www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   The iPad Sanctum (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ipad-sanctum-311/)
-   -   multi sim with singtel to use on Ipad (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ipad-sanctum-311/multi-sim-singtel-use-ipad-3211017.html)

SLYEO 29-04-2011 09:42 PM

From my understanding, there are 2 types.

1) Multi Sim

Multi sim- can be used in another phone. Will not be able to receive incoming call but can have outgoing call. The data usage will be tag to the data plan of the original sim card.

Basically, it is like a copy of the original sim card, can have outgoing calls, data plan, but cannot recieve calls or sms. Cost about $10/mth

2) Taglite or tag sim (dunno which is the correct term)

Taglite or tag sim is similar to multi sim. Have data plan but cannot have outgoing call or sms. It tags to the original data plan Cost : $5/mth

Presto80 29-04-2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaZ_MaN (Post 55334287)
My previous card is a normal sim which I used in my nokia.
Iphone 4 came out before my contract expires.
So, no choice but to buy from apple store and cut it myself.
Then went to singtel to subscribe a data plan.
That was last year.

Went to Singtel this afternoon to get multi sim after I got my ipad.
The cso asked me what do i used it for. I think I was too happy after getting my ipad and told him i'm using it on ipad. He then say they want to charge me $10 per month for the multi-sim.
I told nvm, can cut because my current one also cut one. :p

Finally, got it for $30 and $5 per month. But, the new sim seems to be smaller than the one I had.
Not sure whether it will work. Anyway, they said my current card will deactivate in 24 hrs and I need to put the new one in when i find that I cannot call out. Will post again after the switch.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

from your ifirst paragraph..its obviously its nt the technology tht prevent us from geting a new norm sim..cos they knw ur existing is a norm sim and they still charge u $10 for a new microsim for your ipad. which means micro n norm sim can be mixed in multisim and not what the cso told me...what they cant be linked.

so in the end they just gif you a new norm sim for the ipad or 2 new norm sim?

if can change my current microsim to norm sim then i cut myself..i wont mind..
so the total cost is $30 for the change and $5 monthly for the multisim?

pls feedback so that tml i can go find singtel to do it.

thanx

Froggyman 29-04-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaZ_MaN (Post 55334287)
My previous card is a normal sim which I used in my nokia.
Iphone 4 came out before my contract expires.
So, no choice but to buy from apple store and cut it myself.
Then went to singtel to subscribe a data plan.
That was last year.

Went to Singtel this afternoon to get multi sim after I got my ipad.
The cso asked me what do i used it for. I think I was too happy after getting my ipad and told him i'm using it on ipad. He then say they want to charge me $10 per month for the multi-sim.
I told nvm, can cut because my current one also cut one. :p

Finally, got it for $30 and $5 per month. But, the new sim seems to be smaller than the one I had.
Not sure whether it will work. Anyway, they said my current card will deactivate in 24 hrs and I need to put the new one in when i find that I cannot call out. Will post again after the switch.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

Just to confirm....
1) Do you need to do configuration on your iphone4 after cutting the simcard for iPhone4?
2)Is the new multiSim card 2 pcs ( meaning need to change your current iphone4 sim card + another sim card for ipad) OR they just give you another 1 'normal' Sim card. ( that no need to change thw iphone 4 sim card)

Thanks.

Froggyman 29-04-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto80 (Post 55335589)
from your ifirst paragraph..its obviously its nt the technology tht prevent us from geting a new norm sim..cos they knw ur existing is a norm sim and they still charge u $10 for a new microsim for your ipad. which means micro n norm sim can be mixed in multisim and not what the cso told me...what they cant be linked.

so in the end they just gif you a new norm sim for the ipad or 2 new norm sim?

if can change my current microsim to norm sim then i cut myself..i wont mind..
so the total cost is $30 for the change and $5 monthly for the multisim?

pls feedback so that tml i can go find singtel to do it.

thanx

Haha.. Was having the same thinking.=:p
Why paid double every month when it is just cutting a big piece to a smaller one:s22:

Please post if you suceed in getting singtel to let u pay $5/mth with the change over.:D
Thanks.

Presto80 29-04-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Froggyman (Post 55336113)
Haha.. Was having the same thinking.=:p
Why paid double every month when it is just cutting a big piece to a smaller one:s22:

Please post if you suceed in getting singtel to let u pay $5/mth with the change over.:D
Thanks.

haa...its just not logical...

TaZ_MaN 30-04-2011 05:40 AM

Well, that's why i call them the suckers. They knew that consumers need 3g for the mobile devices, so tried to milk as much as they can.

Hmm.... 1 got 2 multi sim cards from singtel at $30, with $5 per month subscription.
They said that I will have to change the current one (the one i have cut) to the new one.
Sounds logical because otherwise cannot duplicate.

So, now I will have to cut both the SIM cards to fit into my iphone and ipad.

Also, singtel wrote on their web that you will have to pay $10 per month as long as you have a microsim (that's why they give it out free for the first one).
For my case, I bought my iphone from apple store, so I never had receive any microsim from them.
In their records, I have only normal sim cards all these while.

TaZ_MaN 30-04-2011 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Froggyman (Post 55335988)
Just to confirm....
1) Do you need to do configuration on your iphone4 after cutting the simcard for iPhone4?
2)Is the new multiSim card 2 pcs ( meaning need to change your current iphone4 sim card + another sim card for ipad) OR they just give you another 1 'normal' Sim card. ( that no need to change thw iphone 4 sim card)

Thanks.

1) Nothing need to be done. Cut my normal SIM that I used for my nokia phone and place into the iphone. It just works..... Btw, my sibling did the same, but failed in the first try. I told her cannot be. She rub rub the sim card and it works. Think the surface of the sim is dirty. So, don't panic if it doesn't work.

2) Got a set of 2 SIM cards from them. Asked them if next time I need to get another device, will they issue me with 3 SIM cards? (I was thinking, walau, I have to cut all over again). They said no need wor. Now think back, why do they have to change this round???? a bit fishy.....

Lastly, have to wait for my current sim to deactivate before switching.... otherwise no phone to use. Not sure when will they do it... Will post the results after i switch.

Presto80 30-04-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaZ_MaN (Post 55344739)
Well, that's why i call them the suckers. They knew that consumers need 3g for the mobile devices, so tried to milk as much as they can.

Hmm.... 1 got 2 multi sim cards from singtel at $30, with $5 per month subscription.
They said that I will have to change the current one (the one i have cut) to the new one.
Sounds logical because otherwise cannot duplicate.

So, now I will have to cut both the SIM cards to fit into my iphone and ipad.

Also, singtel wrote on their web that you will have to pay $10 per month as long as you have a microsim (that's why they give it out free for the first one).
For my case, I bought my iphone from apple store, so I never had receive any microsim from them.
In their records, I have only normal sim cards all these while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaZ_MaN (Post 55344760)
1) Nothing need to be done. Cut my normal SIM that I used for my nokia phone and place into the iphone. It just works..... Btw, my sibling did the same, but failed in the first try. I told her cannot be. She rub rub the sim card and it works. Think the surface of the sim is dirty. So, don't panic if it doesn't work.

2) Got a set of 2 SIM cards from them. Asked them if next time I need to get another device, will they issue me with 3 SIM cards? (I was thinking, walau, I have to cut all over again). They said no need wor. Now think back, why do they have to change this round???? a bit fishy.....

Lastly, have to wait for my current sim to deactivate before switching.... otherwise no phone to use. Not sure when will they do it... Will post the results after i switch.

ok can i summarise that....

u paid $30 for changing your current normal size sim card to another normal size sim card..
u paid $5 monthly for another normal size sim card using the multisim service?

u will then need to manually cut the norm size to microsim.

yeah pls post ur result as my 3g is currently crippled(cant bring out n surf)..haa

thanx

Errz 30-04-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabstick (Post 55333819)
I ask cso they say same speed as what our data plan speed is capped at

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

yeah..thats what Singtel staff (Hello Shop and their Help desk) told me too. but u know what?

I did a test with the speedtest apps and i am always getting highest speed at 0.35mbps. No matter where i test..the max i get is 0.35mbps.

i put the card into my iphone 4. same.. max 0.35mbps. so i called helpdesk. they ask me go and get the SIM card change.
1) went to change SIM card.. test it.. wow.. speed is FAST.
2) notice my iPhone 4 Main line no more connection. Then i notice.. they terminate my main line and transfer it to the SIM card that I just change.
3) went back to Hello shop to get them to fix the sh~t. they issue me another SIM card (tag lite) and the other card will become the main.
4) test the speed (tag lite) ...same.. back to 0.35mbps

have enuff of their sh~t..so i (demand) terminate it and demand not going to pay the $30 SIM card.

liquid_j 30-04-2011 11:51 AM

Multisim tags along with your exsisting mobile+data plan in terms of period. Taglite is 12 months contract.

I went for multisim for the normal size one, resized it using scissors

crabstick 30-04-2011 12:08 PM

Will it be better to change to multiple sim plan then? Speed wise will it be same as on iphone4?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Errz (Post 55349504)
yeah..thats what Singtel staff (Hello Shop and their Help desk) told me too. but u know what?

I did a test with the speedtest apps and i am always getting highest speed at 0.35mbps. No matter where i test..the max i get is 0.35mbps.

i put the card into my iphone 4. same.. max 0.35mbps. so i called helpdesk. they ask me go and get the SIM card change.
1) went to change SIM card.. test it.. wow.. speed is FAST.
2) notice my iPhone 4 Main line no more connection. Then i notice.. they terminate my main line and transfer it to the SIM card that I just change.
3) went back to Hello shop to get them to fix the sh~t. they issue me another SIM card (tag lite) and the other card will become the main.
4) test the speed (tag lite) ...same.. back to 0.35mbps

have enuff of their sh~t..so i (demand) terminate it and demand not going to pay the $30 SIM card.

-----

Froggyman 30-04-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabstick (Post 55350351)
Will it be better to change to multiple sim plan then? Speed wise will it be same as on iphone4?

-----

Price difference.. Multi Sim.. $10.70/mth for micro Sim card user
taglite ... $5.35/mth but speed:s27:

This making us :eek:

Presto80 30-04-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquid_j (Post 55349897)
Multisim tags along with your exsisting mobile+data plan in terms of period. Taglite is 12 months contract.

I went for multisim for the normal size one, resized it using scissors

but ur mainline is micro or norm?

crabstick 30-04-2011 01:02 PM

I spoke to cso and was told that I can change to multisim plan without penalty charges since I just sign up for tabloid yesterday.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Froggyman (Post 55350552)
Price difference.. Multi Sim.. $10.70/mth for micro Sim card user
taglite ... $5.35/mth but speed:s27:

This making us :eek:

-----

Presto80 30-04-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabstick (Post 55352049)
I spoke to cso and was told that I can change to multisim plan without penalty charges since I just sign up for tabloid yesterday.

-----

whats tabloid?