are a video editor it will be good to go for the A12X.

The 120Hz ProMotion display makes a difference in using the pencil as it will give you more accuracy and also much lower latency.

Quad-speakers are also much louder and more punchy in the bass which will be much better for games and movies.

You can still get a almost new or refurbished iPad Pro 10.5" at around SG$500 which is of superb value.

But take not that with the upcoming iOS 13, new features might only be limited to new hardware although you can expect performance improvement across all supported devices in terms of performance.

With all things said, if you have the budget, always go for the latest product available.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:39 AM   #8

Where can I get iPad Pro 10.5 for $500+ new / refurb? I see used ones on carousel at least 7 - 900, brand new one about 1.2k...

For your usage, I don't think you'll need A12 at the moment.

The A10X is still a very powerful processor which can accomplished most of the task you have listed. Unless you are a video editor it will be good to go for the A12X.

The 120Hz ProMotion display makes a difference in using the pencil as it will give you more accuracy and also much lower latency.

Quad-speakers are also much louder and more punchy in the bass which will be much better for games and movies.

You can still get a almost new or refurbished iPad Pro 10.5" at around SG$500 which is of superb value.

But take not that with the upcoming iOS 13, new features might only be limited to new hardware although you can expect performance improvement across all supported devices in terms of performance.

With all things said, if you have the budget, always go for the latest product available.
Old 27-06-2019, 09:42 AM   #9

Dilemma.

First gen Apple Pencil vs second gen, apart from compatibility issue, magnetic and charging features, got what other difference?
alphau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 01:42 PM   #10

Dilemma.

First gen Apple Pencil vs second gen, apart from compatibility issue, magnetic and charging features, got what other difference?
Slightly shorter and less heavy than the pencil 1 imo, and can double tap to switch between eraser / pen or last used tool.

Magnetic charging alone is a huge plus, dont have to plug the pencil to the ipad
alphau likes this.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:29 AM   #11

Hi All. Sorry to resurrect this tread.

I am considering this now. However, I am wondering if Ipad Pro 2017 10.5" is also affected by "Bendgate"? Does anyone knows?

I think some of the member has mentioned about Refurbished set from Apple and I personally think it's a good idea.

One of my other concern is, What are the chances that Apple decides to stop the IOs support for Ipad Pro? Sure, I am seeing that Ipad Pro 1st Gen (which is like almost 4 years already) is still being supported.

I saw on youtube that some of the reviewers are recommending Ipad Pro 10.5" over Ipad Air 3rd Gen. Thus the above question.

If someone can provide more insight, that will be great. Thanks.
unknownidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:04 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

If you want future proof iOS update go for the Air 3. If you care about performance , go for Air 3 too, the Air 3 opens app faster than iPad Pro 2017.

The iPad Pro 2017 10.5 is better in every way than the Air 3 in terms of display, camera, graphics performance, have 4 speakers. If you are one who play game or watch movie then go for iPad Pro 2017. Not that the A12 will lag. I haven’t got the Air 3 yet, but I have the iPad Pro 2017.

The iPad Pro has Pro motion while Air 3 doesn’t have. You may want to take note of that too.

The iPad Pro 10.5 is using A10X chip while the Air 3 uses A12 chip.

Hi All. Sorry to resurrect this tread.

I am considering this now. However, I am wondering if Ipad Pro 2017 10.5" is also affected by "Bendgate"? Does anyone knows?

I think some of the member has mentioned about Refurbished set from Apple and I personally think it's a good idea.

One of my other concern is, What are the chances that Apple decides to stop the IOs support for Ipad Pro? Sure, I am seeing that Ipad Pro 1st Gen (which is like almost 4 years already) is still being supported.

I saw on youtube that some of the reviewers are recommending Ipad Pro 10.5" over Ipad Air 3rd Gen. Thus the above question.

If someone can provide more insight, that will be great. Thanks.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:11 AM   #13

Thanks for the recommendation.

I know what to consider already. Thanks.
unknownidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.