HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

iPhone Xs Max as iPad Mini replacement? 2in1 solution - anyone tried?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2018, 10:27 AM   #16
Supremacy Member

I've dropby at Orchard yesterday just to check the size and I feel not comfortable holding that as massive cant easily use 1 hand.
Oh. Reason I feel strange is because ppl keep talking about the big size. Didnít try mi max 2 before? Haha
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:45 AM   #17

Oh. Reason I feel strange is because ppl keep talking about the big size. Didn’t try mi max 2 before? Haha
last oversize phone I own was Note 2 lol.. until now I never had any use of that extra size... but since I dun have mini just thinking if this type of solution can be 2n1 solution lol

The Xs Max?

Yes... too big for a phone.. since X series corner to corner is actually gesture this is not convenient for oversize phone like Xs Max.. Unless you have massive hand or habit of using 2 hand when typing or using phone

Last edited by rvyne7; 07-10-2018 at 10:48 AM..
rvyne7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:47 AM   #18
Supremacy Member

Personally I feel best is to use iPhone XS + iPad Pro 10.5. U have the best of mobility and big screen. (2 devices)

xS max is a compromise if you can only carry 1 device out for convenience
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:20 AM   #19

Different people have difference preferences. Those who find the Max huge are mostly those who never went for Plus size phones in the first place. I'm one of them.
chinnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 05:22 PM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes... too big for a phone.. since X series corner to corner is actually gesture this is not convenient for oversize phone like Xs Max.. Unless you have massive hand or habit of using 2 hand when typing or using phone
I've the 7 Plus and it's the same size of holding the Xs Max, just that screen size is 1" smaller. To me, I've no issues with the Xs Max's size or 6.5" screen size as I've also the Note 9 at 6.4" so it's almost the same.

I'm not buying either the Xs or Xs Max as only last year I've re-contracted for the X on Singtel's launch event. The X/Xs screen size and physical size is very comfortable for a mobile phone and one-handed use is also easy. Using my Note 9 is quite similar to a phablet, as the Xs Max would also but still manageable. But one-handed use is not possible.

If I've a choice, I'd go with Xs Max as I already have the X and the Xs is just innards improvement within the same size. So it really boils down to personal preference.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:25 PM   #21
Arch-Supremacy Member

Different people have difference preferences. Those who find the Max huge are mostly those who never went for Plus size phones in the first place. I'm one of them.
That's why I'm ok with Xs Max as I've been using 6/6s/7 Plus before and now also Note 9. But my main phone's still the X and initially felt small when using it.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:06 PM   #22

Personally I feel best is to use iPhone XS + iPad Pro 10.5. U have the best of mobility and big screen. (2 devices)

xS max is a compromise if you can only carry 1 device out for convenience
Agree and what ive been using previously but now with xs max now using 1 all in one device. i thinnk im gonna stick to this for next 2 years. (hope so)
Eidekos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:48 PM   #23

Agree and what ive been using previously but now with xs max now using 1 all in one device. i thinnk im gonna stick to this for next 2 years. (hope so)
have you tried using that to read manga? or e-books? netflix and streaming on my X currently not an issue but 5.8" fell short as manga reader which been primary usage of my iPad mini last time.

When I dropby last time at orchard i was asking them if can install Mangarock on XS Max to test but they said cannot too bad no way of testing for my case

Last edited by rvyne7; 11-10-2018 at 04:52 PM..
rvyne7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.