HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

ipad buyable or not?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-07-2011, 09:37 PM   #1

ipad buyable or not?

i know its a silly question..but i am contemplating on buying it or not..since the games on iphone and ipad is the same..and there's nothing much for me to do ipad now..so i was wondering the bros out here..what u use ipad to do most often?
leonard87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #2

Lets just say when u use ipad to play ur games and surf net you wont use the iphone to do it most of the time anymore...
kenny_2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #3
High Supremacy Member

what you can do on iphone (exception making calls and sms), you can do on ipad and a whole lot more.

it's more fun on the ipad. but you might wanna consider changing your iphone to a basic android phone which can create hotspot as the iphone's function becomes pretty much redundant.
Old 24-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

A phone is still a phone a pad is still a pad so both is a 2 different thing
Yangchern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2011, 11:11 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

Lets just say when u use ipad to play ur games and surf net you wont use the iphone to do it most of the time anymore...
couldnt agree more , altho im using blackberry , but i cant even bothered with my sis itouch n bro iphone . and they always take my pad to play
IcYFl4mEz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #6
Supremacy Member

Well.. I still use my iPhone to play some games.. E.g. Tiny tower. It just look better on the iPhone lol.. Other then that, web browsing, playing few other games, checking e-mail, etc etc, will always be done on the iPad.. It has a much longer battery life and the browser works just like a desktop browser except that it doesn't have flash.. If i absolutely need flash, I'd use my puffin browser or even remotely control my desktop using splash top. The only thing I wished it had is a high-res screen

So, yea, definitely buyable..
Conan1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 09:17 AM   #7

Don't buy until you need one.
arsene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #8
High Supremacy Member

Don't buy until you need one.
Then he will never buy.. Because an ipad is a want, never a need
Old 25-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

i juz deleted the apps on my iphone.. lol comtemplating to dump my iphone coz the screen is so damn small
Old 25-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #10

The experience on the iPad is very different from an iPhone. Having one will not mean you won't need the other.
hawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #11
Supremacy Member

A 14inch tv as compare to a 32 inch tv.......
Old 25-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #12
Master Member

Some games only for iPad, not even comparable to iPhone. Where else I use iPad to watch my movies and games and surfing in the room rather then dragging my laptop with the plugs to the room then finish have to drag it back. Even when I overseas there won't be a need to bring a laptop which u have to bring everywhere u go. iPad is good enough but still doubt about using it as presentation purpose
aileen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #13

The experience on the iPad is very different from an iPhone. Having one will not mean you won't need the other.
Phoneit-Ipad can make the ipad become a "phone"....
kiwitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #14
Master Member

You could try running emulators on the ipad, and turn your iphone into a nintendo controller...

I personally don't feel the ipad is value for money. I guess it is okay for when you have some extra cash to splurge, but the only thing it seems to do well is casual surfing (for which it is very well suited) and maybe certain types of games. Other things it can do, but not properly. Typing/editing documents on it is a pain (even with iwerks), and if I install a bluetooth keyboard, I may as well buy a MBA for the size.

The key reason I can think of getting one is that it is very easy to use and much less intimidating than a normal PC. Thus, it is quite suitable for people who normally would not use computers of any sort. I have seen elderly folks who normally have not even switched on a computer in their lives, pick one up and start surfing the net like old veterans.

Its weight is also a draw, I know of a pregnant friend who carries one as she finds it way more convenient than a laptop.

I have tried it a fair bit from my friends, and personally wasn't really impressed by it. There are many small little things it can be used for, but I find it lacks focus. It is like just several small japalang features bundled together.
Old 25-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #15
High Supremacy Member

i would say this is true for almost anyone having both iphone & ipad.

u would even think if u're going to get iphone again for ur next phone
fortunecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.