HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ipad burnt mark and new mini keyboard feature

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2019, 11:43 PM   #1

Ipad burnt mark and new mini keyboard feature

My ipad pro 2017 has a burnt mark.. it is less than one year.
I think quite a lot of ipad have these burnt mark..
What should i do? Go for warranty or leave it?

The mini keyboard is quite useful.. but it will be better if the size can be customized by user... now seems to be only one fixed size of the mini.. right?
chickenessence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:10 AM   #2
Banned

What burn mark? If you mean the bright spot then yes a lot of users holding to iPad Pro 2017 has it.

Mine has it and I did a 1 to 1 exchange last year and until now still don’t have the bright spot.

Snow eagle also one of them who experienced this issue
Glariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 01:53 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

That's right. I bought mine in May last year, 2 mths later the screen mark appeared abt 1-inch above the home button. Sent to Apple Store for 1-1 replacement and earlier this year happened again, did the same thing with Apple and now warranty expired, recently seems to start to appear again.

I suppose this is hardware issue with the 2017 iPad Pro so no point getting anymore replacement. In future just replace with a new Pro.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:44 AM   #4

What burn mark? If you mean the bright spot then yes a lot of users holding to iPad Pro 2017 has it.

Mine has it and I did a 1 to 1 exchange last year and until now still donít have the bright spot.

Snow eagle also one of them who experienced this issue
Ya, bright spot.. i have older ipad air.. even bigger patch of the bright spot. Tried to sell it and i remember those shop buyer called it burnt mark.. unless thatís not an official/ proper term for this.

That's right. I bought mine in May last year, 2 mths later the screen mark appeared abt 1-inch above the home button. Sent to Apple Store for 1-1 replacement and earlier this year happened again, did the same thing with Apple and now warranty expired, recently seems to start to appear again.

I suppose this is hardware issue with the 2017 iPad Pro so no point getting anymore replacement. In future just replace with a new Pro.
Just thinking if i go for replacement, will there still be stocks for me.. afraid will take long for replacement and i have nothing to use.
And afraid if i live with this, later it got worsen.

Any one has any comment on the mini keyboard?
Old 05-11-2019, 08:30 AM   #5
Banned

That one not burnt mark. You have warranty? No point replacing if it’s out of warranty. It will cost you like $600-$800.

My 1st gen iPad Pro 12.9 has burnt mark 1-2 months after warranty ends so I’ll just live with it.

Ya, bright spot.. i have older ipad air.. even bigger patch of the bright spot. Tried to sell it and i remember those shop buyer called it burnt mark.. unless that’s not an official/ proper term for this.

Just thinking if i go for replacement, will there still be stocks for me.. afraid will take long for replacement and i have nothing to use.

Any one has any comment on the mini keyboard?
Glariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:35 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

Stocks wise you've to find out from Apple. 1-1 replacement is immediate unless Apple suggests replacing the screen, which may take a few hrs. If out of warranty, can also buy a replacement set, but if that might as well upgrade the iPad.
Snoweagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 09:18 AM   #7

Stocks wise you've to find out from Apple. 1-1 replacement is immediate unless Apple suggests replacing the screen, which may take a few hrs. If out of warranty, can also buy a replacement set, but if that might as well upgrade the iPad.
That one not burnt mark. You have warranty? No point replacing if itís out of warranty. It will cost you like $600-$800.

My 1st gen iPad Pro 12.9 has burnt mark 1-2 months after warranty ends so Iíll just live with it.
still under warranty. Bought it with discounted price as ipad pro 2018 just came out.
Guess i will just find out from Apple.. thanks!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.