HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

multi sim with singtel to use on Ipad

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #436
Arch-Supremacy Member

my contract ended since last year and I didn't recontract.

instead they simply continue billing me as per my contract rates since then.

people recontract only to get another phone. that's the most common reason for signing a contract in the first place.

I got taglite before they discontinue this service but after the 1 year contract with them, they change the rate to $10.70 a month.

If you call their hotline, sometimes what the operator tell you can differ between operators depending on their rank and experience. Also, I find it most convenient and easy to process all your mobile needs during those trade shows.

1. trade shows like PC Show, etc will usually waive a lot of fees as they have blanket discount during that period. Singtel has a lot of fees, admin, activation, simcard, etc. Very very F-Up one.

2. During trade shows, you can request on the spot to take away all the VAS they like to bundle in. You can also have a face to face Q&A.

3. I called and asked very nicely, they replied with things like you cannot do this cannot do that, if microsim must pay extra,etc. At the tradeshow, they can do a lot of administrative changes for you without extra cent.

E.g. my mum sign up a new contract and got iphone. By right, Singtel will force you to swallow a microsim fee and get a microsim, I told the guy, can she continue to use her prepaid number? can she opt for a normal sim? This is because the iphone was for me while she will get my 3GS that uses a normal sim.

The answers were - yes, she can still have her prepaid number. she can have a normal sim card, no problem.

So I gave her my 3GS, then I paid for a 4S. As for my sim card, I got it clipped at a mobile shop near my place for $4. I can also find the clipper online but can't be bothered to buy it.

After this incident, you basically take a huge grain of salt (the size of a boulder) with what the Singtel hotline operator says. Each time they act blur, kay siao, act gong, they suck more money.

imagine if I listen to the operator and ask for the stuff on the phone? The bill next month can make you vomit blood one.
Jack_Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #437
Master Member

The price increase is not reflected on their website .. yet..?

Postpaid VAS - Personal*|*Communication*|*Mobile*|*Postpaid Plans | SingTel
Prices already increased and updated on their website quite a while back...

Connection fee: $10.70

Multi-SIM Card fee: $32.10 (for 1 set of*2 SIM cards)

$10.70 each (for subsequent SIM cards)

Last edited by kun1he2; 12-07-2012 at 11:07 PM..
kun1he2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #438
Master Member

Prices already increased and updated on their website quite a while back...

Connection fee: $10.70

Multi-SIM Card fee: $32.10 (for 1 set of*2 SIM cards)

$10.70 each (for subsequent SIM cards)

The amount you quote are the Setup Cost (One time) when first subscribe.
I was referring to the previous post by tianwei666, where the subscriptionwent from $10.70 to $30 per month (first pair) as stated in the website.

Re-Contract with Singtel ? Think THRICE if you are on Multi SIm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I received my new bill in July, my jaw drops!!!
The multi sim subscription went from the old $11 a month to $30 a month an increase of ($19per month) 2.7X, this is an increase of 270% !!! I did not take up any new Sim Card all the number of Sim cards remains the same as previous.
minitaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #439
Master Member

The amount you quote are the Setup Cost (One time) when first subscribe.
I was referring to the previous post by tianwei666, where the subscriptionwent from $10.70 to $30 per month (first pair) as stated in the website.
Oops, sorry, my bad.

Actually, I believe tianwei666 has 4 SIM cards total - which Singtel charged only $11/mth total prior to iPad2 launch. I know coz I was just a few days late in signing up - so end up canceling and getting full refund for the 4th card which I originally intended to keep as a spare for just additional $1/mth.

So in his case, after recontracting, the monthly rate is $32.10 for 4 cards.
Old 13-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #440

Yes, I have 4 sim cards paying S$ 11/month... before ST increased the price. They increased the price (or maintain but lower down your data). Strange way to do business.

Recontracting doesn't change the SIM card price. I have recontract my lines and still the same multi-sim price S$ 11. Why? Because the contract doesn't cover multi-sim service. As long as an existing subscriber didn't terminate the service, the price remains the same.
Old 13-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #441
Master Member

Yes, I have 4 sim cards paying S$ 11/month... before ST increased the price. They increased the price (or maintain but lower down your data). Strange way to do business.

Recontracting doesn't change the SIM card price. I have recontract my lines and still the same multi-sim price S$ 11. Why? Because the contract doesn't cover multi-sim service. As long as an existing subscriber didn't terminate the service, the price remains the same.
When did you do your most recent recontract?
Old 04-12-2012, 02:38 AM   #442

I have recontract my lines and still the same multi-sim price S$ 11. Why? Because the contract doesn't cover multi-sim service. As long as an existing subscriber didn't terminate the service, the price remains the same.
> when did you "recontract my lines and still the same multi-sim price S$ 11." ?
did you recontract before July 1st?
otcmarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.