www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   The iPad Sanctum (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ipad-sanctum-311/)
-   -   multi sim with singtel to use on Ipad (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ipad-sanctum-311/multi-sim-singtel-use-ipad-3211017.html)

Jack_Chen 12-07-2012 09:40 AM

my contract ended since last year and I didn't recontract.

instead they simply continue billing me as per my contract rates since then.

people recontract only to get another phone. that's the most common reason for signing a contract in the first place.

I got taglite before they discontinue this service but after the 1 year contract with them, they change the rate to $10.70 a month.

If you call their hotline, sometimes what the operator tell you can differ between operators depending on their rank and experience. Also, I find it most convenient and easy to process all your mobile needs during those trade shows.

1. trade shows like PC Show, etc will usually waive a lot of fees as they have blanket discount during that period. Singtel has a lot of fees, admin, activation, simcard, etc. Very very F-Up one.

2. During trade shows, you can request on the spot to take away all the VAS they like to bundle in. You can also have a face to face Q&A.

3. I called and asked very nicely, they replied with things like you cannot do this cannot do that, if microsim must pay extra,etc. At the tradeshow, they can do a lot of administrative changes for you without extra cent.

E.g. my mum sign up a new contract and got iphone. By right, Singtel will force you to swallow a microsim fee and get a microsim, I told the guy, can she continue to use her prepaid number? can she opt for a normal sim? This is because the iphone was for me while she will get my 3GS that uses a normal sim.

The answers were - yes, she can still have her prepaid number. she can have a normal sim card, no problem.

So I gave her my 3GS, then I paid for a 4S. As for my sim card, I got it clipped at a mobile shop near my place for $4. I can also find the clipper online but can't be bothered to buy it.

After this incident, you basically take a huge grain of salt (the size of a boulder) with what the Singtel hotline operator says. Each time they act blur, kay siao, act gong, they suck more money.

imagine if I listen to the operator and ask for the stuff on the phone? The bill next month can make you vomit blood one.

kun1he2 12-07-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minitaz (Post 68245712)
The price increase is not reflected on their website .. yet..?

Postpaid VAS - Personal*|*Communication*|*Mobile*|*Postpaid Plans | SingTel

Prices already increased and updated on their website quite a while back...

Connection fee: $10.70

Multi-SIM Card fee: $32.10 (for 1 set of*2 SIM cards)

$10.70 each (for subsequent SIM cards)

minitaz 13-07-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kun1he2 (Post 68277281)
Prices already increased and updated on their website quite a while back...

Connection fee: $10.70

Multi-SIM Card fee: $32.10 (for 1 set of*2 SIM cards)

$10.70 each (for subsequent SIM cards)

The amount you quote are the Setup Cost (One time) when first subscribe.
I was referring to the previous post by tianwei666, where the subscriptionwent from $10.70 to $30 per month (first pair) as stated in the website.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tianwei666 (Post 68218251)
Re-Contract with Singtel ? Think THRICE if you are on Multi SIm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I received my new bill in July, my jaw drops!!!
The multi sim subscription went from the old $11 a month to $30 a month an increase of ($19per month) 2.7X, this is an increase of 270% !!! I did not take up any new Sim Card all the number of Sim cards remains the same as previous.

kun1he2 13-07-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minitaz (Post 68287337)
The amount you quote are the Setup Cost (One time) when first subscribe.
I was referring to the previous post by tianwei666, where the subscriptionwent from $10.70 to $30 per month (first pair) as stated in the website.

Oops, sorry, my bad.

Actually, I believe tianwei666 has 4 SIM cards total - which Singtel charged only $11/mth total prior to iPad2 launch. I know coz I was just a few days late in signing up - so end up canceling and getting full refund for the 4th card which I originally intended to keep as a spare for just additional $1/mth.

So in his case, after recontracting, the monthly rate is $32.10 for 4 cards.

Leonard_Ong 13-07-2012 03:23 PM

Yes, I have 4 sim cards paying S$ 11/month... before ST increased the price. They increased the price (or maintain but lower down your data). Strange way to do business.

Recontracting doesn't change the SIM card price. I have recontract my lines and still the same multi-sim price S$ 11. Why? Because the contract doesn't cover multi-sim service. As long as an existing subscriber didn't terminate the service, the price remains the same.

kun1he2 13-07-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonard_Ong (Post 68292422)
Yes, I have 4 sim cards paying S$ 11/month... before ST increased the price. They increased the price (or maintain but lower down your data). Strange way to do business.

Recontracting doesn't change the SIM card price. I have recontract my lines and still the same multi-sim price S$ 11. Why? Because the contract doesn't cover multi-sim service. As long as an existing subscriber didn't terminate the service, the price remains the same.

When did you do your most recent recontract?

otcmarcus 04-12-2012 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonard_Ong (Post 68292422)

I have recontract my lines and still the same multi-sim price S$ 11. Why? Because the contract doesn't cover multi-sim service. As long as an existing subscriber didn't terminate the service, the price remains the same.
> when did you "recontract my lines and still the same multi-sim price S$ 11." ?
did you recontract before July 1st?