HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

iPad Repair Procedure

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2010, 06:55 PM   #16

one glaring issue is, even if wty is covered, whats stopping them from giving excuses that lead to extensions..and extensions and more extensions? yes we want to repair for you but no matching parts how?? you wan to wait or tradein, upgrade, buy new? those we have stocks immediately
TioScapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #17

Ok just got informed it will take one week as they need to take photos and escalate to apple. I asked to see if I can hold on to my ipad in the meantime. Waiting to see what they say. Wish i was in country with apple store. Then can just do a simple 1 to 1. Sigh.
Old 26-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #18
Supremacy Member

one glaring issue is, even if wty is covered, whats stopping them from giving excuses that lead to extensions..and extensions and more extensions? yes we want to repair for you but no matching parts how?? you wan to wait or tradein, upgrade, buy new?
I believe they don't bother opening up iPads/iPods/iPhones. They usually 1-1 for you. Like Steve mentioned, if your iPad battery fails under warranty, they'll just swap a new one for you instead of replacing the battery. These devices are far too complex/miniaturized to be serviced directly and from Apple's point of view, it's better to just swap customers a new one rather than let their service centres spend long hours repairing it by replacing individual components.

And I believe parts shortage is not limited to only Apple but in the case of the iPad I believe only the screen portion is in limited supply. Either way, it'll be difficult to get it replaced/repaired if screen supplies from LG are delayed.

Ok just got informed it will take one week as they need to take photos and escalate to apple. I asked to see if I can hold on to my ipad in the meantime. Waiting to see what they say. Wish i was in country with apple store. Then can just do a simple 1 to 1. Sigh.
That's why prior to servicing what I usually recommend is calling/emailing AppleCare and from there get a service request after they have approved it. Then proceed down to the authorised service centre to get it repaired and provide them with the quote and they die die will have nothing to say. If they escalate on your behalf you have no idea whether 1) they actually do it, 2) if they describe your problem to Apple accurately/the way you want it to.

Last edited by n0d3; 26-07-2010 at 07:02 PM..
n0d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010, 07:01 PM   #19

one glaring issue is, even if wty is covered, whats stopping them from giving excuses that lead to extensions..and extensions and more extensions? yes we want to repair for you but no matching parts how?? you wan to wait or tradein, upgrade, buy new? those we have stocks immediately
well apple hasn't yet given me any trouble for warranty. Service seems to be number 1 for them. Considering I also have scratches under my screen it's really servicable. Update in a bit!
Old 26-07-2010, 07:02 PM   #20
Master Member

I have the similiar issue as well, got a dust particle under the screen...but i already took a macro shot for them and have printed out the supporting evidence based on others' experiences.

I already called up apple care before hand and got my case ID ready...apple care just rocks for that. Superb service, assured me that there will not be any issues when I go down.
Old 26-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #21
Master Member

That's why prior to servicing what I usually recommend is calling/emailing AppleCare and from there get a service request after they have approved it. Then proceed down to the authorised service centre to get it repaired and provide them with the quote and they die die will have nothing to say. If they escalate on your behalf you have no idea whether 1) they actually do it, 2) if they describe your problem to Apple accurately/the way you want it to.
QFT. Always have done that for the past 7 years. Apple care is directly under apple..unlike the so called "authorised" dealers here.

We need a genius bar here!
Old 26-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #22

So I presume receipt is nt require when bring fault unit to svc center rite?
Toronado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #23

Ok because my set is more than 7 days old, I can't immediately exchange for one. They have to escalate to apple and will take a week. Nooooooooooooooo. If escalation is successful I will get a replacement ipad. 1 week no ipad. Sads...
Old 26-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #24

Hmm I should actually get AppleCare first? Then go down straight can swap? Gah. But when i called they told me to go down see the authorized service provider first.
Old 26-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #25

Yet one more thing. Ipad dead pixel policy is 5. Zzz. But I got scratches Unser screen so is their qc fail heh.
Old 26-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #26
Supremacy Member

Hmm I should actually get AppleCare first? Then go down straight can swap? Gah. But when i called they told me to go down see the authorized service provider first.
Why would you need to buy AppleCare? Your AppleCare lasts a year right, and the phone support for the first 90 days. Just cause you have AppleCare doesn't mean you can go down 1-1 swap. It's all about calling them up and getting a case number first and then escalating directly rather than through an authorised service centre (read posts above).
Old 26-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #27

Oh right. I see what you mean. I meant call applecare. 1 week, no iPad. Can die...
Old 26-07-2010, 08:32 PM   #28
Arch-Supremacy Member

Why would you need to buy AppleCare? Your AppleCare lasts a year right, and the phone support for the first 90 days. Just cause you have AppleCare doesn't mean you can go down 1-1 swap. It's all about calling them up and getting a case number first and then escalating directly rather than through an authorised service centre (read posts above).
i think ppl thought Apple do 1 to 1 exchange for iphone, so it come to their mind, apple also do 1 to 1 exchange for ipad.

like that imac, macbook, macbook pro, macbok air also 1 to 1 liao lor. so good
Errz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #29

it's a new day...any new update??
Toronado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #30
Master Member

So I presume receipt is nt require when bring fault unit to svc center rite?
no ... as long as ur ipad is registered with apple. if its not register(which is very unlikely), receipt is needed to proof ur purchase date.

EDIT: a recent experience that i had, bought a brand new ipod shuffle from hwz and its out of warranty becuz it was not registered within 1 yr after its manufactured. Thus a receipt is needed in this case to proof ur purchase date. obviously i didnt have.

Last edited by MoxLotus; 27-07-2010 at 11:38 AM..
MoxLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.