www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   The iPad Sanctum (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ipad-sanctum-311/)
-   -   iPad PRO "Hey Siri!" (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ipad-sanctum-311/ipad-pro-hey-siri-5712082.html)

rvyne7 24-10-2017 03:55 PM

iPad PRO "Hey Siri!"
 
Since I bought my iPad 12" last month been trying to avoid clicking home button and been using "Hey Siri" feature to unlock and launch apps from their.

I realized however it doesn't work without internet, sometimes a bit dumb and infinite search after you finish speech.

Do you guys know if any tweaks for this to work offline? or any other gestures that works to a tleast wake the iPad then unlock it?

It would really cool if it has same feature as Samsung S phone hand gesture to wake-up the device.

Kiddream 24-10-2017 04:23 PM

You can just use a magnetic cover that lights up the screen when you flip the cover over, then lightly tap ( don't need to click on it) on the TouchID home button to unlock the iPad.

rvyne7 24-10-2017 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiddream (Post 110945355)
You can just use a magnetic cover that lights up the screen when you flip the cover over, then lightly tap ( don't need to click on it) on the TouchID home button to unlock the iPad.


http://103.69.130.111/img/22127596_1...74235060_n.jpg

I don't think that would be possible. I've actually bought it exclusively so I can use it as monitor replacement since most of the time I only stream netflix and watch VLC on it so if you notice in pix it has been using monitor arm permanently not for mobile use.

skpuppy 24-10-2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvyne7 (Post 110946167)
http://103.69.130.111/img/22127596_1...74235060_n.jpg

I don't think that would be possible. I've actually bought it exclusively so I can use it as monitor replacement since most of the time I only stream netflix and watch VLC on it so if you notice in pix it has been using monitor arm permanently not for mobile use.

Why donít use monitor instead?

rvyne7 24-10-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skpuppy (Post 110947178)
Why donít use monitor instead?

:P I owned 27" for my apple tv last time, But decided to switch to 100% iPad coz It can load videos from VLC + using it as secondary monitor (duet display) and ios emulator when developing apps. :P I find the 12" solve my needs except.. just looking for ways to utilized it better.

nicepal 27-10-2017 10:38 PM

wow.. you got "class" primary uses iPad as a 2nd monitor... ;) cool....

rvyne7 31-10-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepal (Post 111002475)
wow.. you got "class" primary uses iPad as a 2nd monitor... ;) cool....

:P I always get tempted to re-setup my gaming pc whenever I staring at the 27" monitor worst might end-up buying gaming console .. Now I finally gaming free for 2months lol


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.